The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #166  
Old 06-22-2018, 02:57 PM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
On what grounds? She doesn’t own the name.
Much as I am interested to see Neil and Mike, my preference is easily Lindsey instead and if Lindsey can't be involved (for whatever stupid reason), then my preference is Mick, John, Christine and Stevie.

Why, oh why, did some bright sparks think they should bring new people in? Are they all that insecure that they cannot exist without a lead guitarist? I know - many if not all Mac songs feature guitar. Why not hire a couple of session musicians rather than bring people into the inner circle?

I would have loved a Women of Mac show.

And - to the quoted point. Mick and John own the name, correct. And it's a shame. If John and Christine owned the name, I'd bet we would either not be having a tour, or we would have a foursome.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 06-22-2018, 03:01 PM
Angel75 Angel75 is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
On what grounds? She doesn’t own the name.
But if she's a member of the band and that brand name if you like and hasn't consented to an album being released without her in it then she has some sort of case. I am not familiar with US law but I assuming there would be some grounds on that basis, no?
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 06-22-2018, 03:19 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
But if she's a member of the band and that brand name if you like and hasn't consented to an album being released without her in it then she has some sort of case. I am not familiar with US law but I assuming there would be some grounds on that basis, no?
She wouldn’t really have a case. Mick and John own the name outright after a lengthy legal case, and they alone can decide when to use the name.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 06-22-2018, 03:24 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Much as I am interested to see Neil and Mike, my preference is easily Lindsey instead and if Lindsey can't be involved (for whatever stupid reason), then my preference is Mick, John, Christine and Stevie.

Why, oh why, did some bright sparks think they should bring new people in? Are they all that insecure that they cannot exist without a lead guitarist? I know - many if not all Mac songs feature guitar. Why not hire a couple of session musicians rather than bring people into the inner circle?

I would have loved a Women of Mac show.
Fleetwood Mac was always a guitar driven band and has always had at least one male vocalist. They’re not about to change that.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 06-22-2018, 03:24 PM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She wouldn’t really have a case. Mick and John own the name outright after a lengthy legal case, and they alone can decide when to use the name.
In his books, Mick talked about Christine calling regularly during the early stages of recording Say You Will, all but indicating she would love to record, if she could get away with not touring. The release of In the Meantime so shortly after Say You Will supports this.

Did Christine ever even consider suing when Say You Will was released without songs written by her? No, because Christine is not a vengeful kind of person.

Would Stevie even consider suing if BuckVie was released as Carnival Begin by Fleetwood Mac? You betcha. Would she be able to prosecute a valid argument as to why a band cannot release an album without her, when she was actually asked to contribute, and refused to participate? Nope.

But the fact they didn't feel comfortable calling Buckingham McVie "Fleetwood Mac" speaks volumes.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 06-22-2018, 03:26 PM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Fleetwood Mac was always a guitar driven band and has always had at least one male vocalist. They’re not about to change that.
No need to bring people in as bona fide band members. Plenty of sessions vocalists/guitarists would kill to play with Fleetwood Mac's foursome. I know session vocalists aren't really a thing but it is a possibility, that was not even considered.
And I much prefer their rare piano driven songs. Angel, Songbird, It Takes Time. Just magic.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 06-22-2018, 03:34 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
No need to bring people in as bona fide band members. Plenty of sessions vocalists/guitarists would kill to play with Fleetwood Mac's foursome. I know session vocalists aren't really a thing but it is a possibility, that was not even considered.
And I much prefer their rare piano driven songs. Angel, Songbird, It Takes Time. Just magic.

A rock band without a recognized guitarist...is just weird.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 06-22-2018, 03:34 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Did Christine ever even consider suing when Say You Will was released without songs written by her? No, because Christine is not a vengeful kind of person.
She had already left the band. She might have wanted to participate, but they needed her to be a full member and politely declined.

Quote:
But the fact they didn't feel comfortable calling Buckingham McVie "Fleetwood Mac" speaks volumes.
Not really. We know why. Tours still make money, albums don’t anymore.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 06-22-2018, 04:13 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post

Did Christine ever even consider suing when Say You Will was released without songs written by her? No, because Christine is not a vengeful kind of person.
Tell that to Bob Welch!

(do you know who he is?)
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 06-22-2018, 04:33 PM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Tell that to Bob Welch!

(do you know who he is?)
Of course I know who Bob Welch is. Outside Peter Green, probably the most important persona in pre-Rumours Fleetwood Mac. And he jammed with Stevie on Ebony Eyes! Several times!

So it's Christine's fault that Bob was not inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an institution that Chrissy Hynde called "embarrassing"? She may have done him a favour.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 06-22-2018, 04:42 PM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 595
Default

Stevie certainly never let Bob down. Wish she would jam with Lindsey again at his solo shows like she did with Bob. But one can hardly say Stevie let Lindsey down when she stayed in the same band as him 41 years after they split. As an aside, did Lindsey and Stevie actually split in 1977, or was it in 1974/1975 or even earlier?

Anyway, so much for her promise to Fleetwood Mac in 1979 "I am never going to break up Fleetwood Mac".


Last edited by secret love : 06-22-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 06-22-2018, 04:49 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Stevie certainly never let Bob down. Wish she would jam with Lindsey again at his solo shows like she did with Bob. But one can hardly say Stevie let Lindsey down when she stayed in the same band as him 41 years after they split. As an aside, did Lindsey and Stevie actually split in 1977, or was it in 1974/1975 or even earlier?

They split in 76, during the making of Rumours but according to Lindsey it happened gradually throughout that year, they'd still be "involved" even while they breaking apart. They'd had problems before that but stayed together.

And I don't think Stevie staying in Fleetwood Mac after they broken up says anything at all about her not "letting Lindsey down" or not. That was her career. If she had left the band prematurely it would have hurt her career.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 06-22-2018, 04:56 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Tell that to Bob Welch!

(do you know who he is?)
Funny how people who think Mick is a liar think he was telling Wendy the truth…

Who was the easiest to throw under the bus as far as Fleetwood Mac concerned in 2012?
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 06-22-2018, 05:03 PM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Funny how people who think Mick is a liar think he was telling Wendy the truth…

Who was the easiest to throw under the bus as far as Fleetwood Mac concerned in 2012?
Well Bob, obviously, but wait, what year did he suicide? Not 2012 was it? Throwing him under the bus at that particular juncture would surely be out of the question.

STEVIE should have been thrown under the bus when she delayed the tour and replaced with Sheryl Crow or Susannah Hoffs.

Gotta say, a line up of Mick, John, Christine, Lindsey and Sheryl appeals to me much more than the current reality. That said, Sheryl would feel too much loyalty to Stevie to say yes and Susannah would be worried about damaging her legacy with the Bangles...though Neil and Mike were unfazed about their respectively very respectable legacies, so who knows.

Last edited by secret love : 06-22-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 06-22-2018, 05:32 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Well Bob, obviously, but wait, what year did he suicide? Not 2012 was it? Throwing him under the bus at that particular juncture would surely be out of the question.
That’s not what the reference was about. Bob committed suicide in 2012, and Wendy Welch said that Mick told her Christine refused to go to the Hall of Fame ceremony if Bob was included. It was easy for Mick to blame that on the long retired Christine, thus creating no hard feelings between Wendy and the remaining members.

But was that really what happened?
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureFLEETWOOD MAC A RARE PROOF ARTWORK FOR THE DANCE
$486.92
FLEETWOOD MAC A RARE PROOF ARTWORK FOR THE DANCE  pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved