The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-12-2020, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How sad to scour the internet to find ways to mock Stevie.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
No scouring. Saturday Night Live was mocking her 20? years ago! The fact that some of are primarily fans of THE BAND, and not her specifically, shouldn't hurt your feelings. Accept it. Accept it with a sense of humor. $he's NOT a goddess. $he's an old woman with barely any voice left.

$he's become a caricature of herself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBqB_k84Ms
Old 06-13-2020, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
$he's an old woman with barely any voice left.
… but still a lot of evilness in her black soul….
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
… but still a lot of evilness in her black soul….
So you think $he actually has a soul....

Intriguing...
Old 06-14-2020, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
No scouring. Saturday Night Live was mocking her 20? years ago! The fact that some of are primarily fans of THE BAND, and not her specifically, shouldn't hurt your feelings. Accept it. Accept it with a sense of humor. $he's NOT a goddess. $he's an old woman with barely any voice left.

$he's become a caricature of herself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBqB_k84Ms
She's the WORST now. I used to be the biggest fan of hers but i just can't do it anymore. She's changed, she's become a bitter old woman hanging on to her fame anyway she can . It's gross. Goat "let me see, who can I attach myself to prolong my fame and make me look relevant.... wait....who's that boy on the TV Harry Styles? Is he famous?" Karen "he's the biggest thing right now" Goat "quick get me backstage to his next show"
Old 06-15-2020, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
She's the WORST now. I used to be the biggest fan of hers but i just can't do it anymore. She's changed, she's become a bitter old woman hanging on to her fame anyway she can . It's gross. Goat "let me see, who can I attach myself to prolong my fame and make me look relevant.... wait....who's that boy on the TV Harry Styles? Is he famous?" Karen "he's the biggest thing right now" Goat "quick get me backstage to his next show"
That's exactly what $he's doing. Clinging to anything that makes her appear to still be relevant. That $he's had a hit since the 80's... And I'm sure $he has no idea who these people are, until her yes family tells her.
Old 06-12-2020, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
Yeah, some people need to just let it go.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Yeah, some people need to just let it go.
Like Stevie? Yeah, not gonna happen.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 06-14-2020, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Like Stevie? Yeah, not gonna happen.
Why would you expect that from a woman who was all but married to the guy for seven years and had to deal with him, often acrimoniously, for over 40 years after they split? Stevie will never “let it go,” and it’s unfair, if not completely unrealistic, to expect otherwise from her. Sorry she can’t see him through the same fanboy lens as you.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-14-2020, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why would you expect that from a woman who was all but married to the guy for seven years and had to deal with him, often acrimoniously, for over 40 years after they split? Stevie will never “let it go,” and it’s unfair, if not completely unrealistic, to expect otherwise from her. Sorry she can’t see him through the same fanboy lens as you.
I don't see how it was fair of her to say at the PGA Festival Show that Lindsey was a coward to not to call her to join Fritz. That's slander in front of 20,000 people. Why does she have to bring him up like that? It's like just mention Robert Aguirre and how nice Robert was.
She doesn't benefit from the masses by mentioning Lindsey. She might benefit if she says she loves Lady Gaga or Drake. Then People.com will publish a story on how she said she likes those artists.
She was sued in 2018 (as a party to the group Fleetwood Mac) and her attorney or band attorney had to settle with Lindsey. They felt his termination was justified but they effed up. The lawsuit & settlement got major press coverage. Even on my local news.
Better to not say anything at all about him. She could talk about Jimmy Iovine, Lori, Sharon, & all the other collaborators she loves.
Old 06-14-2020, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I don't see how it was fair of her to say at the PGA Festival Show that Lindsey was a coward to not to call her to join Fritz. That's slander in front of 20,000 people. Why does she have to bring him up like that? It's like just mention Robert Aguirre and how nice Robert was.
She doesn't benefit from the masses by mentioning Lindsey. She might benefit if she says she loves Lady Gaga or Drake. Then People.com will publish a story on how she said she likes those artists.
She was sued in 2018 (as a party to the group Fleetwood Mac) and her attorney or band attorney had to settle with Lindsey. They felt his termination was justified but they effed up. The lawsuit & settlement got major press coverage. Even on my local news.
Better to not say anything at all about him. She could talk about Jimmy Iovine, Lori, Sharon, & all the other collaborators she loves.
She should stop mentioning him. At all. But yet she keeps on talking on and on about him. Most of the time to slander him. Sometimes she starts complimenting him but then she can't help it and she ends up saying something nasty about him.

Because, you know, he was such a monster to her and she was nothing but a saint…. Yeah, talking about fanboy lens….
Old 06-14-2020, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
She should stop mentioning him. At all. But yet she keeps on talking on and on about him. Most of the time to slander him. Sometimes she starts complimenting him but then she can't help it and she ends up saying something nasty about him.
Have either of you ever seen Sonny and Cher dog one another in interviews long after their personal and professional relationships ended? And, they had a child together. Never heard Cher say bad things about Greg Allman. It’s hardly a phenomenon unique to either Stevie or Lindsey.

Quote:
Because, you know, he was such a monster to her and she was nothing but a saint…. Yeah, talking about fanboy lens….
They were both insecure spoiled rich kids who couldn’t separate their careers as musicians from their personal relationship. They WERE monsters to each other and continue to be.

My fanboy lens is Mick, John, & Christine. Don’t recall seeing John or Christine saying bad things about each other. Maybe that’s because they were both accomplished musicians before they got together romantically. Their identities as musicians weren’t wrapped up in their personal relationship. They didn’t have the “you wouldn’t be anything without me” thing that seemed to plague Stevie and Lindsey. As a result, they became good friends again over time. John helped Christine out with demo work for her 1984 album and she lent him her keyboards for his solo project.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-15-2020, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
what did she say exactly??
Old 06-15-2020, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
what did she say exactly??
At the PGA Concert?
If you're asking about that, she was speaking before Landslide - maybe.

She said there's someone here tonight that lives or works here in Palm Springs, who invited me to join Fritz because Lindsey was too much of a coward to call me. She said Bobby's full name. I think she raised her knee to her elbow to pose as the famous Thinking Person Statue.