User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Nope, not making any rules, just expressing relief that it sounded like we might start talking about something new around here.
Now don’t upset the gang of two....
Actually I’m with you, let’s move on..
Old 02-06-2019, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I presented Stevie's side of the argument and you presumed I agree with her side. I do not. BUT, Buckingham McVie IS a Fleetwood Mac album. New music happened and it happened without Stevie. A tour behind the 2017 Fleetwood Mac album also happened.
So, why was Lindsey not satisfied with the 2014-2015 tour and the 2017 tour being the Fleetwood Mac crowning achievement and farewell?
I think some of his sense of lack of closure boils down to his relationship with Stevie rather than his relationship with Fleetwood Mac per se. Many times in recent years (ever since The Dance, really), he's talked about his (musical and personal) relationship with her being a work in progress, and has said over and over that the two of them haven't written the final pages in that book—two young people who forged ahead together with musical dreams, and so on.

This abrupt separation from the band puts the close on any such hopes he had to satisfactorily complete his story vis-à-vis Stevie. I think at least some of his pain is right there. Thoughts?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Oh now, Susie Q, don't be like that.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Someone forgot to take her medication today....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh now, Susie Q, don't be like that.
Hahaha.....😃😃😃😃
That’s better a bit of light relief..
Old 02-06-2019, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=button-lip;1248320]Someone forgot to take her medication today....[/QUOte

Hahaha and...
No, I’ve got a very nice single malt, to sip whilst watching Endeavour.
(Morse when he was young)
Old 02-06-2019, 05:02 PM
sue
This message has been deleted by sue.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, just as you were responding to CBens post, I was responding to Mitzo's. Sometimes I do wonder if some of the folks around here who are so emotionally invested in this are just very young and haven't logged quite enough life experience yet to figure out what's a real priority. (Not saying you belong to that group, just a theory I considered about some of the reactions) Having dealt with a fair amount of tragedy in life, the line up changes of any band (particularly one with what, 19 different comings and goings now?) don't register as worth getting excited about to me. I've found things to like through all of it and I expect I will continue to do so. Have a good rest of your day BL.
FeatherBlade, I recognize that this hasn't thrown you in the least, but it is very UN-sympathetic of you to try and distill your feelings onto everyone else. I will feel the way I do, and if what happened really bothers me.......you are the last person with any right to tell me that I am immature, or that I should be feeling a certain way.

I will respect that you aren't bothered by the past year, please respect that I was, and still am, extremely bothered that the most important band in my entire 55 year life (see...not young), is not the same. A band that was the backdrop to my life, my marriage, my children's lives, my extended family's lives and everything in between for me. I will never hear those 5 again, and that makes me sad. So get over your need to tell people how they are suppose to feel, and go somewhere that you don't have to be bothered by us. Or stick around, and have some patience and empathy.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think some of his sense of lack of closure boils down to his relationship with Stevie rather than his relationship with Fleetwood Mac per se. Many times in recent years (ever since The Dance, really), he's talked about his (musical and personal) relationship with her being a work in progress, and has said over and over that the two of them haven't written the final pages in that book—two young people who forged ahead together with musical dreams, and so on.

This abrupt separation from the band puts the close on any such hopes he had to satisfactorily complete his story vis-à-vis Stevie. I think at least some of his pain is right there. Thoughts?
Oh, I think a lot of his pain is right there, but he won't say it. He had tried for years to establish a somewhat healthy relationship with her, and after her mother died they got much closer. He probably thought it was the right time to ask for a new album, but Christine came back and in Stevie's mind that meant the end for her and Lindsey's close relationship, because of the obvious musical partnership between Lindsey and Christine.

This display of bitterness on Stevie's side towards him and his whole family (chidren, wife, brother, sister in law, nieces) did not sit well with him, I imagine. They have known each other for more than 50 years. I think he needs this sense of closure with her more than with Fleetwood Mac.

Just my 0.02
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-06-2019, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

now you're starting to sound like a shipper all of the sudden.

i do think he cares and does want a nice peaceful closure with her. before everything is said and done and is probably unhappy they cannot reach a peace after everything they've been through together for so many years, good and bad. and she certainly can never stop talking about him with this joke probably being pretty close to reality -

but i think it's way larger than that - Fleetwood Mac was his life's work. his big project. and his family. people with whom he's been through so many ups and downs for decades. he was saying over and over on BuckVie tour how FM is family and how Christine came back where she belongs, that she was always family. he was so proud of Fleetwood Mac. it was home. when i first heard that he is out of the band, after hearing him talking about it so much on BuckVie tour in 2017, i knew immediately it cannot be his voluntary decision.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 02-06-2019 at 06:42 PM..
Old 02-07-2019, 04:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, just as you were responding to CBens post, I was responding to Mitzo's. Sometimes I do wonder if some of the folks around here who are so emotionally invested in this are just very young and haven't logged quite enough life experience yet to figure out what's a real priority. (Not saying you belong to that group, just a theory I considered about some of the reactions) Having dealt with a fair amount of tragedy in life, the line up changes of any band (particularly one with what, 19 different comings and goings now?) don't register as worth getting excited about to me. I've found things to like through all of it and I expect I will continue to do so. Have a good rest of your day BL.
Well said. Stop whingeing and enjoy the band. Or do not enjoy them. Follow Eagles instead, or B-52s. Oh wait. They've also had line up changes over the years. Maybe you could get into P!nk or Adele.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Well said. Stop whingeing and enjoy the band. Or do not enjoy them. Follow Eagles instead, or B-52s. Oh wait. They've also had line up changes over the years. Maybe you could get into P!nk or Adele.
Or maybe YOU can go to enjoy your cover band full of a$$holes in the Present Band forum. This is the Rumours forum, so.... go, go, go!!!
Old 02-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Or maybe YOU can go to enjoy your cover band full of a$$holes in the Present Band forum. This is the Rumours forum, so.... go, go, go!!!
Ha, I usually forget that there IS a Present Band forum.

You know, since I have ZERO interest in a cover band full of a$$holes.

(I really don't)
Old 02-07-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Ha, I usually forget that there IS a Present Band forum.

You know, since I have ZERO interest in a cover band full of a$$holes.

(I really don't)
Christine McVie is not an a -hole. She's a beautiful elegant swan.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine McVie is not an a -hole. She's a beautiful elegant swan.
She should have saved her friend. Or at least tried.

I KNOW she could have saved the day.

"He's gone? I QUIT." I guarantee you that that would have solved the problem.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"He's gone? I QUIT." I guarantee you that that would have solved the problem.
It would have been the right thing to do regardless.