Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 2017 tour

I have read that Mick and Christine have both confirmed this, Stevie's solo tour just added more dates for spring of 2017, are all five going to ready for fall of 2017? I really hope they do this tour and it is their farewell tour, it would just be too fitting, and they're all getting old.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:08 PM
Ledgie

I'd rather them wait until early 2018 at least, it seems like it'd be a huge rush trying to get Stevie back in and rehearsing after her solo tour. I'd hate to see her depleted and barely there during the FM Tour, she makes it very obvious she's happier doing her own thing.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I have read that Mick and Christine have both confirmed this, Stevie's solo tour just added more dates for spring of 2017, are all five going to ready for fall of 2017? I really hope they do this tour and it is their farewell tour, it would just be too fitting, and they're all getting old.
2017 tour will be 2 separate tours - FM 4 tour and SN solo tour.

FM 5 tour will start in 2018, according to Stevie's recent interview.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

I was under the impression they'd 'signed on the dotted line' for a tour with all 5 to start in late 2017.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I was under the impression they'd 'signed on the dotted line' for a tour with all 5 to start in late 2017.
I don't think that's the case. There is no consensus on a timeframe for a tour judging by the different interviews. It seems more like it's just an assumption that it will happen.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Quote:
Those are all just assumptions both from us and the band.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I don't think that's the case. There is no consensus on a timeframe for a tour judging by the different interviews. It seems more like it's just an assumption that it will happen.

I'm pretty sure Christine said in an interview the tour was definitely due to start late next year- and she's the one that said it was 'signed on the dotted line'. Mick has also said October 2017 in an interview (and went on to say 'we'll need to work on young Stevie, we'd like it to be earlier than that')
Old 12-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm all confused and more likely not believe in print and internet news sites unless its a video or audio proof of them saying whats going on.Too many BS fake news sites around to add to it.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I'm all confused and more likely not believe in print and internet news sites unless its a video or audio proof of them saying whats going on.Too many BS fake news sites around to add to it.
Chris said on this radio interview the tour would start next year.
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56396
Old 12-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
apparently that has been pushed from the end of 2017 to 2018.

hard to tell, but it's almost like an unwritten rule with this band that their tours always start 3-6 months later than what they first say. as an example, on Dec 30th 2013 at Las Vegas show, Lindsey told bunch of fans from the stage "we are touring next summer" - Pattie has it on video. and yet, that tour started in the fall of 2014. they didn't tour in summer of 2014.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2016, 08:26 PM
Ledgie

Pretenders just announced a solo tour of their own starting in Sept 2017, so there's no way the 24KG tour can be extended (to Europe or wherever) then unless Stevie dropped them, which I doubt she would
Old 12-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Ledgie

If Stevie's solo tour ends in April, that gives her a few months to rest, maybe record a few tracks with FM and then go into rehearsals with FM before their next tour.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just think Fleetwood Mac needs a proper farewell. 2017 would be the most fitting time to do it and to have all five together is very special. Stevie also said in an interview with huffington post in October that they would definitely be doing another Fleetwood Mac tour after her solo tour.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 12-12-2016 at 05:48 AM..
Old 12-12-2016, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I just think Fleetwood Mac needs a proper farewell. 2017 would be the most fitting time to do it and to have all five together is very special. Stevie also said in an interview with huffington post in October that they would definitely be doing another Fleetwood Mac tour after her solo tour.
Huffington Post is also fake news though. Nothing would make me happier than seeing this band release the album without Stevie and then follow it up with a 4 person tour without her. After that they can do a 5 person farewell world tour.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
Huffington Post is also fake news though. Nothing would make me happier than seeing this band release the album without Stevie and then follow it up with a 4 person tour without her. After that they can do a 5 person farewell world tour.
That would be amazing. They are so capable.