The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

As I stated earlier, they've missed the boat. Rolling Stone mentioned the new song. Perez Hilton linked people to it, saying it would be out in a few days Over 30,000 hits on Youtube as a result. In this internet age of things moving at breakneck speed the main hype is as good as dead.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wait wait wait - could it be possible, even only slightly, that they're holding out on us, being coy? Could it be that that only need three songs from Stevie...because there will be songs by Christine?
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 04-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W-Suite View Post
As I stated earlier, they've missed the boat. Over 30,000 hits on Youtube as a result.
How can you tell how many people have checked youtube for it?
Old 04-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ I suspect Mick is referring to the fact that 8 Lindsey songs are already in the can, so they just need three more Stevie songs + "Without You" to make a complete album. Of course, knowing Stevie, she will have Karen raid the vaults/YouTube to come up with the sufficient number of songs to match Lindsey's. That is, IF anything ever happens beyond an EP.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
^^ I suspect Mick is referring to the fact that 8 Lindsey songs are already in the can, so they just need three more Stevie songs + "Without You" to make a complete album. Of course, knowing Stevie, she will have Karen raid the vaults/YouTube to come up with the sufficient number of songs to match Lindsey's. That is, IF anything ever happens beyond an EP.

Well, I hope you're right. I'd love some material from 'the vault' to make it on another FM album.

Of course, the idea of Stevie and Karen hunting demos on YouTube is very entertaining.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 04-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Well, I hope you're right. I'd love some material from 'the vault' to make it on another FM album.

Of course, the idea of Stevie and Karen hunting demos on YouTube is very entertaining.
Oh, that reminds me... at the MSG show, when Stevie was introducing "Without You," she mentioned that whoever posted the demo on YouTube also put up a "bunch of lovely pictures to go with it." I can just imagine Stevie sitting at home watching slideshows of herself!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
How can you tell how many people have checked youtube for it?
Because there's a view counter underneath the video. The one Perez linked is over 32,000 now, and a few of the other one's have approx 5,000 apiece.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, that reminds me... at the MSG show, when Stevie was introducing "Without You," she mentioned that whoever posted the demo on YouTube also put up a "bunch of lovely pictures to go with it." I can just imagine Stevie sitting at home watching slideshows of herself!
That's awesome! I've wondered to myself many times just how much time Stevie *really* spends on the internet now that she's discovered long-forgotten material on YouTube.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If the things that Stevie said when I saw her last year at the Mill Valley film fesitival hold any weight then it could be that the rest of the band are going to rework a few of her songs and quickly cobble them together with their 8 songs because she feels that at her age she doesn't have time to participate in another Fleetwood Mac album.I'll buy it of course but it is difficult to get exicted about the results of such a process.I also believe that she is hoarding newly written material for another solo album which is great if it happens.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yea Stevie is just vain enough to do just that.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wait wait wait - could it be possible, even only slightly, that they're holding out on us, being coy? Could it be that that only need three songs from Stevie...because there will be songs by Christine?
holy wow cow!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W-Suite View Post
Because there's a view counter underneath the video. The one Perez linked is over 32,000 now, and a few of the other one's have approx 5,000 apiece.
yup. and there are a number of other ones so they really should all be added up. i have extremely crappy sounding phone version up from Columbus and i think it has ~1500 views by now, and much better version from DC that has several hundred last time i checked. the RS linked video is the best one so far i think, and got all the views for being linked by Rolling Stone, NME and then Perez.

now they need someone like Gaga to link to it and they'd have few million views instantly. so they haven't missed the boat yet, just need someone with wide reach to point to it. good PR people would know how to do that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
now that would be something, wouldn't it?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lol! That amused me too. Especially when she said it was "really very lovely"... what a hilarious mental image. I mean forget dragging out the 8mm. Just search yourself in YouTube and enjoy the show!

Edit: Update from Nickslive:

"A friend of mine works at Madison Square Garden and got me backstage at the Fleetwood Mac concert last Monday. I heard Lindsey Buckingham telling someone that the new EP being released online was awaiting the approval of the artwork. Stevie at first wanted photos, but then they all decided it should just have a Fleetwood Mac logo and say EP. He said once that is approved the EP will be out in a week. It contains "Sad Angel", "Without You", "Miss Fantasy" and one more Lindsey song."

Last edited by CADreaming; 04-12-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Old 04-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think so. Mick said it inspired Christine to write -- although he said she was just writing for herself, which is stupid. Then again, Ken said that his book reignited Christine's love of music and this leads me to the conclusion that Christine has gone senile and is now inspired quite easily. Probably watching Louie Anderson dive on Splash has inspired her.

That aside, I honestly think that they are shooting for an album, with Christine's participation for late 2013 or early 2014. But I'm delusional, so don't mind me.

Michele