The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-27-2003, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, this isn't the first time, I've been called delusional and I suspect it won't be the last and as for living in a dream world, yes, I admit that the Ledge is on the fringes of my dream world. Hey, I have a rich fantasy life, is that really a problem??

The Ledge, is one of the few places I can talk FM and get "real" feedback, sometimes negative but I have to say most of the time it's positive from like-minded people. And several times the Ledge has been my escape on a tough stressful day, allowing me to indulge in comedy, fantasy, psuedo and real intellectualism.

the strength of the Ledge is in it's members, people who have made me laugh, made me think but most of all have made me enjoy my favorite band while waiting for various album releases. and heaven knows, a true FM knows how to wait, and wait and wait and believe me, I was a fan before the Internet and I was really in the dark back in the Middle Ages. However, we could be Beatle fans, or WHO fans or Beach Boys fans and we would then be waiting our entire lifetime for a new album...

but Steve, it seems you had a really bad day and really needed to vent which is why your post seems hastily written and full of pure raw emotion...and the Ledge is here for those posts, Ledgie chat and Ledgies argue, but we can also appreciate a real and true fan so post your constructive criticisms....you might get slammed (but most slams are humorous if taken lightly) but you might get us to think as well...

one last thing, remember to be respectful to all members (which btw according to the CHITCHAT poll are alot of young devoted idealistic people) so take that devotion, that passion that makes us dreamers with good humor and appreciation

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64

Last edited by Bella Figura; 01-27-2003 at 01:45 PM..
Old 01-27-2003, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bella Figura
I was a fan before the Internet and I was really in the dark back in the Middle Ages. However, we could be Beatle fans, or WHO fans or Beach Boys fans and we would then be waiting our entire lifetime for a new album...
Couple thoughts on that:

In 1991, I started dropping by record stores all the time to try to get some news on Out of the Cradle. Some of you may recall that album was delayed at least twice too. In April, which must have been the second or third "official release date" that never happened, I went to a Strawberries or something. I asked the guy behind the counter: "Is the Lindsey Buckingham album still on schedule for release at such and such date?"

His response: "Huh. Who's that again?"

I had him look in his database, and he could find no record of it. That did not bode well. A few weeks later, Rolling Stone ran a short piece on the new record, but still no date. Finally at the beginning of June, I stopped by a record store and saw a schedule on the wall with upcoming releases. If I'm not mistaken, Lindsey's album came on June 21. Something like that?

Oh boy, when I took that baby home and played it the first time: candy to my ears. Very few albums have had that effect on me. I still remember it fondly.

Truth be told, I never get like that anymore, even if I really like an album. I would have replayed Out of the Cradle 10 times the first couple of days. But when I got Marah's Kids in Philly, for instance, which I absolutely loved, I just didn't have the patience to listen to it again and again. Is it age?

Which brings me to my next point: I absotively hate waiting. Just ask Mrs. Carne. And I hate waiting for a Fleetwood Mac or Lindsey release. But one thing I would advise everyone, especially the younger crowd here: DO NOT wish time would go faster so you can get your hands on that CD. I can't tell you how many times I look back and realize, Oh my, that was already five years ago! Or something like that. Don't rush time. You can never get it back.

Peace everyone from your friend,
CarneVaca (who is feeling rather philosophical and mellow today)
Old 01-27-2003, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Fletwood Mac Lives

Quote:
However, we could be Beatle fans, or WHO fans or Beach Boys fans and we would then be waiting our entire lifetime for a new album...
I think THAT says it all!

Joe
Old 01-28-2003, 05:49 PM
Ledgie

Unhappy

Please accept my appologies for my inconsiderate comment.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:06 PM

Red face

Ive never really had to wait without the internet, i dont think i could of coped
Old 01-28-2003, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well you'd think that with an April 15th release date (tentative, I know), the Feburary 24th release date for the PGSG's new album would hold people over for a couple of months.

Old 01-28-2003, 06:27 PM

In an effort to get PGSG in to the chart I think I will buy it from the shops

Has a PG album ever charted anywhere???

feel free to answer in the PG forum though