User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Because it was the only thing they had left to use besides some candid group shot with a news anchor in the middle. Half a$$ed garbage as usual.
I’m sure they’ve been busy doing stuff like learning songs and rehearsing for a tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-24-2018, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

try seeing video here:

https://www.facebook.com/morne.lerou...0752907941692/

notice whose name comes first?
Old 04-24-2018, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m sure they’ve been busy doing stuff like learning songs and rehearsing for a tour.
No disrespect when I say this, I can't swallow the cool aid anymore. They can do whatever they want but everyone knows it is what it is.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whose drinking Kool Aid (and, technically, it was Flavor Aid, if you even get where the reference comes from)?

I was mad last year when they didn’t just quietly give Stevie the boot for not participating. I was told it really didn’t matter who the album was credited to, and should just enjoy it. However, I saw the writing on the wall. Fleetwood Mac being anything but an oldies act dominated by someone who clearly has nothing new to say or offer the world went out the window then. As such, and very understandably, the creative force within the band very publicly started viewing it as just a gig, not that everyone else hadn’t also become complacent. Sorry nobody else saw it coming.

For me, the silver lining is that they got top shelf talent and the fact that they CAN’T be on autopilot this tour. That alone makes it compelling.

As for Lindsey, I’d rather see him in a setting where he can be engaged with the audience than doing something that is clearly forced. Fleetwood Mac was becoming forced for him.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-24-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As for Lindsey, I’d rather see him in a setting where he can be engaged with the audience than doing something that is clearly forced. Fleetwood Mac was becoming forced for him.
If it was forced, Lindsey would have left on his own terms.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Whose drinking Kool Aid (and, technically, it was Flavor Aid, if you even get where the reference comes from)?

I was mad last year when they didn’t just quietly give Stevie the boot for not participating. I was told it really didn’t matter who the album was credited to, and should just enjoy it. However, I saw the writing on the wall. Fleetwood Mac being anything but an oldies act dominated by someone who clearly has nothing new to say or offer the world went out the window then. As such, and very understandably, the creative force within the band very publicly started viewing it as just a gig, not that everyone else hadn’t also become complacent. Sorry nobody else saw it coming.

For me, the silver lining is that they got top shelf talent and the fact that they CAN’T be on autopilot this tour. That alone makes it compelling.

I think Lindsey wanted to stay in Fleetwood Mac and the main reason it felt like it was becoming forced was because not since SYW have they toured behind new music. He's one of those people who is too much of an *artist* to be able to actually enjoy doing one oldies/greatest hits tour after another. If you look at his interviews for years before the BuckVie album, you can see how often he talked about wanting to do a final FM album. I think he reaaaaaally wanted it and was very upset it didn't happen.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
If it was forced, Lindsey would have left on his own terms.
Not really. I think he would have continued if only because it would have been a big payday and there was light at the end of the tunnel as far as ever having to do it again.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-24-2018, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not really. I think he would have continued if only because it would have been a big payday and there was light at the end of the tunnel as far as ever having to do it again.
I disagree. I think he may have had his issues with Stevie, but he still truly loved being part of the band, of his road family.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will gladly eat my own words on this...while I agree that there is some amazing talent between Mike and Neil, having them shoehorned into this band does not guarantee anything new and exciting. In terms of touring, I think this group has perfected the art of auto pilot. I will believe it when I see it, but I'm extremely hesitant to think we will get anything but the 2014-2015 tour rebooted with some awkward substitutions.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I disagree. I think he may have had his issues with Stevie, but he still truly loved being part of the band, of his road family.
No doubt on some level, but I think he wanted it to be a full working band. When it was absolutely clear that was never going to be the case, his enthusiasm for it went out the window. And, I would be disappointed in him if that wasn’t the case.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-24-2018, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No doubt on some level, but I think he wanted it to be a full working band. When it was absolutely clear that was never going to be the case, his enthusiasm for it went out the window. And, I would be disappointed in him if that wasn’t the case.
It has been in the back of my mind now for several years, just how many of these rehash tours is he going to be ok with doing. I always thought he would draw the line somewhere (again) The classic west/east shows may have been a realization for him.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Boycott this embarrassment of a cash grab tour!
Old 04-24-2018, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Boycott this embarrassment of a cash grab tour!
No.

Neil Finn and Mike Campbell playing together, regardless of what the band is called, would be something I’d have to check out. That they’re playing with a couple of McVies in a band I’ve loved for over thirty years makes this a no-brainer. You really expect me to not see John McVie and Mike Campbell on the same stage?

Look, sorry Lindsey not being in Fleetwood Mac anymore is this hard for you. I was there when Billy Burnette, Bekka Bramlett, and Dave Mason were fronting the band, and I still really enjoyed it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-24-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

perhaps not surprising that the first show announced is in Phoenix, Stevie's home town. Testing the friendly waters first.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No.

I was there when Billy Burnette, Bekka Bramlett, and Dave Mason were fronting the band, and I still really enjoyed it.
You certainly earned your stripes if you could
enjoy that.

If I had been considering going to see the Mac (with Lindsey),
I'm surely not going to now.

Maybe I'm ageist, but they are all just too old for me to care.