Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Actually from a technical point of view Lindsey's singing is the worst of the three singers. He's never learned technical singing and often resorted to shouting since back in the day, and this is something that damaged and surely still is continuing to damage his voice greatly.
Of course this doesn't mean that he can't sing, you can produce very amazing sounds even without knowing how to sing technically, I'm thinking for example about Lana del Rey (at least when she first started), but of course to great detriment.
My point was not Lindsey is a fantastic singer but that his singing voice has held up. The author seemed to imply that Lindsey's singing is not what it used to be. Huh? Stevie lost her rasp and range and is flat. Christine loses her voice mid song and has a frog in her throat at times. Lindsey is consistent. If you play a concert of his last year his voice is almost identical as 1982. The others cannot say that which is why I thought it was odd the writer of the article brought it up.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:00 AM
Registered

And that bit about Lindsey's "extended bouts of self-indulgence?" WTFH? The only song arguably that Lindsey has too long a guitar solo is I'm So Afraid--and some would argue it is necessary for that particular song. Everything else is pitched and timed exactly right. Lindsey is special precisely because he almost never indulges in a pointless guitar solo when the song does not demand it. Name ANY song on the White Album, Rumours, Mirage, or Tango in which Lindsey goes on an musically unnecessary "bout of self-indulgence." One could in fact argue that some of the songs on those albums would benefit from a little more self-indulgent guitar work to enliven them.

It is clear that the writer of that piece is an ignoramus who knows nothing about Lindsey's or Fleetwood Mac's work.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Loling at peeps dropping in here with the same ole - “we know nothing “ bs and then lecturing everyone else.

Like i said elsewhere - lather, rinse, repeat.
They only know if they defend the goat. The goat would never do that!!!
Old 04-25-2018, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was thinking how nobody can replace Lindsey and really, no one can....but I was thinking the only person I can think of who could make Mac breathe again besides Lindsey would be....go ahead and laugh but I'm serious...Peter Frampton. He can play, sing, can write and he's about the same age.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:40 AM
Ledgie

Interesting take. Thanks for sharing the article.

While I would have been perfectly happy with a cash-grab tour featuring the Rumours 5, I am intrigued by a [cash-grab] tour with the new line-up. I love Mike Campbell.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
My point was not Lindsey is a fantastic singer but that his singing voice has held up. The author seemed to imply that Lindsey's singing is not what it used to be. Huh? Stevie lost her rasp and range and is flat. Christine loses her voice mid song and has a frog in her throat at times. Lindsey is consistent. If you play a concert of his last year his voice is almost identical as 1982. The others cannot say that which is why I thought it was odd the writer of the article brought it up.
I understand, but it depends on what you mean with "has held up". His voice has been damaged very much, maybe you notice it less because live he's always used an unhealthy technique but with time he's become noticeably hoarser and had to resort increasingly to shouting as well as started having less endurance (even if he at times counterbalanced it with the use of backing singers and prerecorded vocals).
What maybe has held up is his timbre, but that has more to do with his health conditions and his gender I fear, men don't go through the same hormonal changes that women do in their maturity.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Maybe they're trying to make the best of a really difficult, impossible situation.
It would have been an impossible situation if he left the band. THEY made this situation what it is. They fired him.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 04-25-2018, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
are they legally allowed to use his image?

They sure are capitalizing on making you think it's the same group.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

These people are horrible at social media. They’re just dumb.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Well I’m going to be going to Twitter and replying to all the excited fans on Micks Twitter page that this is not the real Fleetwood Mac.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You could remove Stevie Nicks and add Pat Benatar and Fleetwood Mac would be more interesting.

Pat Benatar. Ew. No.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac Drags Lindsey Buckingham After Ousting in Unfiltered Interview

Fleetwood Mac Drags Lindsey Buckingham After Ousting in Unfiltered Interview
By Viral Global News - April 25, 201806

Lindsey Buckingham

Fleetwood Mac seems pretty unbothered about letting Lindsey Buckingham go his own way.

Earlier this month, the band announced it would tour without the veteran guitarist and part-vocalist and replace him with Mike Campbell of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Neil Finn of Crowded House. Rolling Stone reported at the time that Fleetwood Mac had let Buckingham go after a disagreement over the tour.

“Words like ‘fired’ are ugly references as far as I’m concerned,” drummer and co-founder Mick Fleetwood told the magazine in comments posted on Wednesday, the band’s first remarks about Buckingham since their shocking announcement. “Not to hedge around, but we arrived at the impasse of hitting a brick wall. This was not a happy situation for us in terms of the logistics of a functioning band. To that purpose, we made a decision that we could not go on with him. Majority rules in term of what we need to do as a band and go forward.”

Fleetwood also called Buckingham’s ousting business as usual, the outlet said.

Buckingham did not respond to Rolling Stone‘s multiple requests for comment.

Mick Fleetwood

Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images

Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks

Kevin Winter/Getty Images

Buckingham joined Fleetwood Mac with then-girlfriend and singer-songwriter Stevie Nicks in 1974. He left the group in 1987 and rejoined the band a decade later.

“Our relationship has always been volatile,” she told Rolling Stone about the musician. “We were never married, but we might as well have been. Some couples get divorced after 40 years. They break their kids’ hearts and destroy everyone around them because it’s just hard. This is sad for me, but I want the next 10 years of my life to be really fun and happy. I want to get up every day and dance around my apartment and smile and say, ‘Thank God for this amazing life.'”

She told Rolling Stone that their upcoming tour will feature songs from the entire history of Fleetwood Mac, not just the original Buckingham-Nicks run from 1975 to 1987.

“We were never able to do that since 1975 because certain people in the band weren’t interested in doing that,” she said.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2018, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Fleetwood Mac Drags Lindsey Buckingham After Ousting in Unfiltered Interview
By Viral Global News - April 25, 201806
forgot to post the link to the article - http://viralglobalnews.org/fleetwood...red-interview/

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2018, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They must really think their fans are dumb as hell if they expect them to believe that LINDSEY OF ALL PEOPLE wanted them to keep playing the same greatest hits lineup.