User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Kicking? He's kicked her? I thought he just slapped her around a bit. I am shocked by this allegation.
i do not believe this why would he do this.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
maybe she forgot to get clearance from Lindsey before slipping into that burgundy number.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
He did. Reads Mick's book.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do believe lindsey kicked stevie back in 1979 or 1980 during the tusk tour on stage in front of an audience i believe i do believe mick fleetwood mentions this in his book that came out back in 1990. i dont think they do that now they matured now.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
Carrie was picking on Stevie last night on the setlist topic. But she has over 10,000 posts. When you have 10,000 posts, you can bitch about Stevie as much as you want. But one of the first things you post here shouldn't be bashing the woman half of the people on this board are obcessed with.

I'm very unimpressed.
I almost have 1,000 posts, so am I allowed to say that it's ridiculous to suggest someone who only has a few posts can't express an opinion that someone who has 10,000 can?

You hit the nail on the head with the word "obsessed" and quite frankly people who are obsessed usually cant be objective. I know it's tough to listen to criticisms of people we love, but that doesn't mean they aren't valid or true in some cases.

Should Stevie retire because she's not performing to the expectations of some? Of course not, the people who don't like her current performances should just stop going to see her.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScoop View Post
Seriously, it's time for her to retire. She put in absolutely no effort on any of the songs except for maybe "storms". Her eyes were half shut for most of the night and she put zero energy into any part of her performances. I was almost embarrassed for her. Her twirls during "stand back" were geriatric and as mentioned by someone else, had absolutely no chemistry with lindsey tonight. The guys in the band were great however and I don't want to take anything away from them. Stevie's performance tonight made her syw tour performances look like the mirage tour. Yes, she was that bad. What a disappointment. As someone that I bumped into at my hotel mentioned about it, she simply has no more energy or enthusiasm left for this. She really should stop performing after this tour.

So you are digging her grave and ready to nail it shut because of one performance???

Or if indeed she has gotten to the point where the energey level will never return you are calling for her retirement? How about being a little more open minded and forgiving. She is 60 years old. I am amazed sometimes at how harsh people are toward her sometimes.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScoop View Post
Actually I've been on here since 2003, and the "preliminary" setlist that was given to me featured most of the songs that were performed tonight. However, Getting back to the topic at hand, she did not seem nervous at all. She smiled a lot and seemed quite comfortable on stage. Perhaps too comfortable. Overall it was just a lazy performance and she had zero enthusiasm for what she was doing. Alicelover, I have seen this woman perform for over 25 years and I have seen well over 50 shows. Trust me when I say "she ain't got it no more". Yes, she is 60 and perhaps her age is taking it's toll on her. But after what I saw tonight, I can honestly say she no longer has any business being on a rock and roll stage.
Then stop your bitching and don't go.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

Anyone who doesn't love Stevie CAN send their concert tickets to ME!!!! haha I'll gladly go see Stevie even if she is laying on the stage floor singing. haha I'm going to see her in May and I cannot wait!! The whole point is to GO SEE FLEETWOOD MAC before they retire or anything happens to any one of them. Enjoy them for choosing to be on the road for their true fans

So I close my eyes softly
Til I become that part of the wind

♥Debra♥
Old 03-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oy. Don't tell me Lindsey has been kicking her again.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 03-02-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Oy. Don't tell me Lindsey has been kicking her again.
I would pay for good seats to see that kind of energy from any of them again.....
Old 03-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
I almost have 1,000 posts, so am I allowed to say that it's ridiculous to suggest someone who only has a few posts can't express an opinion that someone who has 10,000 can?

You hit the nail on the head with the word "obsessed" and quite frankly people who are obsessed usually cant be objective. I know it's tough to listen to criticisms of people we love, but that doesn't mean they aren't valid or true in some cases.

Should Stevie retire because she's not performing to the expectations of some? Of course not, the people who don't like her current performances should just stop going to see her.
Yeah, you're legal.

Sorry, I didn't word that very well. I didn't mean to be prejudice against people who have a small amount of posts. (I fall into that category myself!) What I was trying to say that if you barge into this forum, throw a fake setlist at me, then bash my idol, you're not going to be very popular with me.

But if I know that you're a true fan, that you actually do give a crap about Fleetwood Mac, you just like to pick on them, then I'm not going to care nearly as much. Yeah, Stevie is not the same as she was 30 years ago, but who is?! I don't think I'll be on tour when I'm 60!

I got carried away there, so sorry. I've been getting carried away a lot lately. Stupid horomones. >.<

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 03-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I think this thread was simply started to kick up dust. Scoop, go get a hobby.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGypsy View Post
Anyone who doesn't love Stevie CAN send their concert tickets to ME!!!! haha I'll gladly go see Stevie even if she is laying on the stage floor singing. haha I'm going to see her in May and I cannot wait!! The whole point is to GO SEE FLEETWOOD MAC before they retire or anything happens to any one of them. Enjoy them for choosing to be on the road for their true fans
Well said that is how I feel and unfortunately i feel this is there last tour i dont want it to be and hope it isn't and maybe a new cd on the way too but if this is there last tour i am glad to say i saw there last tour and its my 21 st concert of fleetwood mac's and stevie's since 1986.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I think this thread was simply started to kick up dust. Scoop, go get a hobby.
of course it was. Just like the first one about the set list.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Kicking? He's kicked her? I thought he just slapped her around a bit. I am shocked by this allegation.
How weird is this with the whole Rihanna/Chris Brown thing? Lindsey threw Stevie over a car and **** and women are still dressing up like Stevie and practically salivating under his mic every night....and Chris Brown is being thrown to the wolves. I'm not saying it's in the same ballpark, but it's similiar.

whatever. i digress.

I agree with Louis.....Stevie's a bore. Lackluster to the max. I thought Soundstage was dreadful and lacked flair and vocals.