User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Yes I know it's all Stevie's fault. Tell Me sounds amazing!
I never said it was ALL her fault. I am merely pointing out that lots of people keep saying it was Lindsey's fault for the stale set lists. Yet in the 10 years he was absent they ignored everyone outside of the B/N. era except for Peter Green. Why is that? This current set list features songs that B/N had no hand in that are not Peter Green songs. This is something they could have done at ANY time on any tour and as a whole the Band settled for the same old same old (With some exceptions). Remember on SYW tour it was Lindsey who suggested doing Beautiful Child?

I may be in the minority but I didn't like the cover songs especially Free Falling. They have 50 years of FM material to draw from and could have played other FM songs. Stevie isn't doing anything from her FM catalog that she hasn't done before. Where was Angel or That's Alright for example. Black Magic Woman was not that good in my opinion.

I am surprised at they are doing All Over Again. Hardly anyone would know that song and or even saw that lineup in concert much less own the "Time" CD. I wonder how many Stevie Nicks fans were familiar with the tune.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
But Meanwhile ignore the man who put her in that freaking band this is disgusting. It’s sad that you have no problem with the fact that she has made this her band.
Lindsey isn't dead thank goodness. But if he croaks then I'm sure they'll put him up there too.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post

I am surprised at they are doing All Over Again. Hardly anyone would know that song and or even saw that lineup in concert much less own the "Time" CD. I wonder how many Stevie Nicks fans were familiar with the tune.
They will by the end of this tour. It's a high point.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:49 AM
Registered

That Rhiannon is probably the most enervated and lethargic performance I have ever seen. Her range has apparently shrunk to two notes, and Lindsey's guitar licks are sorely missed. The cats outside in the dark make better and more passionate music than she. But there is a very large contingent here who confuse shawl twirling, bleating, and exaggerated hand gesticulations with musicianship. Which is why Lindsey is out of Fleetwood Mac and the Goat Queen remains.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac Debuts New Lineup At Tour Opener In Tulsa: Setlist & Videos

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame act Fleetwood Mac officially began the latest era in the band’s historic career by opening their first tour with a new lineup last night at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The tour is the first since Lindsey Buckingham parted ways with the Mac earlier this year. Guitarists Mike Campbell and Neil Finn replaced Buckingham and join longtime members Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Christine McVie on the road. Wednesday’s show featured material from Campbell and Finn’s old bands, a few Mac classics that pre-date Buckingham’s tenure in the group and plenty of hits.

Fleetwood Mac opened with “The Chain” featuring Finn on Buckingham’s vocal parts. A run of hits “Little Lies,” “Dreams,” “Second Hand News” and “Say You Love Me” was followed by the group’s first “Black Magic Woman” since 1987 (all stats as per Setlist.FM). While Santana scored a hit with “Black Magic Woman,” the song was written by founding and former Fleetwood Mac member Peter Green for inclusion on the band’s debut studio album. Other oldies that made the cut in Tulsa were “Tell Me All The Things You Do” off 1970’s Kiln House for the first time since 1977, Tusk’s “Storms” for the first time since 2009, “Hypnotized” from 1973’s Mystery To Me for the first time since 1977, Tango In The Night’s “Isn’t It Midnight” for the first time since 1990 and “Monday Morning” off the group’s self-titled 1975 LP for the first time since 2009. In addition, the Green-penned “Oh Well” returned after an eight-year layoff.

Neil Finn not only led Fleetwood Mac through the beloved Crowded House favorite “Don’t Dream It’s Over” but also threw back to his Split Enz days by fronting a performance of “I Got You.” An emotional moment came to start the encore, when Mike Campbell’s time in Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers was honored with a Stevie-sung rendition of “Free Fallin’.” The encore continued with “Don’t Stop” and concluded with the live debut of “All Over Again,” a song Fleetwood Mac recorded for their 1995 album Time.

https://www.jambase.com/article/flee...setlist-videos

The videos and set list in the above article have already been posted here so I omitted them.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:17 AM
Ledgie

Free Fallin was awful. Why does Stevie Nicks always feel the need to gain sympathy from people and her audience? I seriously ask this question to people on this board who are more knowledgeable about her than me. Using Tom Petty's death to do this makes me sick. What are these people doing?
Old 10-04-2018, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Loving all the Christine and Mike interaction during the Black Magic Woman jam. They look like they are having so much fun! Also, I guess Stevie was right about Free Fallin being "a moment", I hear a LOT of people singing along.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Small clip of Hypnotized - love it!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">hypnotized. his voice ??? amazing <a href="https://t.co/eueXN22ErC">pic.twitter.com/eueXN22ErC</a></p>&mdash; ✩ ariah ✩ (@prlvateunlverse) <a href="https://twitter.com/prlvateunlverse/status/1047825188497371139?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sorry it pasted the introductions in there too for some reason
Old 10-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
That Rhiannon is probably the most enervated and lethargic performance I have ever seen. Her range has apparently shrunk to two notes, and Lindsey's guitar licks are sorely missed. The cats outside in the dark make better and more passionate music than she. But there is a very large contingent here who confuse shawl twirling, bleating, and exaggerated hand gesticulations with musicianship. Which is why Lindsey is out of Fleetwood Mac and the Goat Queen remains.
I enjoyed that performance of Rhiannon. I have never made a gif in my life but decided I am going to make one of the part in the middle where she walks toward the audience very quickly and with such confidence and gives them a little bit of that Rhiannon magic I love so much. And then I am going to post it in my Facebook group.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Two more tracks..

Just watched "The Chain" and "Rhiannon" and thought both were really good.

"The Chain" sounded so much better than the performance from Ellen - Mike Campbell can play! (Still not sure about Neil, but he was better here). I also like the backdrop with the split screen videos of each of the six band members.

"Rhiannon" was really good - I mean she's 70 now! The 70's Rhiannon - I'll take it. I thought the horses on the backdrop were also interesting. So far - so good.

Need more videos. Need more videos.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Loving all the Christine and Mike interaction during the Black Magic Woman jam. They look like they are having so much fun! Also, I guess Stevie was right about Free Fallin being "a moment", I hear a LOT of people singing along.
Yes. Andby the 4th or 5th show she will have it down. She was clearly verklempt.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I enjoyed that performance of Rhiannon. I have never made a gif in my life but decided I am going to make one of the part in the middle where she walks toward the audience very quickly and with such confidence and gives them a little bit of that Rhiannon magic I love so much. And then I am going to post it in my Facebook group.
I wanna see that gif when your done!

I haven't watched ALL of the videos yet, but the ones I have I thought they sounded great. I'll mention it again for those in the back - it is a shame they couldn't work things out with Lindsey, especially at this stage. That said, they are moving on, Lindsey is moving on. So, maybe we can all move on too? Stop trashing the "side" that you aren't on and spend that energy positively by supporting the "side" that you are on by going to their shows. After all, both "sides" are touring. We have choices! Of course, there's also not choosing a side at all and taking this for what it is.

As for me, I plan to see FM in Dec in San Diego. I'm not seeing Lindsey, but that doesn't mean I'm going to trash his Kimmel performance or any future videos I might watch of his. I wish him the best.

Jamie
Old 10-04-2018, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I'm not seeing Lindsey, but that doesn't mean I'm going to trash his Kimmel performance or any future videos I might watch of his. I wish him the best.

Jamie
I thought he was great on Kimmel. His show is going to be awesome. I need to check out his set list from last night. Did he just play one song?

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-04-2018 at 11:22 AM..
Old 10-04-2018, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
Free Fallin was awful. Why does Stevie Nicks always feel the need to gain sympathy from people and her audience? I seriously ask this question to people on this board who are more knowledgeable about her than me. Using Tom Petty's death to do this makes me sick. What are these people doing?
Say goodbye to FF. She won't want to be belting that A note for much longer.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't posted much lately mainly because I've tried to avoid the negativity that has taken over as of late. I will admit I was apprehensive going into this, but the setlist has intrigued me. Regardless of where you stand, you have to admit that FM shook it up a bit. Do I wish Lindsey was still in the band? Absolutely, but I don't think Stevie and everyone else are the vile beings some say they are. I think it's extremely unfortunate that these people couldn't put aside their differences for one more tour, but I don't see the point of worrying so much about something that cannot be changed. With that said, I wish both Lindsey and Fleetwood Mac good luck. I'm thinking of getting a ticket to the STL FM show. This will be my first time seeing FM (I saw Stevie and BuckVie last year). I just wish Lindsey had a show closer to me, since travel doesn't work with my work/school schedule.