Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
They recorded without Chris.

They certainly "could" record with out Stevie.
That's just not going to happen.

The problem with Lindsey and Stevie is that neither one of them wants to put their pride aside and admit how much the other one has played a role in their early success. Lindsey is a tortured genius who resents that it took an airy fairy spinning spoiled valley girl to make him a rock and roll superstar. Stevie is a great "Rough Draft" songwriter whose early compositions NEEDED Lindsey's arrangements to take them from "rough" to GREAT. Neither one would have become a rock superstar without the other! AND, it drives them nuts!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This according to Mick at a meet and greet. So Stevie only wanted Christine back to tour? She hates Lindsey that much? Well count me as someone seriously disappointed in her.
Be disappointed with Fleetwood Mac and not Stevie...If Stevie chooses to not be involved in recording with FM that's her choice it's also the band's choice to allow her non participation with a new record to continue...If FM really wanted to put new music out then they would issue Stevie an ultimatum "We are recording a new record and if you don't want to be a part of that then you are no longer in the band" (it's not like it would be the first time FM had a personnel change ) and they would also be in the studio right now and not out on another cash cow oldies tour. It's clear that FM would rather rake in the cash instead of taking a stand and dealing with the problem (Stevie not recording) than being productive (albeit a different incarnation) and moving the band forwards with new product.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Be disappointed with Fleetwood Mac and not Stevie...If Stevie chooses to not be involved in recording with FM that's her choice it's also the band's choice to allow her non participation with a new record to continue...If FM really wanted to put new music out then they would issue Stevie an ultimatum "We are recording a new record and if you don't want to be a part of that then you are no longer in the band" (it's not like it would be the first time FM had a personnel change ) and they would also be in the studio right now and not out on another cash cow oldies tour. It's clear that FM would rather rake in the cash instead of taking a stand and dealing with the problem (Stevie not recording) than being productive (albeit a different incarnation) and moving the band forwards with new product.
This is why there will never be another personnel change in FM. No other line up will be accepted enough by the public to earn the kind of money this one does (sad but true, unless they change their mind about priorities but they won't).

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 10-13-2014 at 03:54 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If that is true (and my sneaking suspicion tells me it is), count me as very disappointed too. At this point, as much as it pains me, I'd rather them just do the album without her. It would be a shame if we never got to hear the new stuff that Chris and Lindsey wrote due to Stevie being ridiculously bullheaded.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
This according to Mick at a meet and greet. So Stevie only wanted Christine back to tour? She hates Lindsey that much? Well count me as someone seriously disappointed in her.
were you there ? or did this come from your best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who works at 31 Flavors ?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It could also be the fact maybe Stevie doesn't want to commit until the tour is over.....just in case things turn a little sour?
Old 10-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder how Stevie would feel if they put out an album of the current material in early/mid 2015 (with no Stevie) and then record a brand new set of songs with Stevie in late 2015? Would that have her 'blessing'?
Old 10-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this is just so stupid. Really, Stevie? What is exactly is the problem now? I guess there will always be a problem. Oh well. I would love the Mac to put out one last album with the current lineup but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think it will happen, though.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
this is just so stupid. Really, Stevie? What is exactly is the problem now? I guess there will always be a problem. Oh well. I would love the Mac to put out one last album with the current lineup but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think it will happen, though.
She likes the results of 24K gold.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Could it be that she doesn't have any new songs she feels would lend themselves to the Mac treatment, and plans to try to write while on tour? Just asking -- I don't know what her previous songwriting habits have been.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie said last year that there were two planned tours for 2015, so if that's still the case, and she tours for 24KG after the Mac tour ends (whenever that might be), how could she commit to a record? Because it would seem Christine and Lindsey began recording around the same time as Stevie, and if Stevie had already committed to her solo tour, and the recording of her album, can she really be expected to participate in the recording of the new Mac album? This all sounds like Tango to me. That being said, I highly doubt FM would do a "farewell album" without Stevie.

Last edited by DauphineMarie; 10-13-2014 at 07:32 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the thought does occur that if Mick indeed reiterated to a fan(s) that Stevie is still a holdout for a new album, that that might be part of HIS strategy for forcing her hand. Not unlike in the not so distant past when he gave interviews saying well, Stevie doesn't want to do a new tour and so maybe FM will never tour again… (dramatic flourish of hand to brow)

He might be doing his Mick thing of airing some of the goings on to try and produce the pressure on her to pony up. Though later he sort of apologized for doing that--- after of course he got the result he wanted.

As has been noted, anything at all is possible with this bunch of drama queens. Chris may be sorry if she thought the soap opera was over…..
Old 10-13-2014, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
were you there ? or did this come from your best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who works at 31 Flavors ?
I read it in another thread on this board, by someone who was at the meet and greet. It was from the "On With the Show Tour" thread. Here is the quote.

[QUOTE=elle;1148962]interesting.

at the m&g in NYC, Mick reportedly said in response to question about their album that they have 27 (i think?) pieces recorded already (would that be 27 whole songs? can't remember?). after follow-up question on why did they not put that out already and what/who is holding the album, he was apparently pretty specific saying something like they need to get Stevie on board and she's not there yet.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 10-13-2014 at 11:34 PM..
Old 10-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
It's a ridiculous premise; there was no bargaining chip there . Fleetwood Mac just came off last year's tour, and wasn't even thinking of another tour, that is, until Christine entered the picture. Stevie was not holding out for Christine; no one had no idea that Christine was coming back.

Lindsey and Christine have got the ball rolling on the album. Since they are on tour now, the album is on hold for now. As Mick (or was is it Lindsey) stated, that when the tour is over, they'll get back to recording the album, and Stevie will put her touch on it. It's not going to be a SAY YOU WON"T album with just Christine and Lindsey. Stevie has way too much ego to let that happen.

I wish someone would interview Stevie and ask her some pointed, assuming questions like "Are you excited to work in the studio with Christine again? Any chance of a collaboration? The world is waiting for this album. Have you written anything special for the album? We're really looking forward to those classic harmonies between you, Lindsey and Christine." Hopefully all the endless and useless speculation would end and we'd get some clear indication about what's going on in her big convoluted head.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-21-2014 at 11:12 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Meh, unless I see a direct quote from Mick I'm taking this with a large grain of salt.