Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Gypsy cover by Home

Hi guys. Does anyone have the Fleetwood Mac cover CD called Patron Saints of Pop An Apostilary Homage. It's an amazing CD with a bunch of punk and emo bands doing covers. There is a great version of Gypsy on there and I would be thrilled if anyone here has it if they could put it up on YouSendIt for me. I used to have this CD but I have no idea what happened to it over the past few years. I would also really like the cover of Albatross but Gypsy is my main concern. It was done by a band called Home.

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces
Hi guys. Does anyone have the Fleetwood Mac cover CD called Patron Saints of Pop An Apostilary Homage. It's an amazing CD with a bunch of punk and emo bands doing covers. There is a great version of Gypsy on there and I would be thrilled if anyone here has it if they could put it up on YouSendIt for me. I used to have this CD but I have no idea what happened to it over the past few years. I would also really like the cover of Albatross but Gypsy is my main concern. It was done by a band called Home.

Thanks ahead of time.
I'm sure I've got this CD in storage back in the US somewhere, but I'm afraid I don't have any of the songs with me right now. I do remember it being a very interesting CD, though, with some pretty cool performances of a lot of great Mac songs. Much better than that awful Legacy, at any rate.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have that. It's my favorite Fleetwood Mac CD. But I don't think I can post those songs because the CD might still be in print. You'd have to ask themoderators.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I have that. It's my favorite Fleetwood Mac CD. But I don't think I can post those songs because the CD might still be in print.
I very much doubt that, I think you can feel free to post, David.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
I very much doubt that, I think you can feel free to post, David.
Okay, here goes:

Dust by $50 Bucks
http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...B3CCS76YLX2KWW

Gold Dust Woman by Spitoon
http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...022A1H1RJADSRI

Gypsy by Home
http://download.yousendit.com/CEC704901985AFF3

Tusk by Jumbo
http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...M0E46K44SHOVM9

Walk a Thin Line by Reservoir
http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...J0FQKKK9MPRRK3

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have it! It came out in 1997. The song selection is very interesting:

The Chain
Dust
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Gypsy
Tusk
Walk A Thin Line
Hypnotized
Never Make Me Cry
Go Your Own Way
Gold Dust Woman
That's All For Everyone
Albatross
Old 04-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, here goes:
Gypsy by Home
http://download.yousendit.com/CEC704901985AFF3
Thanks for posting. It was interesting to listen to this version...once.
I don't know too much about pschoacoustics, but my sense is that this audio track would be an excellent sonic weapon: non-lethal, but inducing depression, nausea, and lethargy.

Dare I listen ot the others?
Old 04-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Man, that was bad Sounded like "The Ledgies" at a karaoke. Thanks for posting though.

Old 04-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

David, I love you!!! Thank you so much. The CD is out of print. I couldn't even find a used copy at Amoeba here in LA, nor on Ebay, and that is saying something. Plus, I did actually purchase it at some point, I just have no idea what ever happened to it.

ragandbone, your little capsulized review made me laugh. Keep in mind, this version of Gypsy is what is known as Emo. The point of Emo music is to be a pure output of emotion, without regard to key, pitch or tempo. I think it was a direct rebellion of the over processed computer-driven faux perfection of modern pop music. Sure, it's not pretty, but in a way it's beautiful. Whenever I sing Gypsy I always do the "She was just a wish, she was just... a wish" the same way Home does it in this cover. I just really love the way they sing that line.

I also always giggle at the part right before that, after the bridge, where they all go "she is dancing awa-a-a-y from you now" and they all really stretch to find the note. it reminds me of Lucy doing the Queen of the Gypsies operetta and trying to find the first note of the song. LOL!

David, thank you again so much. You've made a very happy boy in LA tonight.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ragandbone, your little capsulized review made me laugh. Keep in mind, this version of Gypsy is what is known as Emo. The point of Emo music is to be a pure output of emotion, without regard to key, pitch or tempo. I think it was a direct rebellion of the over processed computer-driven faux perfection of modern pop music. Sure, it's not pretty, but in a way it's beautiful. Whenever I sing Gypsy I always do the "She was just a wish, she was just... a wish" the same way Home does it in this cover. I just really love the way they sing that line.
Yeah, I am familiar with Emo..well, I should say I am only familiar with the short version of the history of the genre, as it is probably clear that I never really got into it, even thogh it was happening while I worked in an indie record store. If I had listened to more of the bands prior to hearing this track, I might like it better. I really liked a couple of the bands who get cited as Emo influences: Fugazi, and Husker Du (great live!) I was sort of in the middle of a return-to-goth phase (with it's own slit-your-wrist tunes) during the middle of the Emo wave. If you are an Emo fan, I didn't mean to insult you - hope I didn't.
I am venturing inot the other tracks David posted now.