Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine Perfect album

Awhile back, it was mentioned that the Christine Perfect album was going to be re-issued on CD (I think someone speculated around August or September?). Has anyone heard anymore information on this? I'm actually more interested in getting this than I am her new solo album.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never heard anything about August or September. According to Mike Vernon, it should be sometime by the end of this year.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:14 PM

With Bonus Tracks!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine Perfect 180g Audiophile LP

On my regular online hunt for a Blue Horizon Christine Perfect, I found (and bought) this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1507320468...#ht_500wt_1054

I'm a bit of a sucker for audiophile repressings but I thought I'd start a discussion about this one. I've probably asked before, but does anyone have a BH copy of Christine Perfect that they could comment on the sound quality of? I wonder if there will be a significant difference.

When it arrives, I'll post some photos and compare it to my copies of the Legendary Christine Perfect pink Sire LP. I'm quite excited

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 01-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd be interested in knowing the difference in sound quality as well. That solo album has a lot of interesting musical color on it and I think it would sound amazing enhanced.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ooohhh good find. Want!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The sound difference is phenomenal. I'm stunned. Everything sounds much richer and the vocal is more pronounced.

The packaging is so good that I thought they had actually sent me a BH copy by accident until I felt the weight of the vinyl I love that they didn't put a pure pleasure label on because that's something that, for example, 4menwithbeards do and it definitely takes from the aesthetic quality.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine Perfect (album) has been remastered and re-released on 180g vinyl!

Hi guys

I was in a fantastic record shop this past Friday - the brilliantly named Vinyl Tap in Huddersfield and as well as entire floor of wonderful 2nd hand stuff, they have reissues and new vinyl on the ground floor. I couldn't believe it when I saw the Christine Perfect album there! It's all shiny and new and on 180g vinyil. Did anyone know that this was being done?

I was so excited I immediately bought it, since my copy never did sound great and was the "legendary..." version with the smaller cover art., This is the actual Christine Perfect album itself, if that makes sense.

Any Christine fans near Huddersfield (ahem - Bee!) - get thee to Vinyl Tap! Of course you should be able to get this elsewhere too, haha.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have one! http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=49588

Old 04-23-2012, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Haha! I see that I commented on that thread saying that I wanted one! Well there you go then
Old 04-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Hi guys

I was in a fantastic record shop this past Friday - the brilliantly named Vinyl Tap in Huddersfield and as well as entire floor of wonderful 2nd hand stuff, they have reissues and new vinyl on the ground floor. I couldn't believe it when I saw the Christine Perfect album there! It's all shiny and new and on 180g vinyil. Did anyone know that this was being done?
I am glad to hear it was remastered. Christine never speaks well of this record and, although her voice improved with time, the music she was making has some terrific tunes on it. No Road, And That's Saying A Lot, and For You must sound excellent remastered.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Crate: Christine Perfect by Chris Johnston for The Age (Australia)

Date January 1, 2015 - 11:45PM

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainme...#ixzz3NdCWbk9O

Christine Perfect (1969) Christine Perfect

Some records seem as if they are dreamed up, that they are not real and too good to be true, in both the sound and the story. Thus it is with this much-sampled, elusive masterpiece by Christine Perfect – who married John McVie to become Christine McVie and join him in Fleetwood Mac. But that was just a bit after this. Perfect is her real maiden name, by the way; she had a band called Chicken Shack in the first-wave British blues explosion, in 1967, playing piano. Then she fell in with the Fleetwood Mac people who were playing a wonderful spacey brand of blues at the time and she ended up playing keyboards on their second album, Mr Wonderful. Soon she would marry bass player John McVie and set forth on the Mac's hedonistic journey through the 1970s as one of the highest-selling and highest rock bands of all time. But first she would make Christine Perfect , another so-called "lost gem", a kind of folk-funk-soul record with a bunch of scratchy, itchy drum breaks sampled by the likes of Dilated Peoples and Mos Def.

She wrote some of the songs herself, others were by Little Walter, Tony Joe White and Etta James. Little Walter's Crazy 'Bout You Baby (which he did in the 1950s as Can't Hold Out Much Longer) is a Stax-like soul stomp; it's brilliant. As is I'm On My Way, a more standard southern blues in the Bobby Blue Bland style, rendered here quiet and emotionally rich by Ms Perfect. It's interesting listening to her as the sole vehicle for the songs here; later in Fleetwood Mac she was just one voice and usually in a double-vision with Stevie Nicks. Yet on this great album it's just her and it's definitely worth trying to find.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainme...#ixzz3NdCcfiGj