User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul View Post
I was at the concert last night; my first ever Mac show.
I thought it was beyond awesome! I loved every minute. Having seen so many comments on here about Stevie not singing well at certain shows and looking unhappy I was ready to be disappointed by her and to have my dreams shattered a little.

But she was magical! She looked beautiful, radiant even. She sang very well and looked delighted to be there on stage. She interacted with the audience with good humour and was in turns flirty, fun and gracious.
She hypnotized me many years ago when I was a little schoolgirl and I'm so glad she didn't let me down last night.

Yes, Stevie still rocks!

What can I say about Lindsey that hasn't been said already. He is indeed a guitar god, Fleetwood mac's genius and maestro as Mick says at the end. He dominated the show from start to finish and deserves all the accolades he is getting.

Mick and John - watching them last night I fell in love with both!

I've seen some big gigs this year featuring many a megastar. This was, without question, the very BEST.

I'm debating whether I should go next Friday - I'd love to, I'm just afraid it might not be as perfect next time.

And, my added bonus was that I met Ledge legend David Mn. Truly a legend!
Also the lovely Gypsy Rhiannon and wonderful Tommer. Thanks guys for making a special evening even better!
Lovely to meet you last night!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just to add it was a truly amazing show last night. Stevie dedicated Landslide to someone in the audience who is one of her favourite designers (I forget the name) and then said she was the reason she had the boots on that night (she had maroon ones on at the time). SHe also had a black pair on for a while as well as the cute ankle boots.

Last edited by Gypsy-Rhiannon; 10-31-2009 at 07:42 PM..
Old 10-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another good show, but definitely not as spectacular as last night's And no Silver Springs! For the life of me I can't understand why they keep doing this.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Another good show, but definitely not as spectacular as last night's And no Silver Springs! For the life of me I can't understand why they keep doing this.
Stevie's voice. It was obvious she struggled with it last night, judging from the audios.

Thanks for the update.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
She doesn't seem to do it 2 nights in a row
Old 10-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I loved this chatter from Stevie about meeting Lindsey

SHame it's cut short as she lead into the writing of the song Gypsy

Last edited by Gypsy-Rhiannon; 10-31-2009 at 07:48 PM..
Old 10-31-2009, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
LOL - I love your signature - that's my new favorite ad-lib of Stevie's - "you say hey baby!"
I love it and the little hand wavey gesture she does with it.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:18 PM
Junior Ledgie

I've seen Peter Green in concert twice, but this (the 30th) was my first Fleetwood Mac concert. I'm still buzzing!

Many details I'd want to mention, and one of them is a simple question. The group sometimes seemed to give extra attention to the crowd just on their right. It made me wonder if there was somebody there that they knew. Did anyone else notice this, or was it just my imagination?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
I have Stand Back recorded from the front row. Unfortunately minus the first verse as I was too busy singing. The singing continues around me while i recorded...haha...notibly by Tommer and DavidMN..haha

It's uploading now so will link when it's up

OH and btw.. I have a ton of pictures to share... this is one of my faves

Photobucket
Wow, excellent pic. Thank you to everyone who shared pics and reviews and links to vids on youtube. Glad to hear the band is having fun!
Old 10-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
I loved this chatter from Stevie about meeting Lindsey

SHame it's cut short as she lead into the writing of the song Gypsy
Here ya go (and can I just add the ending pose on this vid is my favorite?!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I love it and the little hand wavey gesture she does with it.
I know!!
Old 10-31-2009, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustMoon View Post

Many details I'd want to mention, and one of them is a simple question. The group sometimes seemed to give extra attention to the crowd just on their right. It made me wonder if there was somebody there that they knew. Did anyone else notice this, or was it just my imagination?
I wonder if it might have been Christine?
Old 10-31-2009, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So I just thought I'd add some notes about tonight's show. It was a great show but definitely not as good or energetic as last night's. I did, however, think Stevie and Lindsey seemed friendlier with each other tonight.
Stevie forgot some of her introduction to Gypsy and even said, "I'm forgetting everything tonight". She also didn't put on her red boots, I guess they only come out for the British designer (whose name I didn't catch) from the first night. She dedicated Landslide to another Brit though, the singer KT Tunstall.
Someone at the front was throwing condoms (in their packets I must stress) at Lindsey for some reason. He laughed it off but asked them to stop doing it because he said he might slip on them. "I guess it's well intentioned" he said, but I got the impression he was a bit peeved by it.
During Go Your Own Way a bunch of the crew at the side of the stage donned wigs and red noses (I guess because it's Halloween) and lined up, linked arms and danced to the song, so when Stevie turned around she saw them. She laughed and seemed to get a kick out of it.
She seemed to be having trouble with her ear thingie all night though and kept mouthing and shaking her head to someone to the side of the stage. They eventually came to fix it but I think it wasn't working properly all night.
Also, despite Stevie mouthing "Stevie" to Mick last night, he introduced her as Stephanie tonight. There was also a nice moment after her bow where she walked over to John and reached out for his hand. I don't know if she does this often, but she definitely didn't do it the first night and it seemed sweet.
Finally, the security was a lot stricter this time, only allowing those who were front row to go down the front. Even the Mac crew were enforcing it, this time. There was definitely less people at the stage. I guess maybe Wembley were unhappy about the amount of people standing last night. I also thought the audience were less enthusiastic, I was in the fourth row and everybody in front of us were sitting, but the good thing about that was I had an amazing, perfect view because of it. And on top of that we finally did manage to sneak up to the front near Stevie, so I had the best of both worlds during the concert really.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara from the 30th...nice for the 'hug collectors' out there...

Old 10-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sara from the 30th...nice for the 'hug collectors' out there...

That was very sweet. I must stress how much I adore that color shirt on Lindsey. It is by far my favorite and I firmly believe anything blue should be worn by that man every single day because it's his color, if he were to be associated with one...blue would be it.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here ya go (and can I just add the ending pose on this vid is my favorite?!)

I know!!
that was a cute "Gypsy"...not an energetic vocal by any means but she does seem to be moving around a lot, and I liked the slow spins at the end...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...