The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Do you like Stevie’s new single, Show Them the Way?
Yes 36 54.55%
No 20 30.30%
Not sure 2 3.03%
I like the music but not the lyrics. 8 12.12%
I like the lyrics but not the music. 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2020, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You hit that nail right on the head!

$he could eat 50 White Castles and a 12 pack of Budweiser, and they'd tell how great her farts smelled. Not joking.
I feel that Stevie put all her might into these new releases and did tons of press and couldn’t even get her new releases to chart on Billboard. To me this means her career is over. She couldn’t even chart in the top 200. That’s awful. She won’t do another album. She is not stupid.

One has to wonder if now she is starting to realize how much she ticked off true fans. She ruined Fleetwood Mac and she embraced Hollywood by trying to capitalize on her abortion and political views. Get woke, go broke. It’s all backfired now. She comes off as a fake has-been.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I feel that Stevie put all her might into these new releases and did tons of press and couldn’t even get her new releases to chart on Billboard. To me this means her career is over. She couldn’t even chart in the top 200. That’s awful. She won’t do another album. She is not stupid.

One has to wonder if now she is starting to realize how much she ticked off true fans. She ruined Fleetwood Mac and she embraced Hollywood by trying to capitalize on her abortion and political views. Get woke, go broke. It’s all backfired now. She comes off as a fake has-been.
All of their careers are over as top selling artists. The Dance was their swan song of being on top. They're all legacy acts now. Lemme play you some songs from 45 years ago. "BTW, these are my last youthful years". (BOTH of my grandmas died younger than "youthful" $tevie)

Even if in the back of her mind, $he knows how much $he f*cked up by firing him, $he blocks it out. And with Karen and $tevie's PAID friends telling her how wonderful $he is, every minute of the day, it's fairly easy to block out(I would assume).

$he IS a fake has-been.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 12-02-2020 at 10:52 AM..
Old 12-02-2020, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post

I really don't think the firing matters much to most people, although the political muck might. None of the Mac members are anything more than has-beens, Stevie just happens to be the one with fans. And as a band they have been an oldies road show for over twenty years.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
And as a band they have been an oldies road show for over twenty years.
Say You Will Tour and Live 2013/Rumours 35 Tour featured new songs.

Is Bon Jovi an oldies road show too because they do a few new songs and a lot of old songs?
Old 12-02-2020, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You hit that nail right on the head!

$he could eat 50 White Castles and drink a 12 pack of Budweiser, and they'd tell how great her farts smelled. Not joking.
Happy Birthday. Btw, Stevie is allergic to gluten so no "murder burgers" as we call them in Manhattan!
Old 12-02-2020, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Happy Birthday. Btw, Stevie is allergic to gluten so no "murder burgers" as we call them in Manhattan!
Thank you.

I had no idea $he was allergic to gluten. You must read the fine print!
Old 12-02-2020, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I want to say hello to Karen, Sheryl, and Mary. Guess they're reading The Ledge because Show Them the Way is getting a lyric video this afternoon on Youtube.

I'm sure it'll reach two million views today.
Old 12-05-2020, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This place never changes, never stops.

I don't fault her for "suddenly" becoming political. I don't consider it a turnabout or bid for popularity--FM did endorse Clinton, after all. COVID has forced people to pay attention and speak up even if they had the luxury of ignoring politics until now. As sheltered from it as she is, I think Stevie does pay attention to the world around her and is probably more politically-minded than she has previously let on.

I don't hate it, but I'm not likely to listen to it again. I'm waiting for her to do something with those skates she was lacing up!
Old 12-05-2020, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
This place never changes, never stops.

I don't fault her for "suddenly" becoming political. I don't consider it a turnabout or bid for popularity--FM did endorse Clinton, after all. COVID has forced people to pay attention and speak up even if they had the luxury of ignoring politics until now. As sheltered from it as she is, I think Stevie does pay attention to the world around her and is probably more politically-minded than she has previously let on.

I don't hate it, but I'm not likely to listen to it again. I'm waiting for her to do something with those skates she was lacing up!
Plus Linds has been self-indulgently embarrassingly political for ages and doesn't get trashed for it.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Plus Linds has been self-indulgently embarrassingly political for ages and doesn't get trashed for it.
Has he? I honestly haven't noticed. For years, I was under the impression that Stevie was a (moderate) Republican, even though that didn't seem to align with her public profile. I didn't give it a lot of thought until she started talking about Hillary and Michelle. I wasn't too political myself when I was super into FM (ah, good old teenage years), so even if she had come right out and said it then, I would've been like, "Ok, whatever that means," lol. Being Canadian, Democrat and Republican weren't terms that I was overly familiar with.

I know now that both of her parents were Repubs, so it was probably something that I read years ago and filed away erroneously. Looking at her 9/11 journals now, it's pretty clear which side she was on!
"Please everyone, do not blame people for this just because they are Muslim or come from some other ethnic group. If you do, you let Osama Bin Laden win as surely as if you helped him put those planes through those towers. You - become him. He wins."
Old 12-05-2020, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
FM did endorse Clinton, after all.
No they didn’t. He used their song. That was it. John McVie is a Republican and Christine isn’t a US citizen but has said she probably wouldn’t have voted for him.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-05-2020, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
No they didn’t. He used their song. That was it. John McVie is a Republican and Christine isn’t a US citizen but has said she probably wouldn’t have voted for him.
Plus SN said on Letterman that she thought he was too young to be president.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
But they didn't tell him not to use it, so that alone could be taken as tacit approval. That was a factor too, though: I thought, just because they seemed to support the party then, doesn't mean they would now. I didn't even think about the McVies in all of that. A bit silly of me, considering she wrote it.
Old 12-05-2020, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Plus SN said on Letterman that she thought he was too young to be president.
Really? He was three years older than Kennedy, which I didn't know until just now when I googled it. Kennedy was only 43. The average age of past presidents at the time of their election was 60ish, so I guess she was basing her answer on that. It also kind of sounds like she was trying to say, diplomatically, that he was doing a ****e job.

God, I hadn't seen this in forever. They left the commercials in, too!

Old 12-05-2020, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But they didn't tell him not to use it, so that alone could be taken as tacit approval. That was a factor too, though: I thought, just because they seemed to support the party then, doesn't mean they would now. I didn't even think about the McVies in all of that. A bit silly of me, considering she wrote it.
Not necessarily so. Some people are just attention whores. You could ride their Mama, as long as they were getting attention.

Have you ever heard of Stevie Nicks?