Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wonder if that's one of the shirts he wore in the picture with Kristen. He only has, like, 2 shirts. What I like about the red is that although Stevie is wearing a deeper color, it seems like he wore it to match her and Mick. So, I liked the group theme. I guess the idea was formed when Stevie was opening in that dress. John obviously excluded himself from the rose-toned coordination.

Michele
As usual Jeans on the Dance cover while everyone else is in black and white.
Does not play well with other children
Old 10-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCharmer View Post
Here's the best of my pictures from last night

just a fantastic photo.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
just a fantastic photo.
Thanks it's probably my favourite out of the hundred or so I took.. I love how he comes right down to the crowd! Definitely makes it even more exciting for the fans
Old 10-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCharmer View Post
Here's the best of my pictures from last night

Absolutely LOVE this one!! Great shot!!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Absolutely LOVE this one!! Great shot!!
Yes, all these pics are mighty fine!!! This one is interesting to look at - looking at their faces and their eyes, they are clearly taking it all in. I wonder what's actually going on in their heads when a sea of people are applauding...
Old 10-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do they have better cameras or better photographers in Europe. Just: "wow" to some of these.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Yes, all these pics are mighty fine!!! This one is interesting to look at - looking at their faces and their eyes, they are clearly taking it all in. I wonder what's actually going on in their heads when a sea of people are applauding...
That question's been on my mind ever since the Dublin gigs... I'm hoping in Lindsey's case it's "wow, who's that gorgeous Irish girl in the front, and how can I get her number?"
Old 10-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac Manchester Arena

Dave Simpson The Guardian, Thursday 29 October 2009

"This band have a complex emotional history," begins guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, hinting at Fleetwood Mac's rollercoaster of bedhopping, cocaine, mental illness and religious cults, which is almost as famous as their music. While the antics (and some members) have been lost to the years, the music, particularly 1977's mega-selling Rumours, still defines AOR cool and inspires current acts, not least Bat for Lashes.

Without a new album to promote, the Mac are choosing songs for "fun": nothing from 2003's underwhelming Say You Will, but rather a fantasy setlist from their ravishing back catalogue. After a tumultuous The Chain, a hallucinatory Dreams and a wistful Gypsy, the band charge into Rhiannon, Sara and a drumming-led Tusk. It feels like seeing off an army only to face bigger cannons coming over the hill.

The songs don't sound exactly as they did. With leather-jacketed Buckingham – the band's Clash fan – seemingly on a mission to prove the band remain relevant, the AOR sheen has been stripped away to reveal the emotional turmoil and even anger that inspired them. The delicate counterpoint is the ethereal Stevie Nicks, whose dulcet tones cast a spell. The hug between her and lost-love Buckingham might be scripted, but it nonetheless seems as poignant as Landslide's lyrics about "getting older".

In two and a half hours, there isn't a dull moment. Highlights are a dark Gold Dust Woman and a Buckingham guitar rampage, delivered to a standing ovation. Fans of the Mac's 1960s blues-rock incarnation are sent into raptures when the band pile into Oh Well, so electrifying it could power a small town. As an exultant Mick Fleetwood puts it: "The Mac are back!"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009...ood-mac-review
Old 10-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Nice new shirt/color on Linds...

Lindsey is taking some wardrobe pointers from Stevie: having identical item in an array of colors!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-29-2009, 05:53 AM
Junior Ledgie

Firstly, hi to all here. I have been reading this board for ages but haven't got round to posting much. However, this concert has jolted me from my lazyness and made me post. This was my second time seeing the Mac live , and they managed to blow me away even more than the first time. That might have had something to do with my position - managed to be leaning on the stage directly in front of Stevie's mike for the whole night (I think, from reading this thread that I was probably standing next to Phil and near Little Charmer - I was the bloke in the green T shirt with the "Best night of My Life since the birth of my son" expression!. Hello to you guys - it was good to share the evening with you.)
Highlights for me - there were so many, but Gold Dust Woman was unbelievably powerful, Stand Back rocked with energy, Lindsey on Big Love - how his strings don't break i don't know, Rhiannon, landslide of course - tears in my eyes !, oh heck, it was all unimaginably good!
Other things that made my night - playing Lindsey's guitar, shaking hands at the end with both Lindsey and Stevie (thought I was going to faint!) and best of all, a smile and gesture of acknowledgement from Stevie when she came to the front of the stage at the end and I mouthed "Thank You" to her. Couldn't have hoped for a better night.
Best thing is I'm going to the Birmingham show next Tuesday , with my wife this time - can't wait. Anyone else going to this show aswell?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be at Birmingham. I'm taking my 13 year old daughter, Rhiannon
Old 10-29-2009, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great shots and stories guys. It's always great to hear about the greatest band in the world!!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

The problem with having been now is im terribly jealous of everyone who still has it to come.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Yeah next leg of their tour is here in Australia,I have already started counting down the sleep's, 3rd/4th row cant wait!!!!! thank you all so much, for sharing your stories & photo's I have loved reading them all.. from both USA & Euro fans, I hope us Aussie's & Kiwi's will have some great stories to share too!!!!

Last edited by Aussie W/Heart; 10-29-2009 at 07:16 AM..
Old 10-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedw View Post
The problem with having been now is im terribly jealous of everyone who still has it to come.
So true!
After the concert on Saturday night I was even more excited than I had been before it, because I knew I had more to come, and I knew how awesome it was going to be....