The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It would of been so much smarter had they created a Traveling Wilbury's situation. Create a supergoup of some sort and don't call it Fleetwood Mac. It could of worked just fine and come across with more integrity.

However...

1. Would Stevie get on board with something not billed Fleetwood Mac despite Mike and Neil's involvement...

2. It may have required smaller venues = less cash.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
My word for his behavior/statement about the promoter, his manager, etc. That ordeal.
Ah yeah. Standing up for art instead of being a complete commercial whore. Which at this point in their careers and lives, they really shouldn’t be. But people seem to try to justify, in a very self-righteous ways too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For decades Ringo Starr has toured using a successful and entertaining format: the All-Starr Band. He recruits other known musicians who had hit records during the '70s and '80s. He sings his own songs, then goes behind the drum kit to drum on these other musicians' hits. It's a lot of fun, fans like it, and nobody complains that Ringo should only be doing songs by The Beatles and from his own solo catalog.

This new FM format ought to be called The Mick Fleetwood All Star Band. Then they could have some Fleetwood Mac songs, they could have a solo song or two by Stevie and even Christine, they could have some Tom Petty songs, they could have some songs by the band the other new guy was in; they could even have Sheryl Crow drop in and do a song or two.

Wouldn't that be more honest than calling this Fleetwood Mac? Their publicity on this has been so forced and awkward, why don't they just come out and call this what it is? (Rhetorical question ... I know the an$wer.)
Old 05-03-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Ah yeah. Standing up for art instead of being a complete commercial whore. Which at this point in their careers and lives, they really shouldn’t be. But people seem to try to justify, in a very self-righteous ways too.
But it's thanks to promoters that FM members, including Lindsey, were able to mantain their lifestyle, which in his case comprehends pursuing his artistic solo career regardless of economical profit; I doubt without their help any of them would have the ability to handle the economical side of the business on their own. As we say in my country You shouldn't spit in the plate you're eating from, I think in your country you say Don't forget where your bread is buttered or Don't bite the hand that feeds you

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 05-03-2018 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: left a comma and a noun
Old 05-03-2018, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yawn. Now he has plenty of time for his “art.”
Old 05-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It was the TMZ guy who asked if they would do Petty songs; Mick just grunted. I hope they see what an absolutely awful idea that would be and don't do more than "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"... but then I could see Stevie insisting upon more because he just meant so very much to her. I hope that's not the case, though.

Side note: Of course, I feel for Stevie that she lost her close friend, but talking so much about how it affected her - making that a part of her interviews about firing Lindsey, presumably making it a part of speeches she gives at concerts - talking about Tom's death has become a "Stevie thing" now. It's going to be a "Stevie thing" at least until the end of this tour, which is over a year. Now that it's a part of her spiel, every interview she does, she's going to spend part of it talking about how Tom Petty's death affected her. And that's not good for anyone, including her, because it's not a natural processing of grief.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-03-2018 at 09:53 AM..
Old 05-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, those are the same that think that playing a tambourine is "art".
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
This new FM format ought to be called The Mick Fleetwood All Star Band. Wouldn't that be more honest than calling this Fleetwood Mac? Their publicity on this has been so forced and awkward, why don't they just come out and call this what it is? (Rhetorical question ... I know the an$wer.)
No, because unlike Ringo's band, FM still has 4 of the 5 members most associated with the band.

Your idea would be like saying, when Bob Welch left and was replaced by Lindsey and Stevie, that they should have renamed FM the Mick Fleetwood All Star Band back then. They didn't change the name then, so it's unnecessary to do it now.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I think the reason you’re looking for is Stevie Nicks
Now that's just rude...

No, wait! I meant TRUE!
Old 05-03-2018, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Couple things.

1) Tom Petty songs...as in plural? What would they really play beyond Stop Dragging

2) While TP and SN were certainly good friends, I've always felt and still feel things relationship is a bit over blown. Seems like a convienent excuse for people on both ends of the firing to use in the way that helps their argument.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay fine.

How about...

Mick Fleetwoods Sh*t Wagon Revue?
Old 05-03-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Couple things.

1) Tom Petty songs...as in plural? What would they really play beyond Stop Dragging

2) While TP and SN were certainly good friends, I've always felt and still feel things relationship is a bit over blown. Seems like a convienent excuse for people on both ends of the firing to use in the way that helps their argument.
Both Tom and Mike have written and performed I Will Run to You, I don't think it's very likely but still a nice possibility, I think they could all pull it off well.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:17 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yeah, those are the same that think that playing a tambourine is "art".
So are twirling and shawl changing.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
So are twirling and shawl changing.
Art? Yeah, she's quite the artiste!
So am I!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fmlolsheepchixLedge.jpg (80.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-03-2018, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
As we say in my country You shouldn't spit in the plate you're eating from, I think in your country you say Don't forget where your bread is buttered or Don't bite the hand that feeds you
We use all those expressions in the U.S., but I'm still partial to "Don't **** where you eat".