User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-22-2003, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy I'm Gen X too....

Unfortunately...LOL I wish I had been born a lil bit earlier, but oh well, whaddayagannado?
Old 02-22-2003, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sara1998
Don't stereotype all gen~X'ers. I'm a gen~X'er, and ALL I ever listen to it the Mac and Stevie. Think I don't get some strange looks???

But I don't give a damn!

Maria
Yeah that's exactly what I mean. I'm 19, and dig FM - but I'm afraid our ilk are in the minority (keep in mind Stevie's 'cult following' isn't in Australia like it is in the States).
Old 02-23-2003, 06:34 AM
Ledgie

Default What a trippy discussion

I'm 32, grew up listening to FM, and I've never heard anyone use the word "cheesy" as a even a partial description of FM.

Now, I know I'm not THAT old - hell, some would even call me young (did ya get that you old fogies? - lol - jk). And I've never felt I had to apologize for my appreciatation of the Mac to anyone. I guess many of these Gen-Xers (with the exception of Christy, Maria and other Groovies on this board) have no concept of what REAL music is all about. They have their heads up their butts waiting to develop a glass stomach so they can finish watching MTVs beach party or whatever other flavor of the month MTV decides to cater to.

Am I bitter? Nah - just having a little fun here. But I do think it's interesting to see how some people are so limited in their appreciation for true artistic genius

of course, if everyone would just think like me, then everything would be ultra-groovy!!!

But let's face it, when it comes to music, some people are just idiots - and boy am I glad that I'm not one of those people - rofl

david
Old 02-23-2003, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Not to be a smart-ass, but

I've heard people born between 1968-1978 are "Gen X-ers" and people born between 1978-1988 are in Gen-Y. I heard that in some stupid corporate seminar I was dragged to at work I forget where it came from or why that dividing line. It would be like a decade thing but people don't have like a cultural consciousness till they're at least 2....or something.Whatever.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 02-23-2003, 02:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

hmmm... I'm a Gen X-er then (born 1968). which I guess kinda makes sense... I think I first heard that term around the time that Tabitha Soren was doing the "news" on MTV... I think I'm around her age. Anyway, I'm a proud Gen X lover of FM!

By the way, if Gen X starts in 1968, and baby boomers are 1945 - 1964, what are those poor people born in 1965-67?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer386
Getting back on track with this post, I don't know if maybe this quote would sound better in the full context of the interview. First of all, I don't know the band The Music...so what kind of music do they play? If they are this type of Nu-Metal band or something along those lines, I might see why HE would think of Fleetwood Mac as cheesy -- even though I (and I'm sure many more here) find Fleetwood Mac to be much better musically than any of these types of bands today.
I don't know what my husband did with the magazine, but I think one of the other influences was Rage Against the Machine. So you're probably right. I guess it wouldn't be "cool" for him to still like FM... wuss... stand up for the music you like!
Old 02-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I Love Cheese!!!

ReallY Cheesey??? I Love FM/Lindsey Cheese!
Agree... they could have found Lindsey a sexier
"lover-girl." He, however looked just gorgeous to my
eyes!!! I giggled at a tv ad I just saw ...the pretty
girl has that ridiculous baggy slip on! Yikes!

Re: Hawaii...Kathy D...Have you ever spied The Mac
out there frolicing or performing? Enjoy the weather
as we have 18 degrees with blowing snow!Aloha! Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 02-23-2003, 02:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Never! And I read about FM members in the entertainment section of the newspaper quite often... so-and-so was spotted at this restaurant or that show... but I never see them. I need to get out more. I don't like going to Waikiki though... too crowded. There is one restaurant that we like in Waikiki. One time, exactly a week after we had been there, Jimmy Buffett showed up and played a few songs impromptu... one week... ahh. However, it seems like FM members go to Maui more often. I really like Maui... maybe I should move there....

I've lived in Hawaii for over 10 years now and definitely don't miss the 18 degree weather! But I do miss out on a lot of concerts... artists don't perform here very often... too expensive to bring everything here, I guess.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by KathyD

By the way, if Gen X starts in 1968, and baby boomers are 1945 - 1964, what are those poor people born in 1965-67?
Good question! I don't know . I just remember that I was the only Gen-Y person in the room (I was born in '79) and it was kind of embarassing .
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."