The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New quotes: Still think Stevie is going to do the FM album?

I don't after reading this. I've never heard her sound so negative about Lindsey. What happened to the "talk" and all that crap? She setting it up so she's not the bad girl.

http://www.macleans.ca/culture/the-w...-stevie-nicks/

Last edited by secondhandchain; 01-25-2015 at 11:20 PM..
Old 01-25-2015, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So she's not the 'bad girl'? Ha. Well, the way she's been going, she must be aware by now that that's exactly how many fans are going to be interpreting all of this, that she IS being 'bad' and not being a team player, etc.

If FM do a final album, she'll be on it. Typical that out of a four hour interview/conversation (including talk of Fritz/BN apparently), these are the quotes we get from it.

Her and Linds seem fine, whatever the case. Landslide from Grand Rapids + MSG.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-26-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I don't after reading this. I've never heard her sound so negative about Lindsey. What happened to the "talk" and all that crap? She setting it up so she's not the bad girl.

http://www.macleans.ca/culture/the-w...-stevie-nicks/
I think she will do the album despite her and Lindsey not being able to stand each other.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think she will do the album despite her and Lindsey not being able to stand each other.
I agree. If she recorded her latest solo album in 3 weeks, she could easily recreate the same situation with Fleetwood Mac. She may not be able to stand Lindsey, but thanks to digital recording technology and her newfound ability to record quickly, the amount of time she'd have to dedicate to a FM project would be almost inconsequential. And we all know she'd sooner die than let Lindsey be on a final FM album without her. All of this posturing in the press is just a way for the band members to wrangle whatever demands they may have for this project.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I agree. If she recorded her latest solo album in 3 weeks, she could easily recreate the same situation with Fleetwood Mac. She may not be able to stand Lindsey, but thanks to digital recording technology and her newfound ability to record quickly, the amount of time she'd have to dedicate to a FM project would be almost inconsequential. And we all know she'd sooner die than let Lindsey be on a final FM album without her. All of this posturing in the press is just a way for the band members to wrangle whatever demands they may have for this project.
I think that's a point most people leave out. Stevie is far too prideful to let her archenemy/lostlover outperform her. She couldn't stand it. There's also the chance that this whole thing is a bunch of codswallop for the press to eat up, and the album was finished during their winter hiatus!
Old 01-26-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
They've hated each other for many albums, doesn't mean she won't do it.

Christine: Lindsey loves you, Stevie!!
Stevie: It was his hatred that fooled me!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Stevie,

How's about shutting the hell up with the press about how much you don't like Lindsey, get off your lazy ass, and write three effing songs. Good Lord, in the time you spent bitching about Lindsey, you could've had your contributions to the new Fleetwood Mac album completed.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My guess is she will participate eventually but not this year or even next. She will make the band wait for her. Just my guess.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 01-26-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
My guess is she will participate eventually but not this year or even next. She will make the band wait for her. Just my guess.
That's not a bad theory. History has taught us a lot. I hope we're wrong.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Hey Stevie,

How's about shutting the hell up with the press about how much you don't like Lindsey, get off your lazy ass, and write three effing songs. Good Lord, in the time you spent bitching about Lindsey, you could've had your contributions to the new Fleetwood Mac album completed.
perfect point! do something constructive with that anger and complaints - like put it in a song or 2 or 3 (look up Sad Angel or ITT or even Dancin' for how it's done!) instead of endlessly yakking about it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-26-2015, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
will? she already did. 5 years and counting. i guess they need to wait 10 years. wish they'd fire her and get on with it already.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-26-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
will? she already did. 5 years and counting. i guess they need to wait 10 years. wish they'd fire her and get on with it already.
It's a fair point. I know a lot of people think it's all about the $$. But I'm sure Christine and Lindsey could easily do an album without her. Mick would be the only one worried about that.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she will do the record. She does not want to be the one to break up the band. And I think she is being honest about her relationship. They have lingering issues. Big deal. They can get along and co-exist. It can still be difficult. Think you are reading too much into this. I think it is a matter of time commitment. She has two careers. And she likes the way her songs are coming out solo vs. with Fleetwood Mac. She was not too happy with Say You Will and quite frankly, listening to Smile At You, I cannot blame her.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
I think she will do the record. She does not want to be the one to break up the band. And I think she is being honest about her relationship. They have lingering issues. Big deal. They can get along and co-exist. It can still be difficult. Think you are reading too much into this. I think it is a matter of time commitment. She has two careers. And she likes the way her songs are coming out solo vs. with Fleetwood Mac. She was not too happy with Say You Will and quite frankly, listening to Smile At You, I cannot blame her.
Exactly, these two have hated each other for a long time. And some of the best work has come from it. Why would that stop her now?

I don't think she cares however about being the "bad guy". She is thriving on the diva reputation. It actually helps her with some fans.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Geez...

Big Bad Stevie is just making Fleetwood Mac wait and wait for her. I call BS on all this. if she said the sky were blue a lot of you here would say it was another color just to bitch about her. She hung in with this group while being the only female for years. Why would she walk away now that Christine is back? Take a pill...