User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Can someone download this and tell me what performance this version of GDW is from? I can't place it... and it's been bugging me awhile. The only label it came with is what the file is called "jim ladd interview". Where its from I have no idea, but it sounds like an intimate location - maybe it's from the whiskey??

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...Y0BH5V54I3T9WC
Peter, my guess is that's either Storytellers (I think it is) or the rehearsal audio that Jim Ladd played when he broadcast his 1998 Innerview with her. (He also played After the Glitter Fades.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
David you seriously have to make a lit of the concert tapes you have and send it to me. No one trades anymore...plus ive been dying forever to peek into your collection!
I used to have a list, but those days are long past, Jimmy. I am ancient in my ignorance & folly. Plus, I'm throwing out all my tapes. I hate & fear all that stuff now; in Baudelaire's phrase, "I have felt the wind of the wing of madness."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-31-2006, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Peter, my guess is that's either Storytellers (I think it is) or the rehearsal audio that Jim Ladd played when he broadcast his 1998 Innerview with her. (He also played After the Glitter Fades.)
Thanks David.. I'll compare it to the storytellers I have. Which I just did and it's not there so it must be the rehearsal audio from Storytellers??.. It's not on the disc of have of the broadcast.

Last edited by MacMan; 03-31-2006 at 10:27 PM..
Old 03-31-2006, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Thanks David.. I'll compare it to the storytellers I have. Which I just did and it's not there so it must be the rehearsal audio from Storytellers??.. It's not on the disc of have of the broadcast.
No no no no no no no, Peter. I don't mean rehearsal from Storytellers. I mean the rehearsal for the Enchanted Tour. Don't you remember that Jim Ladd's 1998 interview with Stevie featured two rehearsal songs: After Glitter Fades & GDW?

But I just don't think it's that, either. It's her solo band. Hmmm...it's gotta be that tour rehearsal. What else would it be? There were five or six tracks broadcast for the 2001 show in San Francisco, but I don't remember GDW being one of them. Besides, that wasn't a small crowd. This is a small crowd. Are you sure it isn't storytellers?

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 03-31-2006 at 11:46 PM..
Old 04-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
No no no no no no no, Peter. I don't mean rehearsal from Storytellers. I mean the rehearsal for the Enchanted Tour. Don't you remember that Jim Ladd's 1998 interview with Stevie featured two rehearsal songs: After Glitter Fades & GDW?

But I just don't think it's that, either. It's her solo band. Hmmm...it's gotta be that tour rehearsal. What else would it be? There were five or six tracks broadcast for the 2001 show in San Francisco, but I don't remember GDW being one of them. Besides, that wasn't a small crowd. This is a small crowd. Are you sure it isn't storytellers?
Just checked my Jim Ladd 98 interview disc and that's exactly what it's from - Jim says it's from the last night of rehearsals - except the version on my disc sounds slowed down, this one is much better... After The Glitter Fades is there too. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I used to have a list, but those days are long past, Jimmy. I am ancient in my ignorance & folly. Plus, I'm throwing out all my tapes. I hate & fear all that stuff now; in Baudelaire's phrase, "I have felt the wind of the wing of madness."
Why on Earth would you throw away all your tapes when you could send them to someone to transfer to CD and get better copies. You've said yourself you've traded for a while. Im sure the ones you have are better than what we have now.

CMONNNNNNNNNN
Old 04-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Two different things here, strand. There's the December 5, 1977, show in Tokyo at the Budokan--Lindsey still shaggy. And there's the August 1978 Landover show--Lindsey cut off his shag (one year before the Tusk Tour).

I still call the 1978 tour like the 'extension' of the Rumours Tour. It would be a logistical mistake to consider it the Tusk Tour (which was still 14 months away).
I seem to remember they dubbed it the Penguin country summer safari. Am I right?
Old 04-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
and to think I lived not an hour from there and did not go
Yeah, and dammit! you were old enough! I wasnt!
Old 04-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the legacy tourdates are incomplete. Mac played New Orleans last. I saw a little bit of the video once a long time ago at Rob's apartment.
Boy, your knowledge of the facts never ceases to amaze me.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
Why on Earth would you throw away all your tapes when you could send them to someone to transfer to CD and get better copies. You've said yourself you've traded for a while. Im sure the ones you have are better than what we have now.
I don't think so, Jimmy. I think everybody has all this stuff by now.
Quote:
CMONNNNNNNNNN
well, I gave batches to some guys, like Mike & Brian, so they did some converting. But converting stuff isn't easy or quick, & how much can any one person do?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think so, Jimmy. I think everybody has all this stuff by now.
well, I gave batches to some guys, like Mike & Brian, so they did some converting. But converting stuff isn't easy or quick, & how much can any one person do?
Lisa (inspiredangel) has been doing it for over ayear. Check out her site she has tons of rare stuff from overseas.