Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Ledgie

Default Tusk Doc and '82 Mirage L.A. Concert DVD

Hey everyone,
I found the Tusk Tour Documentary for sale on a website called ioffer.com
It's similar to ebay. I ordered it on Thursday and received it on Saturday. Price was 15.98 including shipping. The Tusk Doc is only the Doc itself. Quality is pretty good. Not perfect but good.
For that price it also includes the '82 Mirage concert from the L.A. Forum. Quality on that is really good. So if anyone needs these, you can get them together for a very cheap price. I was worried about the quality because it seemed too good to be true, but it turned out to be a steal. And I received it in 2 days. Just type in "Fleetwood Mac Tusk Tour Documentary" on ioffer.com. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You paid $16 for the Tusk doc & Mirage concert??
Next time, just ask on here. There's so many people (including myself) that are willing to help you out for much, much less.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Ledgie

Well I wish I had known that. I was having trouble downloading the Tusk Doc from Throwndown so I figure I'd get a cheap copy. Although, I wouldn't mind a better copy that also includes the outtakes on it. If you or anybody could help me out with that I would gladly take care of postage or anything else.
Anyone??? Beuller???
Old 08-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
You paid $16 for the Tusk doc & Mirage concert??
Next time, just ask on here. There's so many people (including myself) that are willing to help you out for much, much less.
Or for free!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Or for free!
Agreed! I have a great 2nd generation copy of the Tusk Documentary that I received back in 2000. When the DVD popped up on eBay I immidiately grabbed it but was very disappointed - the sound is in MONO!!!

I've since downloaded a few torrents of the DVD and the sound issue remains. One of these days very soon I need to convert my copy (with excellent sound) to a new DVD version and post it for everyone. To this day, this documentary rocks my home theater!

Now that I'm thinking about it, I have a very rare complete live performance of the Mac on the Tusk Tour in 1979 (Largo Maryland, I believe) 2+ hours long! I need to get that one on DVD too...
Old 08-05-2009, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodguy79 View Post
Agreed! I have a great 2nd generation copy of the Tusk Documentary that I received back in 2000. When the DVD popped up on eBay I immidiately grabbed it but was very disappointed - the sound is in MONO!!!

I've since downloaded a few torrents of the DVD and the sound issue remains. One of these days very soon I need to convert my copy (with excellent sound) to a new DVD version and post it for everyone. To this day, this documentary rocks my home theater!

Now that I'm thinking about it, I have a very rare complete live performance of the Mac on the Tusk Tour in 1979 (Largo Maryland, I believe) 2+ hours long! I need to get that one on DVD too...

You certainly do! That sounds awesome!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Does anyone have a good quality audio version of the Mirage concert they would like to share? I ripped one from my DVD but the sound isn't too good.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

ok this might be o.c.d. to the extreame but i can remember back in the early 90's i had
ordered the mirage tour video and stevie's ''i can't wait'' video collection directly thru a
local video store and i got brand new factory sealed copies of both videos which i still have
to this day. They are no longer factory sealed of course but i do remember when i got them
i made ''safety'' copies of both. and the originals stayed in their box because i knew if
anything happened to them i'd never get them back. Recently i took out the original mirage
tour vhs and put it on dvd in full stereo. I must admit it looks and sounds great.

A few years later i was very lucky to find the original tusk documentary vhs in of all places
a little mom and pop video store. I rented the video and it looked brand new and yes it
was the original warner bros box and videocassette. I knew i had gold in my hand so i did
what any fleetwood mac fan would do..i went out and bought 3 of the highest quality
FUGI blank vhs tapes and made 3 1st generation copies. 2 of them have never been
played except for long term storage reasons. Both vcr's that i used to copy the videos
were (at that time) 4 head hi-fi- sony stereo vcr's. So the newest editions to my dvd
collections are the mirage tour (from the original vhs) and a 1st generation copy of the
tusk documentary.
And just a note to the person about the sound on the tusk documentary..I played the
original vhs of it and it was not recorded in stereo on the original vhs.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nh View Post
And just a note to the person about the sound on the tusk documentary..I played the
original vhs of it and it was not recorded in stereo on the original vhs.
The Tusk Documentary Original VHS is in stereo, it's just not HiFi stereo.