Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking San Diego Ticket Drops

They dropped two single seats today in section C (in front of Lindsey) but that was it. I got 2nd row the other seat was in the 8th row. It's gone now but it may show up againwho knows. Hopefully, for those of you who haven't gotten your tickets yet and are waiting ticket drops more will drop the closer we get to show time.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 05-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the info. I need 2 tickets though, and I went ahead and bought them through the Platinum Seats. I had to pay a little more, but the price had gone down considerably from what it was say 3 weeks ago. This show in particular is very important to me, as my Mom passed away 1 year ago to that date (May 31), and the last time I saw Fleetwood Mac was with her at this same venue. So someone upstairs wants me to be happy that day. I couldn't believe it when I saw the date of this show for the first time.

~Jamie
Old 05-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default TicketDrops

I noticed this morning that stubhub has about 50 primo tickets in section C alone including, get this, 13 in row 2 and 20 in row 3. Seems as if TM is dumping these tickets on the secondary market if you ask me. Just wait folks those tickets will drop like a lead balloon by next Wednesday or Thursday as StubHub has a cut-off date for sales. No last minute like cheappricedtickets. So be patient.

Carol-Lynn
Old 05-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
I noticed this morning that stubhub has about 50 primo tickets in section C alone including, get this, 13 in row 2 and 20 in row 3.

Carol-Lynn
So strange to think that we're this close to the concert and they had such a large block of unsold tickets.

Michele
Old 05-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Ticketing

Either the ILAA packages aren't selling very well or they intentionally held back those tickets until the week before and are trying to get top dollar through secondary ticket brokers because these tickets were not on stubhub before yesterday. Remember what happened in New Jersey when Bruce Springsteen tickets went on sale a couple months ago. Fans were intentionally shut out by TM and redirected to their ticketing partner, TicketsNow (a secondary ticket-broker). Bruce screamed "foul" and the attorney general of Jersey stepped in and slapped TM on the wrist. So, I have a feeling it's a little bit of both; i.e., internal scalping and lack of interest in the ILAA VIP scam-perience.

Then too we have 4 concerts in SoCal within a four drive of each other if you also consider Vegas to be SoCal (and some of us SoCal residents do) then you can also attribute it to over-saturation. They originally had a second date scheduled in June for Staples but scrapped it at the eleventh hour literally minutes before tickets were to go on sale.

Carol-Lynn
SoCaGal

Last edited by carol7lynn; 05-21-2009 at 12:33 PM..
Old 05-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Either the ILAA packages aren't selling very well or they intentionally held back those tickets until the week before and are trying to get top dollar through secondary ticket brokers because these tickets were not on stubhub before yesterday. Remember what happened in New Jersey when Bruce Springsteen tickets went on sale a couple months ago. Fans were intentionally shut out by TM and redirected to their ticketing partner, TicketsNow (a secondary ticket-broker). Bruce screamed "foul" and the attorney general of Jersey stepped in and slapped TM on the wrist. So, I have a feeling it's a little bit of both; i.e., internal scalping and lack of interest in the ILAA VIP scam-perience.

Then too we have 4 concerts in SoCal within a four drive of each other if you also consider Vegas to be SoCal (an some of us SoCal residents do) then you can also attribute it to over-saturation. They originally had a second date scheudled in June for Staples but scrapped it at the eleventh hour literally minutes before tickets were to go on sale.

Carol-Lynn
SoCaGal
Say, how many of those SO cal shows are you going to? I'll be at Staples, Vegas, and San Diego.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Drops

David,

All but Vegas but only if I can get tickets in the first three or four rows. I'm patiently waiting for ticket-drops for Anaheim and L.A. Not much on the secondary market for either of those show yet but since I live close to both venues I can play the waiting game. I got 2nd row from a broker for a solo Stevie show at the Gibson for face value a couple years ago at 5:00 p.m. the night of and that agency never sells singles for any price let alone face value but that night they did. Wish me luck. I am literally living on the net.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
David,

All but Vegas but only if I can get tickets in the first three or four rows. I'm patiently waiting for ticket-drops for Anaheim and L.A. Not much on the secondary market for either of those show yet but since I live close to both venues I can play the waiting game. I got 2nd row from a broker for a solo Stevie show at the Gibson for face value a couple years ago at 5:00 p.m. the night of and that agency never sells singles for any price let alone face value but that night they did. Wish me luck. I am literally living on the net.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal
Hey good luck. Hope you can snag front row!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Drops

Thanks David. I'm crossing my fingers.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal