User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
The Buckingham McVie album is sounding very much like a Buckingham solo album with Christine guesting on some tracks. However, I very much like Lindsey's recent solo albums in particular, so for me this is a good thing.

Though, if this is what Lindsey wanted to do, then I could imagine how Stevie wouldn't want to be involved. I don't think she wants her songs done Lindsey solo-album style.

Playing 'In the Meantime' now. I'll play 'Seeds We Sow' next.

This release won't be any different than any other Fleetwood Mac album with Buckingham/McVie. Some songs will share more prominent duo vocals and some won't. Let's remember the albums title only reflects no Stevie. It's a MAC album.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmm...not a fan so far. I agree with the person who said that they have liked each track successively less. Perhaps it will grow on me, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:58 AM
Ledgie

Angry

Stevie has robbed us of a real Mac masterpiece album.

People are saying the songs would be better with Stevie as if it was their choice to keep her off. It was her choice not Lindsey's or Christine's.

This would have been a great FM album with her.

Very dissapointed.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say You Will View Post

People are saying the songs would be better with Stevie as if it was their choice to keep her off. It was her choice not Lindsey's or Christine's.

Very dissapointed.
Whether she bailed on the album after hearing some of the songs or her usual aversion to working with Lindsey in the studio it is one of the better career decisions that she had made IMO. Judging by what has been released at this point it would have been the worst album by the Rumours five .

Old 05-12-2017, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Very dissapointed.
Don't agree at all. Trying to imagine her singing on these songs, I can't see anything sounding much different. The music and lyrics would be the same.

I wonder if Stevie heard any of these songs/demos back when they were first working on them?

Jamie
Old 05-12-2017, 09:46 AM
Ledgie

[QUOTE=BombaySapphire3;1209442]Whether she bailed on the album after hearing some of the songs or her usual aversion to working with Lindsey in the studio it is one of the better career decisions that she had made IMO.

I respect your opinion. Just an old Geezer weighing in.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like the song a lot because,for the most part, I like Lindsey's songs. Like In My World, Christine is nowhere to be found which is disappointing. However, just because she's not singing on it doesn't mean her influence is not there. I never heard the original version of this song so I can't compare the two and judge how much of a Christine effect there is, if any. It would have been really nice, thought, to hear Christine's voice somewhere in this song.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 05-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Whether she bailed on the album after hearing some of the songs or her usual aversion to working with Lindsey in the studio it is one of the better career decisions that she had made IMO. Judging by what has been released at this point it would have been the worst album by the Rumours five .

Yes. I have to agree on this. I'm still holding out hope that there will be some better songs on this album though. We'll see.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Isn't that Christine doing the weird wo-wo-wo's in the background about three times? It doesn't really sound like her, but it does sound like a woman. And I do hear some very minimalist keyboard playing here and there. So I think she's in there, just not very prominent, which is frustrating.

I like "Feel About You" the best so far but I am primarily a Christine fan, and I'm just delighted to hear her singing on a new song. The other two songs, as people are saying, are sounding mainly like Lindsey solo songs. I like both of them, they're good solid upbeat pop, but I was hoping for more Christine. Let's hope she's more prominent on the rest of the album.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Once again, I cannot hear Christine, unless that is her way back in the background vocal mix.
I was really hoping to hear them harmonizing, as their voices sound great together.
It's really just an underwhelming song, to be honest.
None of the first 3 songs have me really that excited.
Certainly none of them have any hints of a duets type album.
It's a shame none of the first 3 songs prominently showcased their vocals blending together, and some splashy keyboards from Christine with some fabulous guitar from Lindsey.
It's great they are out there making new music, but I just don't think these are very good songs tbh.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Uh-oh. Get ready for a smack down.

I actually agree and also don't mind either.

Anyway, I wish someone could explain what it means to be sleeping around the corner...? What is that?

I'm just doing yoga in the next room.
I'm just washing in the shower.
I'm just driving in the car.
I'm just shopping in the mall.

What is the significance?

Also what is the meaning of corner? Like, in the room around the corner or in the house around the corner?

Maybe it's about Stevie!
I agree is a Buckingham solo album with Christine as a guest and I also don't mind.

I love all three songs and the best part is that Stevie is not there! Very smart woman!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:31 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I Let's hope she's more prominent on the rest of the album.
Hopefully releasing these songs first so we can look forward to the ones we haven't heard (with her on them).
Old 05-12-2017, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Very dissapointed.

We don't know that and we will never know it because she didn't want to be part of it. I love these three songs and I don't care if Stevie is there or not.

It seems she's so smart she knew this was gonna fail, as if we already know as a fact the album is gonna fail just because there's a bunch of Stevie's fans who are waiting for the album to do just that.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 05-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We don't know that and we will never know it because she didn't want to be part of it. I love these three songs and I don't care if Stevie is there or not.

It seems she's so smart she knew this was gonna fail, as if we already know as a fact the album is gonna fail just because there's a bunch of Stevie's fans who are waiting for the album to do just that.
Stevie fans that are hoping or waiting for this project to fail are being silly.
She didn't take part in this project and it was hailed as a duets type project between Chris and Lindsey.
The whole "my dad is better than your dad" mentality is really childish.
If some are not liking the songs because Stevie isn't in the mix, I don't get it.
I personally do not like the new music because I expected more of a collaboration between Chris and Lindsey.
It was being teased as a duets type project, and so far, it doesn't seem to be that.
And I also simply think the songs are pretty weak.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Stevie fans that are hoping or waiting for this project to fail are being silly.
She didn't take part in this project and it was hailed as a duets type project between Chris and Lindsey.
The whole "my dad is better than your dad" mentality is really childish.
If some are not liking the songs because Stevie isn't in the mix, I don't get it.
I personally do not like the new music because I expected more of a collaboration between Chris and Lindsey.
It was being teased as a duets type project, and so far, it doesn't seem to be that.
And I also simply think the songs are pretty weak.
It could be childish but I'm reading it a lot in this board.
I also was hoping for a closer collaboration between Lindsey and Christine and I hope the rest of the songs give us that, but so far I'm not complaining. This is better than nothing. I adored TITN and Mirage and this album looks to be that way. We have the same four musicians so I don't know how can this be weak.