Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Not Going Home

Have you guys heard the song "Not Going Home" by Sun,Sun,Sun? I've always thought Fleetwood Mac took a bit of a turn after Tusk. I mean, Mirage has a drastically different sound than Tusk did. I had never heard of Sun,Sun,Sun before and I don't know if they list Fleetwood Mac as an influence but this song sounds a lot like a modern song along the lines of the Tusk sound of FM. The general feel reminds me of one of Christine's songs, except that some of the lyrics are a bit edgy. It's a new song, so I can't provide a link to it, but if you are on itunes you can sample it, and buy it for a buck. If anyone takes the chance, or has already heard the song, let me know if you agree.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces
Have you guys heard the song "Not Going Home" by Sun,Sun,Sun? I've always thought Fleetwood Mac took a bit of a turn after Tusk. I mean, Mirage has a drastically different sound than Tusk did. I had never heard of Sun,Sun,Sun before and I don't know if they list Fleetwood Mac as an influence but this song sounds a lot like a modern song along the lines of the Tusk sound of FM. The general feel reminds me of one of Christine's songs, except that some of the lyrics are a bit edgy. It's a new song, so I can't provide a link to it, but if you are on itunes you can sample it, and buy it for a buck. If anyone takes the chance, or has already heard the song, let me know if you agree.
Actually, Sun, Sun, Sun is the album title. The band is The Elected - a sort of side project for Rilo Kiley guitarist Blake Sennett (whom others may remember as Pinsky on the Nickelodeon show Salute Your Shorts back in the early 90s).

As a bonus, you can listen to "Not Going Home" in its entirety on The Elected's website: http://www.theelected.com/sunsunsun/index.html?1

It does sound a bit like Tusk-era Mac, at least in the drumwork and in some of the vocal effects. (The other track available for streaming - "Fireflies at the Steel Mill" - is even better, I think. It's like a slightly more uplifting Elliott Smith track.)

Last edited by Jyqm; 04-20-2006 at 04:01 AM..
Old 04-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Definitely similar in the workings of the vocal harmonies. Otherwise I don't really hear it.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
Actually, Sun, Sun, Sun is the album title. The band is The Elected - a sort of side project for Rilo Kiley guitarist Blake Sennett (whom others may remember as Pinsky on the Nickelodeon show Salute Your Shorts back in the early 90s).
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm still getting used to how this iPod thingy lists the song titles and artists. LOL!
Old 04-21-2006, 04:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm still getting used to how this iPod thingy lists the song titles and artists. LOL!
No problem! At any rate, The Elected are definitely a band worth checking out. I imagine some folks around here would like them quite a bit if they gave a listen.