Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
LOL. Can you see this?

Lindsey: Dragging Froom in the studio door - "Ste-vie...look what I found... a producer!"
As Stevie is touring the beautiful Buckingham abode, Mitchell stops by to borrow a cup of sugar.

Michele
Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
You just made me realize this...hmm interesting. And see! LB is back with some straight answers.
Love the interviewer: "I have a feeling this interview is going to get the tour canceled before it begins..." Seriously though, be careful kid!
Well, luckily the contracts are signed already, at least for those first 34 cities.

Michele
Old 12-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, luckily the contracts are signed already, at least for those first 34 cities.

Michele
True! She's stuck hehe - But still, if he wants anything else to happen in future, rein it in LB (I really don't want him to )
Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
You know, I don't remember any talk about a new album or new songs a year ago when the boys wanted to do a 2012 tour. Wasn't it going to just be a cash-grab? Unleashed Two we were calling it. I thought Stevie deserved some credit for saying no to that. The extra year off gave LB some time to work on new music with Mick and John, and he had fun doing it, so maybe we should thank Stevie for that. But after Stevie and Lindsey spent 2012 doing the solo thing, there's no way they could do a new album without postponing this tour a bit longer. It's convenient to blame Stevie for the lack of new music
didn't Lindsey say in that RS how much they had to keep under wraps and how it is all coming out now all of the sudden once Stevie started talking about it? so if we didn't know about it, does that mean they were not talking about it?

and didn't SN say in one of the interviews over the last 2 days (or was it Mick in that audio interview?) that LB wanted to do an album and then a tour in 2012?

the extra year gave Lindsey a chance to:
  • put together 60 dates of his One Man Show tour lasting from May through November;
  • record 3 new songs for Judd Apatow soundtrack;
  • record these 8 new FM songs; and
  • release a newly recorded live album.

so you are right, for that we are extremely grateful to SN. hope she says no to some more FM or BN projects.

and yes, they can do a new album before the tour no problem, if they just decide to put an effort to it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Lindsey Buckingham reveals Fleetwood Mac new music

“I was writing a lot of stuff. I was thinking about Stevie when I was putting these together. Many of the songs I came up with were directed at Stevie. They were a dialog to her. Both those are very much that. ‘Sad Angel’ – I think of her in all her traumatic splendor as having quite a bit of sadness that she still deals with. At the moment that it was being written I really was thinking about the fact that she and I were not agreeing on the idea of an album. The chorus is ‘Hello, sad angel, have you come to fight the war?’ It goes on to talk about ‘the crowd’s calling out for more.’ It’s sort of a cyclical look at our lives, the competitiveness of it yet the underlying unity of it. Each of our journeys has never been not a little about the other. ‘Miss Fantasy’ is more of the same thing. It’s a look back on….it’s talking about having a dream, recalling certain events that occurred years and years ago. The chorus is talking about ‘Miss Fantasy, it may be that you don’t remember me, but I remember you.’ That’s addressing all that’s happened over the course of time. You remember the person you were and the person I was back then? Is there any way to find any of that? Do we want to? Is it important to? Those are songs about Stevie and me.”

Buckingham/Nicks

Doing the song “Stephanie” on your solo tour from the out-of-print 1973 “Buckingham/Nicks” album raised fans’ hopes that it’ll come out on CD someday. You also made a comment on the BBC about working with Stevie again. I assume that meant this tour but it was interpreted by some as you saying you might want to re-form Buckingham/Nicks.

“That’s not a misinterpretation. I would love to go out and do Buckingham/Nicks. It’s sort of ironic because when Stevie came over here and started working we just had a great time, the best time we have had in years. She did bring in one song that was supposed to be her contribution to the Fleetwood Mac thing. After we were done with it she decided she wanted to put it on the ‘Buckingham/Nicks’ album (laughs). So that’s fine too. I don’t care. It’s an old song from pre-Fleetwood Mac. It was written sometime after ‘Buckingham/Nicks’ came out but before we joined Fleetwood Mac. We were working on a second possible Buckingham/Nicks album that never happened. So yes. The issue with all of that is once again a logistics issue. I have no problem with dropping a bonus track or one from her and one from me and putting out ‘Buckingham/Nicks’ finally on CD. …she said ‘We could do some dates between legs of the Fleetwood Mac tour.’ I’m thinking ‘No, I don’t think so. I don’t think it’s logistically possible.’ We’ve got a little less than 40 dates on the books, we’ll probably add a few more…we’ll do Europe and probably go down and do the summer in Australia and New Zealand. When the hell are we going to get together and rehearse a Buckingham/Nicks show? So in my mind if she’s really serious what would be good to do is wait to put the (old) album out, or put it out and then do a new Buckingham/Nicks album. The tour would have to wait till after that. Whether or not that will happen….she’s very heartfelt about what she’s saying, but it isn’t always clear. I don’t know what to say about that. But yes, to be very direct in response to your question if it were up to me… I would love to go out and do that again. That would be so cyclical and so karmically appropriate. If you see Stevie just tell her I said that.”

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/...e-97e3d1cb867d
I think that is so romantic. . But seriously, I cannot WAIT to see what next year brings for FM and Buckingham Nicks.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and yes, they can do a new album before the tour no problem, if they just decide to put an effort to it.
Tour rehearsals start February 15. For some bands that is no problem, but Fleetwood Mac? Reality check.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tour rehearsals start February 15. For some bands that is no problem, but Fleetwood Mac? Reality check.
read a list again of all what LB did this year.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie is so prolific it really shouldn't be a big deal for her to pull out two songs to match Lindsey's and make a proper EP. She may have lyrics galore laying around, but I sincerely doubt she has actual songs. She needs help with the melodies I think and maybe that's why she's tanking an EP/album. If she has all this material laying around, wouldn't she want it to get recorded and out to the public?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wasn't trying to be attractive. And my commentary on the junk in her diaries has nothing to do with whether or not I'm compassionate to those who have lost parents.

Michele
I'm relieved to hear that it wasn't your attempt to be compassionate when suggesting Stevie use her "junk" about her mom's death because you sound like an fool at best and a rude fool at worst.

Last edited by mikephxaz; 12-05-2012 at 11:20 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exactly , that's the same impression that I got. The interviewer is a jerk, but he could at least pull off some different type of answers from them than anyone else has been able to do.

Quote:
I think we're reading too much into Stevie's comments which, as Michele said, are basically just off-the-cuff responses to an interviewer who clearly wants certain answers. He asks her about the 40-year anniversary of BN, and she says something to the effect that "Yeah it would be great to do something." Then he asks if she would reform the whole band, and she says "That would be a possibility." Then he goes to LB and tells him "Stevie says that the BN album should be re-released and that you should go on tour with Waddy and the gang." To me, it's much more the interviewer's idea than Stevie's, but now he's got LB wondering where Stevie's head is at. The interviewer is kind of like a little kid, playing mom and dad off one another to put ideas in their head.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
If Stevie is so prolific it really shouldn't be a big deal for her to pull out two songs to match Lindsey's and make a proper EP. She may have lyrics galore laying around, but I sincerely doubt she has actual songs. She needs help with the melodies I think and maybe that's why she's tanking an EP/album. If she has all this material laying around, wouldn't she want it to get recorded and out to the public?
Exactly! She has poems. Not songs. I swear that is why she is holding out. The only reason IYD got made is because Dave helped her turn her journaling into songs. And I don't think she wants to be that vulnerable with Lindsey.

I really don't think she writes songs at her piano anymore. I think she just writes poems.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 12-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know, I don't remember any talk about a new album or new songs a year ago when the boys wanted to do a 2012 tour. Wasn't it going to just be a cash-grab? Unleashed Two we were calling it. I thought Stevie deserved some credit for saying no to that. The extra year off gave LB some time to work on new music with Mick and John, and he had fun doing it, so maybe we should thank Stevie for that. But after Stevie and Lindsey spent 2012 doing the solo thing, there's no way they could do a new album without postponing this tour a bit longer. It's convenient to blame Stevie for the lack of new music, but when it comes down to it, I don't think the boys were willing to wait any longer to pad their bank accounts.
you're a wise man...
Stevie deciding to tour for a second year supporting IYD and also spending time writing "junk" about the loss of her mother..gave Lindsey time to tour local bars and taco stands...
Old 12-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake View Post
Exactly! She has poems. Not songs. I swear that is why she is holding out. The only reason IYD got made is because Dave helped her turn her journaling into songs. And I don't think she wants to be that vulnerable with Lindsey.

I really don't think she writes songs at her piano anymore. I think she just writes poems.
certainly that's how it looks.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephxaz View Post
you're a wise man...
Stevie deciding to tour for a second year supporting IYD and also spending time writing "junk" about the loss of her mother..gave Lindsey time to tour local bars and taco stands...
wow wow wow... everybody here is playing nice. why can't you?

she did 15 dates supporting IYD over one year.

Lindsey did 60 dates in sold-out theaters and clubs. and wrote and recorded 11 NEW songs. and recorded and released a live album.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephxaz View Post
you're a wise man...
Lindsey played a wide variety of venues. Some with thousands, some with hundreds but all of the shows were excellent and not phoned in. I feel privileged to have gone to 10 of those shows and thank Stevie for extra touring in support of her album. If she wants to keep pushing it, I'm all for it. Lindsey solo was an amazing experience and I can't wait to see it again.

While Stevie was out doing her sprinkling of shows, Lindsey was able to play 60 dates, record material with Mick and John, record three songs for a soundtrack, and put out a live solo album. For that, I do thank Stevie because it was a great year to be a Lindsey fan.