http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...-fleetwood-mac
Old 11-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Your Dreams View Post
This is amazing.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

I find it hard to believe that Lindsey wouldn't want Christine to rejoin the band, especially if it means recording a new album and touring.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome article.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's so interesting that it's come to this. It's human nature to desire change no matter how long a person has a certain routine going,be it one year or 15. Sounds like she's just eager to start a new phase of life ,i'm sure her ''Sloane Ranger'' era ran it's course but it's still interesting to read that she now says she ''suffered from some delusion'' for even wanting that lifestyle.Must be those manipulative therapists telling her so ...it seemed to me she was perfectly happy in the first couple of years of 'retirement' ..it even shows on In The Meantime & the videos and interviews that were done.

Anyways i'm happy that she's expressing interest now ,it's just so ironic/utterly tragic that she finally decides this after SO LONG and BAM John McVie takes ill ...there are no words

Last edited by Bryan; 11-22-2013 at 02:18 PM..
Old 11-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
It's so interesting that it's come to this. It's human nature to desire change no matter how long a person has a certain routine going,be it one year or 15. Sounds like she's just eager to start a new phase of life ,i'm sure her ''Sloane Ranger'' era ran it's course but it's still interesting to read that she now says she ''suffered from some delusion'' for even wanting that lifestyle.Must be those manipulative therapists telling her so ...it seemed to me she was perfectly happy in the first couple of years of 'retirement' ..it even shows on In The Meantime & the videos and interviews that were done.

Anyways i'm happy that she's expressing interest now ,it's just so ironic/utterly tragic that she finally decides this after SO LONG and BAM John McVie takes ill ...there are no words
I'm delighted too, but when she talks about rejoining/her return being considered as "a long way down that path" I did think that, given their advancing years, they really can't leave things for very long.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
I find it hard to believe that Lindsey wouldn't want Christine to rejoin the band, especially if it means recording a new album and touring.
It didn't say he wouldn't want her back full-time, just that he was afraid that it could still the band's thunder, which even Christine thought was fair.

Even if he didn't, band politics might work against him.

With her saying "if you ask me, the answer is 'yes'", I bet they'll ask her.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It didn't say he wouldn't want her back full-time, just that he was afraid that it could still the band's thunder, which even Christine thought was fair.

Even if he didn't, band politics might work against him.

With her saying "if you ask me, the answer is 'yes'", I bet they'll ask her.
I'm sure Stevie would do another album with Chris on board.

If John is well enough, maybe they'll tour for 2014 then head into the studio?

I wonder also if this would mean that Chris would move back to the US? She couldn't really be in the band without spending a lot of time there whilst they're recording.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That interview actually brought tears to my eyes.

Never thought I'd see the day.

PS: Lindsey...please don't be a dick.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 11-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm almost positive that John's illness is a part od why she wants to return. Since John's outlook is very good, I'm sure Mick is already planning a way to get her back. Stevie, too.

Lindsey is outvoted. .
Old 11-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is freaking great! I hope there is no 2014 tour and just studio time for the band. John will still be recovering, so it'd make sense for him to ease into working again by hitting the studio for a few months than to be thrown straight into another tour. Plus, they've done a million greatest hits tours. Better get them in the studio while they are all happy and then have no choice but to tour instead of wait for a tour to end and they are at eachothers throats and say to hell with a new album.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Before everyone gets on board the Lindsey is a dick train (which already seems to be leaving the station), his reservations were about Christine joining the band for a guest appearance, not as a full-fledged member. We have no idea how he feels about that, so you might as well wait and see if he talks about it in an interview before the mud is thrown.

His concern seemed to be Christine getting the bulk of the reviews/headlines when she was just there for a couple shows when the rest of them had been there for the rehearsals and the rest of the shows, putting in the bulk of the work. Whether or not you agree with him, it's how he felt and Christine even said it was a valid concern. Now if she joined full time recording and touring, I think he'd probably have a much different point of view on that. In fact, it seems to me that he might enjoy her returning to the band as he seemed to be hurt when she left.

Bottom line is, he has not come out and said he's against Christine joining, so what's the point in insulting him now before his thoughts on Christine rejoining are known?

Last edited by redtulip; 11-22-2013 at 03:14 PM..
Old 11-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Before everyone gets on board the Lindsey is a dick train (which already seems to be leaving the station), his reservations were about Christine joining the band for a guest appearance, not as a full-fledged member. We have no idea how he feels about that, so you might as well wait and see if he talks about it in an interview before the mud is thrown.

His concern seemed to be Christine getting the bulk of the reviews/headlines when she was just there for a couple shows when the rest of them had been there for the rehearsals and the rest of the shows, putting in the bulk of the work. Whether or not you agree with him, it's how he felt and Christine even said it was a valid concern. Now if she joined full time recording and touring, I think he'd probably have a much different point of view on that. In fact, it seems to me that he might enjoy her returning to the band as he seemed to be hurt when she left.

Bottom line is, he has not come out and said he's against Christine joining, so what's the point in insulting him now before his thoughts on Christine rejoining are known?
I was, of course, speaking tongue-in-cheekly. Do I think Lindsey would undermine her efforts to come back on a full-time basis? Probably not. He just seems the most likely of any of them (again, making a joke here)

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 11-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post

I would certainly love to hear what he says on the matter, eventually. Her return wouldn't really be all that different to his in 1997.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
This is freaking great! I hope there is no 2014 tour and just studio time for the band. John will still be recovering, so it'd make sense for him to ease into working again by hitting the studio for a few months than to be thrown straight into another tour. Plus, they've done a million greatest hits tours. Better get them in the studio while they are all happy and then have no choice but to tour instead of wait for a tour to end and they are at eachothers throats and say to hell with a new album.
OR...

Lindsey said that he cut eight songs with Mick and John. Three of those were released on EP, which leaves five finished unreleased songs. We also know that Christine has been working some new material, supposedly for a new solo album. All that's needed is for Stevie to go through some of her older songs that have never been officially recorded. If they continue to use Mitchell Froom, the album could be done before they hit the road and be released while on the road.

THE Stephen Hopkins