Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

You know this is just driving Stevie crazy. For her to know Lindsey is enjoying making new music with Christine is driving her up a wall.
I wonder what she will do when they play the songs live (if they do).
I see this only escalating the drama in the band with Stevie and Lindsey which is unfortunate.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
...if there is to be a tour behind this album, are Mick and John guaranteed to be involved? I am also curious, will every bass or percussion note on the album be played by John and Mick? I have my doubts. With a name like Buckingham McVie, these seem like legitimate questions.

I think it'd be as good as certain Mick would be on the/a tour. John not so certain but still pretty likely. If, as the article suggests Mick and John were involved in the studio with Chris and Lindsey as recently as December I'd guess they are raring to go. If they are all signed on for a world tour with Stevie later in the year, why wouldn't they also do a Buckingham-McVie tour if they were on the album? They've had an input in this music for several years- they are also emotionally involved in the music.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This'll learn her!
Old 01-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I have a great idea. Remember that cardboard cut out they had of John for the Tusk video? Maybe they can get one of Stevie and put it in the studio with them. If they tour, they can even put it center mic with a cowbell
Old 01-13-2017, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they're not calling it Fleetwood Mac just to avoid any confusion to the casual fan or consumer. People's attention span sucks these days and they need to be spoon fed exactly what they are getting. Of course, this is just my theory.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What the what?! For months I check the news everyday for new information. Today I skip and THIS emerges!!!!

Buckingham/McVie. AWESOME.

Am I upset or bothered that this project is not being called Fleetwood Mac? Not in the least. Make no mistake: regardless of it's title, this is a Fleetwood Mac album. The only thing stopping it from being called such is the contract they signed for the ensuing world tour. They don't want to muddy the waters with a 4/5 FM project and then go out as a 5-piece.

Who cares? We're getting that music. I couldn't be more effing thrilled!!!!!
Old 01-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The experiment is that both Fleetwood and Mac are present, yet it's not called Fleetwood Mac. Although it's certainly possible, I don't necessarily see the name Fleetwood Mac being omitted due to a committee of managers and lawyers. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the natural consensus of the musicians involved. John especially is a pretty pragmatic guy. Plus, if there is to be a tour behind this album, are Mick and John guaranteed to be involved? I am also curious, will every bass or percussion note on the album be played by John and Mick? I have my doubts. With a name like Buckingham McVie, these seem like legitimate questions.
Don't kid yourself, there were lots of discussions on how to release the album, because they recorded it with every intention of it being released as Fleetwood Mac. Even though they only casually mention the involvement of Mick and John deep into the story, they DID go out of their way to mention THEM and not others. If there were others involved, and they're trying to contrast this with Fleetwood Mac, wouldn't that have been the best time to do that?

I think they held out hope that Stevie might come around the closer they got to finishing the album. After it was clear that wasn't the case, they went with the option that keeps Stevie in Fleetwood Mac and are now going out of their way to call it a duet album so as not to alienate her.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-13-2017, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this will mean the supposed late 2017 World tour will be pushed back to 2018 after all.
If the album is released in May then they'll likely tour on the back of it. Not sure they'd tour and then move onto another World tour with Stevie straight away... their voices can no longer handle it.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-13-2017, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm curious if the cut is different for Mick and John with this project. Is this legitimately a new entity where Mick and John are only considered backing musicians and are paid accordingly OR is this really Fleetwood Mac DBA Buckingham McVie?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-13-2017, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'm curious if the cut is different for Mick and John with this project. Is this legitimately a new entity where Mick and John are only considered backing musicians and are paid accordingly OR is this really Fleetwood Mac DBA Buckingham McVie?

Do we know what the arrangements have been in the past? I thought Stevie got a bigger cut than Lindsey for the Say You Will tour. If the four tour this album would it be 35%, 35%, 15%, 15% ??? I wouldn't have a clue about the album sales cuts but I don't think Mick and John have received much from albums historically. Can't see it being different to the previous FM arrangements.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-13-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Don't kid yourself, there were lots of discussions on how to release the album, because they recorded it with every intention of it being released as Fleetwood Mac. Even though they only casually mention the involvement of Mick and John deep into the story, they DID go out of their way to mention THEM and not others. If there were others involved, and they're trying to contrast this with Fleetwood Mac, wouldn't that have been the best time to do that?

I think they held out hope that Stevie might come around the closer they got to finishing the album. After it was clear that wasn't the case, they went with the option that keeps Stevie in Fleetwood Mac and are now going out of their way to call it a duet album so as not to alienate her.
Why would they feel the need to not call this a Fleetwood Mac album to not alienate Stevie when she's said that she's not interested in an album right now?
When in fact the band is named after Mick and John who'd been in the band long before any of the others and they never had any qualms to call their output "Fleetwood Mac" when nor Stevie, nor Lindsey, nor even Christine were contributing?
As I see it this is probably being called for all intents and purposes a duet album by Lindsey and Christine because they want to hold the reins on the project, otherwise they would have to involve the others in all the decisions.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Why would they feel the need to not call this a Fleetwood Mac album to not alienate Stevie when she's said that she's not interested in an album right now?
When in fact the band is named after Mick and John who'd been in the band long before any of the others and they never had any qualms to call their output "Fleetwood Mac" when nor Stevie, nor Lindsey, nor even Christine were contributing?
As I see it this is probably being called for all intents and purposes a duet album by Lindsey and Christine because they want to hold the reins on the project, otherwise they would have to involve the others in all the decisions.

Why wouldn't they want to involve the others in all the decisions? They're a band. Surely the same could have been said of the songwriters on any other album. Lindsey and Stevie could have called Say You Will Buckingham Nicks 2 but they didnt.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-13-2017, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How is it not an experiment if it's never happened before?
It HAS been done before.

Then Play On didn't have any songs featuring Jeremy Spencer, who was one of the frontmen at the time.

Christine has fronted the band with only one other vocalist, Bob Welch.

Lindsey has fronted the band with only one other vocalist, Stevie Nicks. THAT was a weirder use of the Fleetwood Mac name since they had a prior band called Buckingham Nicks.

Lindsey and Christine co-fronted Fleetwood Mac together on five albums.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-13-2017, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

whether it is intentional or not, Buckingham McVie as a title has such similarity to Buckingham Nicks....... I mean they could call it anything. Seems like there's some messaging there. Look who has a new partner.....AND they're writing together....
Old 01-13-2017, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
By not calling it Fleetwood Mac, it deflects attention away from Stevie. If they had called it Fleetwood Mac, Stevie would get a lot of questions about it.

Quote:
The difference was the end wasn't in sight. This is probably the last big tour, and they want to keep the classic lineup in tact.

Quote:
Except that a lot of the songs Christine finished were started by Lindsey with Mick and John in 2012 with the intention of having Stevie finish them for what they had hoped would be a new Fleetwood Mac album. We got Extended Play instead.

When Christine came back, she did so to work with her musical family, not just Lindsey.

So, no, band politics is why this won't be called what it really is, Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins