Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:57 AM
Ledgie

Default Stevie was awful tonight *spoilers*

Seriously, it's time for her to retire. She put in absolutely no effort on any of the songs except for maybe "storms". Her eyes were half shut for most of the night and she put zero energy into any part of her performances. I was almost embarrassed for her. Her twirls during "stand back" were geriatric and as mentioned by someone else, had absolutely no chemistry with lindsey tonight. The guys in the band were great however and I don't want to take anything away from them. Stevie's performance tonight made her syw tour performances look like the mirage tour. Yes, she was that bad. What a disappointment. As someone that I bumped into at my hotel mentioned about it, she simply has no more energy or enthusiasm left for this. She really should stop performing after this tour.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScoop View Post
Seriously, it's time for her to retire. She put in absolutely no effort on any of the songs except for maybe "storms". Her eyes were half shut for most of the night and she put zero energy into any part of her performances. I was almost embarrassed for her. Her twirls during "stand back" were geriatric and as mentioned by someone else, had absolutely no chemistry with lindsey tonight. The guys in the band were great however and I don't want to take anything away from them. Stevie's performance tonight made her syw tour performances look like the mirage tour. Yes, she was that bad. What a disappointment. As someone that I bumped into at my hotel mentioned about it, she simply has no more energy or enthusiasm left for this. She really should stop performing after this tour.
Shes sixty....

She always SUCKS the first night of a tour, especially with Fleetwood Mac. Shes nervous, shes not used to the set, blah blah blah. I mean, its a pattern. Once she does more dates she will get into it. Plus, whatever happened to your set list....Angel? Blue Letter? Say you will? You were full of sh*t.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You've been on here for a month, and your "setlist" was bogus...so take your scoop and troll another Mac forum.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seriously, it's time for her to retire.
Well Scoop, I didn't attend tonights show but it was opening night!
Give her a chance.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:38 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post
You've been on here for a month, and your "setlist" was bogus...so take your scoop and troll another Mac forum.
Actually I've been on here since 2003, and the "preliminary" setlist that was given to me featured most of the songs that were performed tonight. However, Getting back to the topic at hand, she did not seem nervous at all. She smiled a lot and seemed quite comfortable on stage. Perhaps too comfortable. Overall it was just a lazy performance and she had zero enthusiasm for what she was doing. Alicelover, I have seen this woman perform for over 25 years and I have seen well over 50 shows. Trust me when I say "she ain't got it no more". Yes, she is 60 and perhaps her age is taking it's toll on her. But after what I saw tonight, I can honestly say she no longer has any business being on a rock and roll stage.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually I've been on here since 2003, and the "preliminary" setlist that was given to me featured most of the songs that were performed tonight. However, Getting back to the topic at hand, she did not seem nervous at all. She smiled a lot and seemed quite comfortable on stage. Perhaps too comfortable. Overall it was just a lazy performance and she had zero enthusiasm for what she was doing. Alicelover, I have seen this woman perform for over 25 years and I have seen well over 50 shows. Trust me when I say "she ain't got it no more". Yes, she is 60 and perhaps her age is taking it's toll on her. But after what I saw tonight, I can honestly say she no longer has any business being on a rock and roll stage.
Since your "preliminary" setlist was handwritten by yourself on the same day you posted it, since you were the one who made it up, then no, i'm not going to trust you about anything.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:45 AM
Registered

Maybe she was worried and anxious about that big first flight with the rest of the band on the teeny-weeny G4? Pittsburgh to Minneapolis is enough to jangle any gypsy's nerves!

But, seriously, she's a professional entertainer. She doesn't necessarily have to like the job she's been charged with as long as the fans are happy, does she?

Last edited by LukeA; 03-02-2009 at 03:47 AM..
Old 03-02-2009, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The truth is that La Nicks has been wildly erratic in her performances with Fleetwood Mac and to an extent her solo shows since the mid 1970s .If past tours are any indication she will be great at some shows and bad at other ones ..and I have been going to shows since 1979.As for "The Scoop" being a troll my trollometer is over in the red again.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Trolls, you can't a have a forum without 'em
Old 03-02-2009, 04:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One of the funny things about concerts is that some people will hate them and some people at the same concert will think its the best concert ever.

I remember going to see Bob Dylan (who is notorious for being erratic in his concert quality) and coming away thinking it was absolutely fantastic. My manager's father-in-law went and he agreed with me. However just about everyone else I spoke to thought it was a terrible concert.

I also remember going to a BB King concert and coming away heard one lady say to her friend "I wish he'd played more blues". I mean what else does BB King play?????

Concert going is very much a personal thing. Reviews are pointless other than to give a set-listing and a few factual details...
Old 03-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I actually agree... it's time for Stevie to throw in the towel. She sounds flat, nasally, and awful. She has terrible control of the projection of her voice, she always seems to be off key, and she has ceased giving passionate or even active performances. I really, really love her... but it's time for her to give it up.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I actually agree... it's time for Stevie to throw in the towel. She sounds flat, nasally, and awful. She has terrible control of the projection of her voice, she always seems to be off key, and she has ceased giving passionate or even active performances. I really, really love her... but it's time for her to give it up.
Hmm...I take it you aren't a Bob Dylan fan or this wouldn't bother you
Old 03-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
She sounds flat, nasally, and awful
She sounds very different from in the old days granted, some songs suit her better now than others. She does seem to avoid going for certain high notes - but always has - go and find a 1981 live show of 'edge or somthing and she will miss out the high notes even then.

On a different note, I have NEVER seen Fleetwood Mac live, I was only born in 1984, and I don't live in USA, I'm going to avoid reading bad reviews in the furure I think becasue I don't want to be put off going if they come to UK.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am sure stevie was awesome last night and the rest of the band as well I am so excited about the tour coming to mohegan sun in connecticut can't wait.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
I don't want to cause an argument, but I would like to voice my opinion... LOL She has done this for how long? Could you have a career like her's? Nope. She has toured how many times? Could you do that? no. She was nervous, I am sure. Wouldn't you be? YES. Have you ever done anything that comes close to her? Are you a living Legend? Have you sold MILLIONS of albums? No, no, and no. So, until you stand infront of THOUSANDS of people and try to give the best performane you can at 60 years old, be kind. She may be at a point where retirement is a good idea, but she is Stevie Nicks. She will do this until she can no longer walk. My point: don't judge her on this performance. Give her a little time. I appreciate reading your review of it, though. I am sure she was a bit of a mess last night. Do you think she may have had some nerve medication (to explain the partially shut eyes?)