The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll probably get around to purchasing a copy, since there is PLENTY of copies at the local Wal-Mart which arent selling at all (The local Welfare-Mart's music section caters more to hip hop/rap/pop than anything else, which is why I have more music in my bedroom than they have in that crap-ass electronic's dept.)

Kinda funny, I own 3 Eagles albums on CD that I never knew I had,
Old 11-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
I'll probably get around to purchasing a copy, since there is PLENTY of copies at the local Wal-Mart which arent selling at all (The local Welfare-Mart's music section caters more to hip hop/rap/pop than anything else, which is why I have more music in my bedroom than they have in that crap-ass electronic's dept.)

Yeah, I've got so many CDs, albums, etc., I've started to make a list so I know what I have. I got one Eagles album; The Long Run, one eight track tape; Hotel California (yeah, I'm showing my age now), & now three CDs; Eagles Greatest Hits Volume 2, Hell Freezes Over & now Long Road Out of Eden. So I've been an Eagles fan for a while, not a huge fan, but a fan. I've never seen them live, though I did see Don Henley with Stevie when they toured.

BTW, I did hear on the radio that they are selling Long Road Out of Eden at other musical outlets, as they put it, for about, I think they said $13 more than at Wal-Mart. So if your in the market for it, it's best to buy it a Wal-Mart.

Lee
Old 11-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was at the CMAs and the Eagles were great! I'm also pleased with the new album. I love "Waiting in the Weeds" and "What Do I Do With My Heart" especially. The only songs I skip are "Frail Grasp on the Big Picture," "Fast Company," and, yes, "Long Road Out of Eden."

Old 11-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LngPrmsdRd View Post
I am DYING to hear this. $11.98!!?!? Seriously!!??! Woot, I might be able to afford it then. Though I'm sure it's higher here in Canada (if it's available at all...sure we have Wal-Mart and all, but things have a habit of not making their way across the border), it can't be THAT much more. Maybe $14.98 or so, which is still great.

Some friends and I saw Glenn Frey solo live last summer, and he actually performed "I Love To Watch A Woman Dance" back then, and I've been dying to hear it again ever since. It's so lovely live, I hope the CD does it justice. That's the only track I have heard thus far, so I'm really really curious to pick up the album. Filler or not, I adore the Eagles (though they are still second to the Mac, lol), so I'm quite sure I'll enjoy it.
Bree! Where have you been? I tried to send you a photo of the Mac with Glenn Frey, to no avail. I also tried to contact you about his recent shows in Niagara Falls, and didn't hear back. Girl, I've got a story to tell you about that, and you will not BELIEVE it... PM me.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon Girl26 View Post
I just heard this song on the radio this morning and I could'nt help but wonder WHO It COULD Be about! Not naming any names of course!
I IMMEDIATELY thought of Stevie too. Apparently Don Henley only wrote the lyrics of the chorus, but still. It's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool In the past week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Yeah, I've got so many CDs, albums, etc., I've started to make a list so I know what I have. I got one Eagles album; The Long Run, one eight track tape; Hotel California (yeah, I'm showing my age now), & now three CDs; Eagles Greatest Hits Volume 2, Hell Freezes Over & now Long Road Out of Eden. So I've been an Eagles fan for a while, not a huge fan, but a fan. I've never seen them live, though I did see Don Henley with Stevie when they toured.

BTW, I did hear on the radio that they are selling Long Road Out of Eden at other musical outlets, as they put it, for about, I think they said $13 more than at Wal-Mart. So if your in the market for it, it's best to buy it a Wal-Mart.

Lee

I have purchased about $400.00 worth of cd's (One brand new 16 disc Beatles boxed set and about 20 used cd's of various types of rock/metal), so you can say when most buy a couple of cd's - I tend to by about 6-8 cd's, if not more.

I saw the Eagles cd throughout the area I live in (And in Lubbock, TX where I just came back from) and the price has been a consistent $11.88 for the newest release and their older releases are about $8.92 each.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Glad you are enjoying it! I played that one on repeat about 10 times in my car. It takes a while to absorb 20 songs, but it's been fun trying!
LOL.. You sound like me, but I have a question for you and everyone.. I don't know about you, but does that song "Too Busy Being Fabulous" remind you of "Stevie"? I don't know why, but to me that song just SCREAMS "Stevie Nicks".. like she wrote it.. I need to check the credits on that song.. LOL

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 11-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon Girl26 View Post
I just heard this song on the radio this morning and I could'nt help but wonder WHO It COULD Be about! Not naming any names of course!
Ok. LOL.. Sorry I missed this post! I SWORE this song just "screamed out" Stevie ! LOL - I wanted to go back and read the credits as it sure did sound like Stevie wrote it for Don. LOL

Old 11-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post

i read the album pushed 700,000 units already.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool It's funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
i read the album pushed 700,000 units already.
the Eagles get hyped for appearrances on the CMA's and CMT/etc., but yet here in the heart of country music (Oklahoma has the largest market for country music in the US - If ya want proof, The Oklahoma "Centennial Celebration Spectacular" concert this Friday sold out faster than any show in OKC history - Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Carrie Underwood, Toby Keith, Vince Gill & Amy Grant, Patti Page, Blake Shelton, etc...Hehe, The All-American Rejects and the Flaming Lips are the odd-man-out for this show, they will be the only rock at this country dominated show) they are hardly, if at all, played on the radio.

It's cool they are selling albums, but unfortunately here noone seems to care about their newest release (I'm not slamming 'em by the way)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 11-13-2007 at 12:31 AM..
Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
LOL.. You sound like me, but I have a question for you and everyone.. I don't know about you, but does that song "Too Busy Being Fabulous" remind you of "Stevie"? I don't know why, but to me that song just SCREAMS "Stevie Nicks".. like she wrote it.. I need to check the credits on that song.. LOL

"Fabulous" is definitely a word Stevie uses, and then there's that Don/Stevie history, so I can see how you get that association. The song was written by Don Henley and Glenn Frey. The lyrics mention being too busy being fabulous to think about us, to notice your children growing up, so I don't think it's about Stevie. I don't think she'd just leave a note either! I don't know if it really is about a specific wife, but I once heard Glenn joking about his ex-wife and the song "Take It To The Limit," suggesting something about the lady and her use of his credit cards!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
"Fabulous" is definitely a word Stevie uses, and then there's that Don/Stevie history, so I can see how you get that association. The song was written by Don Henley and Glenn Frey. The lyrics mention being too busy being fabulous to think about us, to notice your children growing up, so I don't think it's about Stevie. I don't think she'd just leave a note either!
I actually heard in an interview Don say something to the effect of he wrote the chorus and Glenn finished up the verses. So, I think it's possible that the chorus - "You were just too busy being fabulous / Too busy to think about us / I don't know what you were dreaming of / Somehow you forgot about love / 'Cause you were just too busy being fabulous, uh-huh" could very well have been at least partially inspired by Stevie. Glenn could have added in all that non-Stevie stuff in the verses, seein' as how he was one of the two current Eagles who didn't do her.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I actually heard in an interview Don say something to the effect of he wrote the chorus and Glenn finished up the verses. So, I think it's possible that the chorus - "You were just too busy being fabulous / Too busy to think about us / I don't know what you were dreaming of / Somehow you forgot about love / 'Cause you were just too busy being fabulous, uh-huh" could very well have been at least partially inspired by Stevie. Glenn could have added in all that non-Stevie stuff in the verses, seein' as how he was one of the two current Eagles who didn't do her.
I definitely think the word "fabulous" has a strong association with a lot of Nicks' fans, and hope to hear Don & Glenn speak about the song's meaning one day. Fabuous, to me, just isn't as exclusive a word as, say, fergalicious. Glenn didn't have kids with his first wife from what I understand, although there seems to be a lot of (Lindsey's word?) acrimony there; ie, in concert Glenn, of late, dedicates the song "Lyin' Eyes" to his ex, whom he refers to as "Plantiff."

Rather than Stevie, since this album mostly seems to go for the broad generalizations, ("big business is bad," "we are destroying the environment") I almost think this song could be about today's culture in general. Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton . . . well, at least one of them has kids, although I don't know the situation of her leaving K Fed. Perhaps someone like these ladies fit the song.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Now that's pretty much what I was thinking, and where this all came from. Nancy, you have me ROLLING over here about the Eagles left who didn't "do" Stevie.. ROTFL.. I wasn't even sure any of those were even in exsistance.. LOLOLOL

Old 11-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Fabulous" is definitely a word Stevie uses, and then there's that Don/Stevie history, so I can see how you get that association. The song was written by Don Henley and Glenn Frey. The lyrics mention being too busy being fabulous to think about us, to notice your children growing up, so I don't think it's about Stevie. I don't think she'd just leave a note either! I don't know if it really is about a specific wife, but I once heard Glenn joking about his ex-wife and the song "Take It To The Limit," suggesting something about the lady and her use of his credit cards!
Too funny about Glenn's ex and the Credit card story! LMAOOO.. I don't know.. but every time I listen to that song, it just sooo reminds me of Stevie writing those lyrics, and then handing them off to Don- and saying "here you go, just add your own twists".. LOL