View Poll Results: Presidential Election~
Barack Obama (Dem) 19 63.33%
John McCain (Rep) 8 26.67%
Ralph Nadar (Ind) 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up The Ledge Mock Election: 2008

Alright, let's put this simply. The election is today.....What's the vote, and why?

My vote is Obama....We need change, simply put~
Old 07-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Woohoo, I'm the only republican so far.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

where the F*&K is Gus Hall?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, My vote is going to the Shatner/Satan ticket...At least it will worth a waste this November.

Seriously, I dont like any of the 3 listed above.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
Count me in on McCain. I disagree with McCain on some stuff here and there (like troop withdrawal); as for Obama...I like his stance on quite a few issues...but charismatic doesn't mean you can lead this country.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Obama has to choose Hillary as VP for me to vote for him. As for third party candidates, Bob Barr is the Libertarian Party nominee, and he may be more of a player in this than Nader will be. However, the two major parties colluded in recent years to exclude third party people from presidential debates. Remember how Ross Perot was included in the debates in the nineties? Well, they put a stop to that. The TV networks should refuse to televise the debates unless third party candidates are included.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
Count me in too!

Nader? I remember when I was in high school, and this kid, was walking around through the halls on election day, just goofing off, shouting "don't be a hater vote for Nader!" Every time I hear his name I think of that!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will I don't care about the three man above,But I rather see Buckingham/Nicks ticket .it sounds good to me.Or the Fleetwood/McVie ticket might be a good choice, but seariously I have to go with Obama.I dont know if I can go another 4 years of a republican president.or is it Bush only.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Registered

If only "Waah! Waah! *stomp* *stomp* No Hillary means no vote!" was an option- it would be a dead heat.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Personally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Will I don't care about the three man above,But I rather see Buckingham/Nicks ticket .it sounds good to me.Or the Fleetwood/McVie ticket might be a good choice, but seariously I have to go with Obama.I dont know if I can go another 4 years of a republican president.or is it Bush only.
I cannot live another 4 years with IDIOTS running this country, be they Repubs or Demos - Which I do see likely come November.

But that's fine the world is ending on Dec.12,2012 (According to more IDIOTS) I can't wait, "it will be on EVERY channel plus Cable!!!"

Shatner/Satan in 2008 - Bad acting and pure evil...Just like now on Capitol Hill from BOTH idiotic parties!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 07-09-2008 at 05:42 PM..
Old 07-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
If only "Waah! Waah! *stomp* *stomp* No Hillary means no vote!" was an option- it would be a dead heat.
So you believe that Obama could double the amount of votes he gets by choosing Hillary? Surely someone with good judgement would go for it. By the way, everybody else has been able to participate in the discussion without reducing it to derisive mocking.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Count me in on McCain. I disagree with McCain on some stuff here and there (like troop withdrawal); as for Obama...I like his stance on quite a few issues...but charismatic doesn't mean you can lead this country.
But if one can't even manage and keep their campaign together, do you think they'd be strong enough to manage the nation?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
So you believe that Obama could double the amount of votes he gets by choosing Hillary? Surely someone with good judgement would go for it.
If only it were that simple- recent polls suggest that only about 1/4th of the "No Hillary/No Vote" camp would be willing to vote for Obama if Clinton was the nominee. That said, Hillary's repeated requests for Barack to pay off her campaign debt, along with Bill's ongoing petulance about the whole campaign (and who really knows what's going on with him anyways), seems to suggest that their involvement might not be the right way to go about things, and could end up being more trouble than its worth.

It was a passionate campaign with passionate supporters on both sides, no doubt. However, for the life of me, I don't know how someone could be *so* passionate about Hillary's platform and her stance on issues that they would refuse to vote for someone who is, at the very least, 85% compatible with Hillary... especially since the John McCain of 2008 is NOT the "maverick moderate" John McCain of 2000, or even 2004.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If only it were that simple- recent polls suggest that only about 1/4th of the "No Hillary/No Vote" camp would be willing to vote for Obama if Clinton was the nominee. That said, Hillary's repeated requests for Barack to pay off her campaign debt, along with Bill's ongoing petulance about the whole campaign (and who really knows what's going on with him anyways), seems to suggest that their involvement might not be the right way to go about things, and could end up being more trouble than its worth.

It was a passionate campaign with passionate supporters on both sides, no doubt. However, for the life of me, I don't know how someone could be *so* passionate about Hillary's platform and her stance on issues that they would refuse to vote for someone who is, at the very least, 85% compatible with Hillary... especially since the John McCain of 2008 is NOT the "maverick moderate" John McCain of 2000, or even 2004.
Oh now you're just talking sense. There's no sense in politics! I didn't realize Hil was asking Barack to pay off her campaign debt. For real? Is there a precedent for that?
Old 07-10-2008, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
.. especially since the John McCain of 2008 is NOT the "maverick moderate" John McCain of 2000, or even 2004.
Nope he is postioning himself kind of nauseatingly as a Bush lite..just what we needed! Any respect I once had for the old boy is starting to evaporate ..not that I had the slightest intention of voting for him to begin with.