Edge of Seventeen
https://youtu.be/45qORtQ4nw8
https://youtu.be/HrjnHXY8nxs

Landslide
https://youtu.be/zuMqEuXZZks
https://youtu.be/NkiydK5PM0w
https://youtu.be/0Kkb0NOiFGA

----------> I'm going to add new videos to this post so keep checking it out

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 04-08-2017 at 05:42 AM..
Old 04-01-2017, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great review. I was 6 rows back on the floor in section 2 and I didn't even notice Chrissy breaking a guitar string. LOL I agree with everything you said.

I brought some friends with me and they aren't as big of fans as I am and a few liked the talking but most didn't. She needs to shorten up the stories a bit. She said she was nervous because of the filming, but once that settled down she did a great show.

I also agree about Edge of Seventeen. My niece was looking forward to that song and she didn't mention the verse cut, but I noticed it and I think it's a sin. LOL

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 04-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah I was 7th row floor 1 and and a guy over from me was pissed he yelled shut the f up and sing. He was a jerk! The 4 people next to me left they had it with the talking. I like hearing the stories but she really needs to shorten it up, it totally interrupted the flow of the show. I thought she sounded fantastic though!
Old 04-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Nick's films Pittsburgh show

http://www.timesonline.com/entertain...58104d164.html

Entertainment
Events Local Entertainment Movies Music TV
NEXT UP

Q&A with Steve Moakler, and how Pittsburgh put him on the path to country stardom
Steve Moakler is on a hot streak. The Bethel Park grad re…

Stevie Nicks films Pittsburgh show
By Scott Tady stady@timesonline.com Apr 1, 2017 Updated 4 hrs ago 0
Stevie Nicks
Robb Cohen/Invision
Stevie Nicks performs Nov. 6 at Philips Arena in Atlanta.
PITTSBURGH -- Don't worry about those camera drones swooshing over your heads, Stevie Nicks told Pittsburgh fans Friday, explaining for the second time on her tour, she had decided to film her performance.

Throughout her 20-song set, and a repeated post-show bonus tune, Nicks paid attention to those crane-attached cameras, thinking ahead to whatever future TV special or DVD that might result from her PPG Paints Arena performance.

Nicks told stories about nearly every one of those 20 songs, in many cases both before and after singing them. More than a few of those stories dragged on too long, hampering the momentum and flow of her show.

When the film crew edits the footage, they'll notice many fans stayed seated for sizable stretches of time. Even given the late-Gen X-to-baby boomer-prominent audience, that's pretty rare for an arena rock concert.

The footage also will prove that Nicks still has an amazing voice and an unassailable bond with her fans, who stood to dance for her biggest hits, including the satisfying set-ending (well, sort of) run through “Gold Dust Woman,” “Rhiannon” and “Landslide” from her Fleetwood Mac days, and “Edge of Seventeen” from her successful solo career.

Nicks doesn't need Fleetwood Mac anymore. She drew a crowd of 14,500, a veritable sellout for the arena's closed-end stage setup.

“This is not the same Stevie Nicks you've seen a million times,” she told them, unearthing from the vault interesting solo selections, such as "Belle Fleur," "Bella Donna" and "Enchanted."

But you couldn't blame anyone too much for missing, at least a little bit, her Fleetwood Mac bandmates, and the joy that comes with watching Mick Fleetwood, and his wild facial gestures, trying to bash his drums to smithereens, and Lindsey Buckingham dazzling with his finger-picking as one of rock's most underrated guitarists.

Sure, Nicks picked a pretty good lead guitarist for this tour, her old buddy and solo career colleague Waddy Wachtel, who has shined with everyone from Warren Zevon to Keith Richards to Linda Ronstadt.

Wachtel got to cut loose and shred on “Gold Dust Woman” and helped with vocals on “Stop Draggin' My Heart Around,” which also featured Nicks singing with fellow rock goddess Chrissie Hynde, whose band, the Pretenders, delivered an excellent warmup set.

Nicks explained how Tom Petty basically gave her “Stop Draggin' My Heart Around” and agreed to duet on what became a huge hit on Nicks' first solo album.

Another solo hit, “Stand Back,” stood out Friday for its flashy keyboard intro, pounding drums and cool behind-the-scenes story of how Nicks began writing it immediately as she heard on the radio for the first time Prince's “Little Red Corvette.” Her melody was sort of an answer to Prince's, Nicks said, challenging fans to pick out the similarities next time they hear “Stand Back.”

Nicks' numerous stories Friday whisked the audience from a recording session in a French castle, to her Santa Monica home overlooking the sea. She talked about hanging with Petty and Prince, and having an assistant, and graduating to limousines (after years in a beat-up Toyota that couldn't travel in reverse gear.) For one segment, Nicks wore on stage the same fringe silk chiffon cape she wore in 1982, which she said originally cost $2,000.

Such is a lifestyle all but a small percentage of people can only dream of, though her female fans still relate to Nicks. Maybe it's vicariously, maybe it's simple appreciation for her days as a strong female rock icon from an era that didn't have nearly enough of them.

Whatever the reason, the Pittsburgh faithful listened patiently as Nicks sang “New Orleans” about the post-Katrina resoluteness of the Crescent City, then her “Twilight” movie-inspired “Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)." Those fans realized that soon enough they'd get the chance to stand, sing and dance to “Gold Dust Woman,” with all its alluring imagery, menacing bass, drums and guitar, and Nicks' one-of-a-kind sultry rasp.

“Gypsy,” five songs in, earned the first of a few patented Nicks twirls with outstretched arms. Some fans wore frilly, fringe-y capes and gypsy jewelry like Nicks, whose four or so costume changes included a golden shawl and a white fur-ish coat.

As the show reached its end, Nicks thanked the audience for its support and letting her perform deep cuts, like "Wild Heart" and the Buckingham Nicks number “Crying in the Night,” both of which made their live debuts on this tour.

“It's been like starting over for me,” Nicks said, encouraging the audience to follow its dreams, noting hers are still coming true at the age of 68.

Another long story preceded the fan favorite "Landslide," which has been the recent show-closer.

As fans had been advised before Nicks first took the stage a few hours earlier, she came back out and sang "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" for a second time, as cameras zoomed in to capture more video footage. By then, maybe one-third of the crowd already began heading toward the exits.

So let's salute her career and the fans who gave her the chance to do the tour she's long wanted to do, as we all hope her next visit is back with Fleetwood Mac.

And bring back Hynde and the Pretenders for a headlining show, maybe at Heinz Hall or Stage AE. Their wonderful 45-minute set flew by too quickly, spearheaded by hits "Back on the Chain Gang," "Don't Get Me Wrong," "My City Was Gone," "Middle of the Road" and "Brass in Pocket" and their Kinks cover "Stop Your Sobbing." Hynde's voice sounded strong as ever, and the band, with founding drummer Martin Chambers and terrific guitarist James Walbourne, played their familiar catalog with an ideal mix of faithfulness to the original recordings with a few dashes of fresh interpretation.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:54 PM

This is actually very exciting!
Old 04-01-2017, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Yeah I was 7th row floor 1 and and a guy over from me was pissed he yelled shut the f up and sing. He was a jerk! The 4 people next to me left they had it with the talking. I like hearing the stories but she really needs to shorten it up, it totally interrupted the flow of the show. I thought she sounded fantastic though!
yup...everything in moderation.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exciting stuff, and I am so happy they recorded Chrissie singing Stop Dragging My Heart with Stevie- I was worried she wouldn't.

Last edited by bwboy; 04-01-2017 at 02:38 PM..
Old 04-01-2017, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is awesome

Last edited by TheWildHeart67; 04-01-2017 at 03:44 PM..
Old 04-02-2017, 06:11 AM

Concert review: Stevie Nicks, Pretenders set the gold standard in Pittsburgh

Wasn't Stevie Nicks one of the quiet ones in Fleetwood Mac?

She isn't now. All that stage banter saved up over the decades is spilling out on the 24 Karat Gold Tour, where she talks for 24 minutes between songs.

Ok, not really. I kid the diva (at my own peril!). It’s more like four minutes, and despite her bewitching image, she's not a diva at all, in the negative sense. We hesitate to apply the term “down to earth” to Stevie Nicks, because she seems to be hovering above it, but she's actually very sweet (I spoke with her on the phone years ago and she’s the kind of person who asks YOU questions about yourself).

This tour, which began in October and hit the PPG Paints Arena Friday on its second leg, is very much about her and how she came to be a star in and out of Fleetwood Mac. It's a “storytellers” tour without using that word, and on Friday night it was being filmed for posterity, giving it the feel of a live documentary in the making.

The odd thing about that is that usually people do the storyteller thing in an intimate theater setting, not a packed arena, here on a Girls’ Night Out Friday.

For starters, she brought along an old friend in Chrissie Hynde, the tough rocker from Akron, Ohio, fronting the latest version of the Pretenders, a band that emerged in the punk era of the late ‘70s as a counter-punch to the FM-friendly likes of Fleetwood Mac.

Clearly, the two Rock and Roll Hall of Famers love each other now, and Hynde even said “I love you, Stevie” after dedicating a beautiful version of the feminist ballad “Hymn to Her” to the headliner, along with all the rest of the songs in the set. The musical bond would jell even more later.

This concert was well placed on the calendar because over the last week Hynde has been canceling shows with a respiratory ailment, but in Pittsburgh (which she praised as a city that’s held on to its past) she seemed to be feeling no ill effects. The 65-year-old’s voice is still a wonder to behold — rich, sexy, forceful — and she cut a sharp figure in tight pants, boots and a sleeveless Recycled Records T-shirt. For this occasion, she settled on the nicer, mid-tempo Pretenders songs like “Back on the Chain Gang,” “Talk of the Town” and “Message of Love,” rather than such punk ragers as “Precious” and “The Wait.”

She actually seemed to care if Stevie’s fans liked her, and most did, but far too many were flooding in the aisles, just getting to their seats or getting up for beers, and with no real urgency.

Backed by one original Pretender in drummer Martin Chambers (Brits Pete Farndon and James Honeyman-Scott tragically died young) they added a pair of songs from new album “Alone” (including the bluesy, fuzzed-out title track) and finished with a solid run of “Stop Your Sobbing,” “My City Was Gone,” “Middle of the Road” and a typically sassy “Brass in Pocket.” Along the way, James Walbourne, of Pernice Brothers and Son Volt fame, provided the best guitar heroics of the whole night.

Stevie did not follow that by strutting out with one of her radio warhorses. She arrived in black lacy dress, cape and fingerless gloves, offset by her golden hair, on a gorgeously illuminated stage with deep cut “Gold and Braid,” setting the tone for a concert culled from what she described as the “dark Gothic trunk of lost songs.”

After following that with ‘80s synth-rocker “If Anyone Falls,” she said, “This is not the same Stevie Nicks show you’ve seen a million times, because I’m not the same Stevie Nicks you've seen a million times.”

In the good ways she is, though, because she is remarkably well preserved at 68, including that beguiling voice that can be at once lovely and dissonant.

The storyline centered on balancing her solo career with her day job in Fleetwood Mac. Being one of three singer-songwriters in that superstar band (with former flame Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie), there was, and is, the Beatles-like dilemma of getting your songs on the album.

When she decided in late 1980 to go solo with “Bella Donna,” “I wasn’t going to be like Beyoncé and break up my band,” she said, wisely appending that statement with praise and respect for the Queen. “I got Fleetwood Mac in a room and said, ‘Fleetwood Mac, I want to do a solo album, but it won't hurt us at all. It will only keep us in the spotlight while you're on vacation.’ ”

Providing some of the spark for that was Tom Petty handing her the smash single “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around,” a contender for best rock duet of all time, and on the PPG stage, her sidekick guitarist Waddy Wachtel had to be pinching himself to be in a threesome with Stevie and Chrissie, singing, “I know you BOTH wanna be your own girl.” It was one of those thrilling concert moments you can talk about for years, punctuated with a high-five photo op at the end.

Nicks continued with trunk songs from 2014’s “24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault,” like the bright Petty-and-the-Heartbreakers-assisted rocker “Starshine” and the seductive “Belle Fleur,” interspersed with hits like “Gypsy,” ending with one of her signature spins that drive fans wild.

With each song came a long story, about recording with Fleetwood Mac in an old French castle with no ice, or calling Prince for help on “Stand Back,” a song inspired by hearing “Little Red Corvette.” It took an hour to get his number and, because he was in LA not Minneapolis, it took less than that for His Purple Majesty to show up at the studio and add keys and guitar to the future hit.

She climaxed the 2 1/2-hour set with an enchanting “Gold Dust Woman,” complete with a frantic dance in the full-moon backdrop, and an electrifying “Edge of Seventeen,” with the guitars rumbling like propellers and Nicks spreading her vintage black cape like a nightbird.

She encored with the double Mac pleasure of a “Rhiannon” that rocked and a “Landslide” that displayed her tender touch with a ballad. For the purposes of the film, they returned to recut “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around” with just Stevie and Waddy.

The 24 Karat format, and her occasional exits from the stage, surely interrupted the flow of the music (and there are bound to be complaints), but Stevie Nicks is still the gold standard, and her faithful fans got to know her a little better on Friday night.

In the end, she thanked them profusely for sitting through the stories and trunk songs, like the diva she is not.

STEVIE NICKS SET LIST

Gold and Braid

If Anyone Falls

Stop Draggin' My Heart Around

Belle Fleur

Gypsy

Wild Heart

Bella Donna

Enchanted

New Orleans

Starshine

Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)

Stand Back

Crying in the Night

If You Were My Love

Gold Dust Woman

Edge of Seventeen

Encore:

Rhiannon

Landslide

Stop Draggin' My Heart Around

PRETENDERS SET LIST

Alone

Gotta Wait

Message of Love

Talk of the Town

Hymn to Her

Back on the Chain Gang

Don't Get Me Wrong

Stop Your Sobbing (The Kinks cover)

My City Was Gone

Middle of the Road

Brass in Pocket

More pictures here: http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/music...s/201704010120
Old 04-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Final thoughts.
I think this is the best Stevie solo tour since Enchanted. Her heart is really into this tour and the set list is very good. If you are on the fence about going, I would highly suggest you go.
Interesting that the Pittsburgh show sold out. That may be a first for her. She almost sold out in 1986 and 1989. I have heard some of the song stories many times. But the newer songs I was not overly familiar with the stories so I enjoyed them. My sister is a very casual fan but she enjoyed them too.
I personally think Prince was a jerk for the way he treated people and I am over Stevie's Prince stories. But it was touching when she said that she was someone that many were concerned enough to watch over her for being so out of control. She said he cared enough to watch over her.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Final thoughts.
I think this is the best Stevie solo tour since Enchanted. Her heart is really into this tour and the set list is very good. If you are on the fence about going, I would highly suggest you go.
Interesting that the Pittsburgh show sold out. That may be a first for her. She almost sold out in 1986 and 1989. I have heard some of the song stories many times. But the newer songs I was not overly familiar with the stories so I enjoyed them. My sister is a very casual fan but she enjoyed them too.
I personally think Prince was a jerk for the way he treated people and I am over Stevie's Prince stories. But it was touching when she said that she was someone that many were concerned enough to watch over her for being so out of control. She said he cared enough to watch over her.
I remember reading in an interview with actress Zooey Deschanel that for the episode of New Girl in which Prince guest starred and did her a make-over he actually wanted her to look like Stevie and personally choosed her outfit. I think he truly cared for Stevie after all.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:51 PM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:58 PM

Stevie Nicks – PPG Paints Arena – 3/31/17

More pictures here: http://www.ironcityrocks.com/stevie-...s-arena-33117/
Old 04-02-2017, 09:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you Stevie for filming this!!!!!!! I was unable to go to any shows from this tour. It will be nice to have it professionally filmed.

Last edited by pryderi; 04-02-2017 at 09:31 PM..
Old 04-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is great news! Hopefully it means a dvd/bluray and hopefully that means a signing for it! Those are always fun. She has plenty of time after these last 2 shows to edit and produce it. Crossing my fingers!

Jamie
Old 04-03-2017, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Something just made sense to me. The shortened Pretenders set probably has nothing to do that Crissy was sick before. Its to make more time for Stevie's recording. In Pittsburgh the Pretenders only did a 50 min set. Stevie came out after the encores to do SDMHA one more time. I wonder if when the recording is over if the Pretenders will go back to a 15 song set list.