The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think there may be two likely outcomes here..

1) When this sham of a tour finishes and Mick doesn't need to give interviews and talk rubbish to sell tickets and Mike/Neil scatter back to their preferred endeavors, Mick will hold out an olive branch to Lindsey to try and get him back on-side for one final payday by the Rumours-Five (all is forgiven tour) before they are too old to perform.

or

2) Lindsey remains ghosted by the band for having the audacity to file a lawsuit against them for his share of the tour profits, remember how shabbily Bob Welch was treated after filing a lawsuit against the band.

Personally, I hope Lindsey swerves any future involvement with Mick and if able concentrates on his solo career or what makes him happy.

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 07-12-2019, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod View Post

1) When this sham of a tour finishes and Mick doesn't need to give interviews and talk rubbish to sell tickets and Mike/Neil scatter back to their preferred endeavors, Mick will hold out an olive branch to Lindsey to try and get him back on-side for one final payday by the Rumours-Five (all is forgiven tour) before they are too old to perform.

or

2) Lindsey remains ghosted by the band for having the audacity to file a lawsuit against them for his share of the tour profits, remember how shabbily Bob Welch was treated after filing a lawsuit against the band.

Personally, I hope Lindsey swerves any future involvement with Mick and if able concentrates on his solo career or what makes him happy.
I'm more inclined to number 2. Not that I want it to happen, because I don't want to see him hurt but because I don't think they took the lawsuit very well. Again, not that I think what he did was wrong, but I don't know what the hell they were expecting for him to do, honestly. Let them win?

Stevie will never let him back.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I'm more inclined to number 2. Not that I want it to happen, because I don't want to see him hurt but because I don't think they took the lawsuit very well. Again, not that I think what he did was wrong, but I don't know what the hell they were expecting for him to do, honestly. Let them win?
especially considering they so far made *only* 49 M on this tour, according to Forbes (but maybe that's just this calendar year?), so if he got full 12 M he sued them for (personally i don't think he did, he said it was not really about the money or twisting the knife), the other 4 would have to scramble to divide the rest plus pay all the contractors, and would end up with way less than him.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-12-2019, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is just all so sad. I was just listening to Fireflies in the car today and its clear that Stevie once had a dedication to keeping the chain together. What the heck happened? Is she pulling a Taylor Swift and killing her older self?

I'm sorry, the old Stevie can't come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, cuz she's dead.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
especially considering they so far made *only* 49 M on this tour, according to Forbes (but maybe that's just this calendar year?), so if he got full 12 M he sued them for (personally i don't think he did, he said it was not really about the money or twisting the knife), the other 4 would have to scramble to divide the rest plus pay all the contractors, and would end up with way less than him.
According to Pollstar they made 67 M since November last year. Anyway, I'm sure they were expecting more.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-13-2019, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Pretty sure they'll all be reunited with Danny and The Three Bobs within the next 20 years.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Pretty sure they'll all be reunited with Danny and The Three Bobs within the next 20 years.
I'd hope to bid 5 years!
Old 07-13-2019, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod View Post

or

To return to a band after it has kicked you out twice seems pathological, like rock's version of Stockholm syndrome. If LB ever reunited with these clowns, the effect would be worse on the legacy of the band's musical achievements than the original firing. I hope he has the sense to cut these people loose for life. They're done with him; he should be done with them. There is no "healing" in reuniting at this point. That's touchy-feely psychobabble in this situation.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-13-2019, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'd hope to bid 5 years!
I dunno..Mick and Stevie seem harder to kill than Rasputin.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
To return to a band after it has kicked you out twice seems pathological, like rock's version of Stockholm syndrome. If LB ever reunited with these clowns, the effect would be worse on the legacy of the band's musical achievements than the original firing. I hope he has the sense to cut these people loose for life. They're done with him; he should be done with them. There is no "healing" in reuniting at this point. That's touchy-feely psychobabble in this situation.
Thank you for putting so nicely what I have been trying to say for so long. It won’t look good on Lindsey if he ever decides to go back. I doubt they ever ask him to, but if they do and he agrees.... well, let just say I’m gonna lose some respect for him. He doesn’t need them. What would you possibly need these clowns for? To keep on hurting you?

A reunion at this point, after lawsuits and so many hurtful words and actions would look too fake. No, thank you.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I dunno..Mick and Stevie seem harder to kill than Rasputin.
John or Mick will probably go first. John's certainly had his health issues, and Mick's a giant(giant douchebag, but still a giant, even without the douchebag attachment ), and giants don't usually live long(seriously, it's been documented). And I think Christine is starting to slip mentally.

Now, the Old Goat, you're right. That old thing will probably live forever. She's too busy patting herself on the back, to notice that she needs to....step off!

These days, for me, I only hope that Lindsey has many years ahead of him, in the arms of his family.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 07-14-2019 at 09:47 AM..
Old 07-14-2019, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Exactly! I absolutely cringe at the very mention that there should be some sort of big "RUMOURS 5" final reunion! We've had that twice now - in 1997 and 2014/15. What the remaining 4 did to Lindsey in 2018 effectively ended that era. There is no more fertile ground left to till up. I would hope that even in the unlikely chance that Lindsey felt some sort of obligation or need for closure, his wife would kick his ass into realizing how pathetic it would look for him to ever go back to that mess.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But they've known each other for so long. They've been through so much together. It'd be so sad if they didn't ever make peace with each other again. I just want everyone to be happy. Can't these 5 ever have a happily ever after?
Old 07-14-2019, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
John or Mick will probably go first. John's certainly had his health issues, and Mick's a giant(giant douchebag, but still a giant, even without the douchebag attachment ), and giants don't usually live long(seriously, it's been documented). And I think Christine is starting to slip mentally.
I don’t know what Lindsey meant about Chris’ state and, to be perfectly honest, I do not think it is a comment that should have been shared outside of private correspondence. I think Lindsey was being, um, a tiny bit treacherous.

But let me ask you, if someone was slipping mentally wouldn't you start seeing them make mistakes on stage? Wouldn’t her playing get sloppy, her singing? I was just wondering.

The mind is so complex. When my father had his stroke the therapist told me to sing a song he liked. She said sometimes people can sing, Even if they can’t talk or write. And I watched that Glen Campbell documentary as he toured while struggling with dementia.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
But they've known each other for so long. They've been through so much together. It'd be so sad if they didn't ever make peace with each other again. I just want everyone to be happy. Can't these 5 ever have a happily ever after?
"When "happily ever after" fails
And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales
The lawyers dwell on small details
Since daddy had to fly " Bruce Hornsby " The End of the Innocence"