The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > The Penguin > Q&A Discussions

Old 08-29-2001, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I generally agree with a lot of the suggestions posted so far. I would keep only Silver Springs from the Dance video. I would try to find an earlier version of Landslide. I would add Songbird from Mirage. I had thought of Over My Head when I posted yesterday, but I didn't see it in the vault except for the Dance version. This was the band's first U.S. hit single. If any version other than the Dance version can be found, I think it should be included. I would also like to see both the Everywhere and Love Shines concept videos included. I love both songs and the videos are both certainly pretty rare. I also think Peter Green's version of Oh Well should be included. If it weren't for Peter Green, there would be no Fleetwood Mac and this website would not exist. Also, something from the Bob Welch era would be nice too. I believe there might be a version of Hypnotized on the 1975 concert film, even though Lindsey sings it. I have a tape from 1975 and it is the last song on the video. This could be used if something with Bob Welch can't be found in the vault.
Old 08-29-2001, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default UC Santa Barbara

I was at that UCSB show that they filmed...if I remember correctly (we're going on major memory taxation here) this is what they played (this is CLOSE to the actual running order):

Sunny Side Of Heaven
Station Man
Spare Me A Little
Rhiannon
Why
Landslide
Over My Head
Oh Well
I'm So Afraid
Green Manalishi
Go Your Own Way (remember folks, this was filmed May 1976!!!)
World Turning
Blue Letter

(encores)
Rattlesnake Shake (I seem to remember them playing this, but I could be wrong)
Don't Let Me Down Again
Hypnotized
Old 08-29-2001, 04:15 PM
Gypsyblue

It'd would be nice to get a earlier performance's of Rhiannon on there. May be from the 1976 show???
Old 08-29-2001, 05:57 PM
Ledgie

Default dvd thoughts

I really like the choices for the live footage. I would include the Grammys of '78 in the list. I would leave out the dance stuff only because we've seen it lately. I really don't understand having videos on list unless they are playing live on them. I would instead, use the promos and talk show clips etc. as filler inbetween the live stuff. But regardless, I would really like to see the grammys of '78 on the list..... would be nice to see Lindsey do Oh Well.....
Old 08-29-2001, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Hi, everyone!

Hi Lori,

Quote:
Originally posted by Lori
One more thought: I see on the vault list this entry: 20th Grammy Awards '78 (03:30). I'm assuming that this is whatever song the group performed on the Grammy awards show, but does anyone know what song it was?
I'm not 100% positive here, but I'm fairly sure that they didn't actually perform at the '78 Grammys. They were there in the audience and all went up on stage to collect their awards. But I think the footage is just of them collecting their awards and not of a performance.

About the Over My Head footage you were asking about -- "Rosebud" is my best guess, but I'm not sure. Also, you're right, there was no concept video made for "Love in Store." As far as I know, the only video footage of that song that is available is on the Mirage concert.

Last edited by Les; 08-29-2001 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2001, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi,

I don't know about you, but there were some periods today where the Ledge wasn't accessible to me. That cut down on the time I had to see what was going on here and to try to answer a few questions a little earlier in the day. So what I'd like to do is give those of you who are working on lists until tomorrow early afternoon (Thursday 8/30) to post your complete list for the final vote. The lists must be complete. I'll collect the final lists by 10:00am PST (that's 1pm EST). Then I'll post the final vote tomorrow afternoon/evening.

In the event that there are more than two challenger lists to go in the final vote . . . I just suggest that you post your lists tonight or as early as you can tomorrow to see how many potential challenger lists there are and then, if need be, negotiate with each other about which two you'd like to be placed in the final vote.

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-30-2001, 04:30 AM
Ledgie

ahh it's 4:20Am... HA

anyways.. I was going to through the list again and was trying to figure out some more song changes and placement of songs.

1. Oh Well (either Rumours era at Remote @UCSB or Peter Green era...preferably Peter Green)
2. Black Magic Woman(there was a performance filmed, I think, in Sweden back in 1969. So maybe this could be a possibility but it's not listed on the Vault list)
3. Why (Capitol Center 1975) 3:45
4. Station Man (Capitol Center 1975) 4:00
5. Over my Head (Remote @ UCSB..only going on from what I read about chiliD posted)
6. Landslide(possibly from Japan or the clip they showed in the GOing Home Documentary where somone gives her a flower at the end of the song)
7. Rhiannon (Rosebud) 6:52
8. Say You Love Me (Rosebud) 3:55
9. I'm So Afraid (Rosebud) 5:02
10. World Turning (Midnight Special) 6:00
11. Go Your Own Way (Rosebud or maybe from Japan)
12. Dreams (Paris promo) 4:19
13. You Make Loving Fun (Japan) 3:45
14. The Chain (Mirage concert) 5:45
15. Tusk (video) 3:30
16. Sara (Tusk Doc) 4:08
17. Sisters of the Moon (MIrage) 7:45
18. Hold Me (Video) 3:57
19. Gypsy(video) 4:12
20. Eyes of the World (MIrage concert) 3:45
21. Little Lies(video) 3:34
22. Seven Wonders (video)
23. big Love (video) 3:57
24. Everywhere (video) 3:41
25. As Long As You Follow(Video) 4:07
26. Save Me (video) 4:14
27. Skies the Limit(video)3:42
28. Paper Doll (video) 3:56
29. Love Shines (video) 4:10
30. Silver Springs(Wetten Das 1/23/98)
31. Don't Stop (Brit Awards 1998) 4:00

Then I was thinking, there is most of the Rosebud flim in this list.
So how about releasing the Capitol Center 1975, Remote@UCSB and the Rosebud 1976 films together on one DVD. Just my thinking. But then again, it would be nice to have previews to them on this one compilation and maybe Warner Bros could release all the live concerts in FULL!

Oh and I was thinking about ending the compilation with Songbird or Blue Letter or Hypnotized.

that's all for me!

-April
Old 08-30-2001, 06:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The last list from Little Queenie is nearly perfect. The only thing I would change would be to replace Black Magic Woman since it is probably not available with Hypnotized either from 1975 Capital Center or 1976 UCSB and then add in Songbird from Mirage at the end.

Last edited by macfan 57; 08-30-2001 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-30-2001, 07:45 AM
Ledgie

Smile

Hello this is the list that we came up with. Hope it's good!

1. Albatross
2. Why (Capital Center ‘75 Concert) ~3:45
3. Station Man (Capital Center ’75 Concert) ~4:00
4. Rhiannon (Rosebud) 6:52
5. I’m So Afraid (Rosebud) 5:02
6. Say You Love Me (Rosebud) 3:55
7. Monday Morning (Japan)
8. World Turning (Midnight Special) ~6:00?
9. Go Your Own Way (Rosebud) 3:32
10. Dreams (Paris Promo) 4:19
11. You Make Loving Fun (Japan) 3:45
12. Gold dust woman (3 reels)
13. The Chain (Mirage Concert) 5:45
14. Tusk (video) 3:30
15. Sara (Tusk Doc) 4:08
16. Not That Funny (Tusk Doc) 2:10
17. Sisters of the Moon (Mirage) 7:45
18. Hold Me (video) 3:57
19. Gypsy (video) 4:12
20. Eyes of the World (Mirage) 3:45
21. Oh Diane (billed on the list as The FM story")
22. Little Lies (video) 3:34
23. Seven Wonders (video) 3:38
24. Big Love (video) 3:57
25. As Long As You Follow (video) 4:07
26. In The Back Of My Mind (video)
27. Skies the Limit (video) 3:42
28. Paper Doll (video) 3:56
29. Love Shines (video) 4:10
30. Silver Springs (Dance) 5:45
31. Don’t Stop (The Brits) ~4:00

We are hoping that the live Tusk and Mirage concerts will be released on DVD, but we are not too optimistic at this point. We were hoping that if friends of people saw this than they would get interested in the live clips and then maybe somewhere down the line they would be released on DVD. And then everyone could have a good, crisp, clear copy.
Old 08-30-2001, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile list

OK Les, this is a list put together by me and Brian (d2brian). We hope you and everybody like it:

1. Oh well (video comp reel)
2. Station man (Capitol center ‘75)
3. Hypnotized (Capitol center ‘75)
4. Over my head (remote @ UC Santa Barbara)
5. Rhiannon (Midnight special)
6. World turning (Midnight special)*
7. Say you love me (Rosebud)
8. I’m so afraid) (Rosebud)
9. Dreams (Paris promo)
10. You make loving fun (Japan)
11. The chain (Tusk doc)
12. Tusk (music video)
13. Sara (Tusk doc)
14. Not that funny (Mirage (“Live in LA/Visible time code)
15. Sisters of the moon (Mirage (“Live in LA/Visible time code”)
16. Hold me (music video)
17. Gypsy (music video)
18. Big love (music video)
19. Seven wonders (music video)
20. Little lies (music video)
21. Everywhere (music video)
22. As long as you follow (music video)
23. (I loved) Another woman (from “Tango in the night” video tape)
24. Save me (music video)
25. Skies the limit (music video)
26. In the back of my mind (music video)
27. Paper doll (music video)
28. Love shines (music video)
29. Silver springs (Dance)*
30. Go your own way (Brit awards)
31. Don’t stop (Brit awards)
32. (or “special features”): “TV ads”

The *ed items would be our choices for the first to be “axed” if there is not enough time available on the disc. ("Silver springs" would go first)

We thought the “TV ads” that are on the vault list would make a nice “special feature” (to be put on that section of the disc) to see what Warners had put together to promote some of the releases over the years, sort of like a trailer on a movie DVD.

We just went by the most chronological that we could in so far as how the “hits” were released with obvious exceptions (such as the Brit awards stuff as this was the “reunion” time as it’s impossible for any band that has reunions to remain truly chronological if they put together a collection like this in this “best of” format anyways. The order can always be swapped around if necessary, we are OK about that.

The songwriting breakdown is as follows:

Green: 1 1/2 (1/2 being Vito’s cover of “(I loved) Another woman”)
Burnette: 1
Kirwan: 1 (well, 1/2 really as “Station man” is performed by the BN lineup. There’s simply no Kirwan led footage on that list unfortunately)
Welch: 1 (well 1/2 really as “Hypnotized” is performed by the BN lineup. There’s simply no Welch era footage on that list unfortunately)
Vito: (none, but let’s say 1/2 because of his “representation performance” with “(I loved) Another woman”)
Buckingham: 8 1/2 (1/2 being “World turning”, the full figures include “Station man”, “Hypnotized” & “The chain” as him on “lead”)
Nicks: 8
Mcvie: 11 1/2 (1/2 being “World turning”)

Of course this would be if it stands the way it is, it would have to be added (or subtracted) accordingly due to time restrictions.

For those that like the idea of “duplication” of “run of the mill” stuff, on this list, there would be 2 from Tusk doc, 2 from Mirage tape (though I hope by utilizing these clips from the “Visible time code” footage that these may be uncut (as to me it certainly seems like there are quite poor, obvious edits in “Sisters...” & “Not that funny” on the Mirage tapes that appeared in the stores. Maybe I’m wrong but at least there would be a chance
that those clips may be unedited. I agree that it would be a “bummer” if there was a little clock up in the corner (or whatever seems to be the assumption of what is on the footage
in this regard) but surely Ken can remove that as I’ve seen bootleg copies of Rosebud etc. where the bootleggers managed to remove the credits from the screen so if they can do
that, I’m confident that Ken can remove the clocks) one from “Tango...” and “Silver springs” from the Dance if something HAS to stay on from that but we would hope this would be
voted off and/or as we say, we would consider this “first to be axed” if the running time is too long (given the length of “Sisters...” & “Not that funny”) and with the Brits stuff being there those who want 1997 “era” stuff they would have it in the form of those 2 Brits performances (3 if “Silver springs” is left on)..

As for the rest, There are 2 from Midnight special, 2 from Rosebud, 2 from Capitol center ‘75 and one each elsewhere so it would be more spread out and varied this way too.

As far as the videos, it looks like this would be the most we could get, for those who wanted a "complete videos collection" anyways, it pretty much covers all the “essential” non “redundant” ones (unlike “Family man” etc.)

We are more confident than some others seem to be that Tusk & Tango will and/or can be released on DVD in the future if all goes well on this original project, we also feel positive that the rights to the Mirage tape could be worked out by the relevant parties in the future for disc release as well and therefore we certainly hope (that by agreeing to popular demand of having some of this material on our list for this release) that none of this such material is released on future discs other than in thier complete state as just discussed.

We think we've covered as many areas as possible here, hopefully you guys will think so to!

John (and Brian)

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 08-30-2001 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2001, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi April,

Great list! I hope my this doesn't seem too nit-picky, but I just need your list to be as complete as you can make it . . . . For this vote we need to eliminate the "maybes" from this list.

1. Oh Well (either Rumours era at Remote @UCSB or Peter Green era...preferably Peter Green)

Can I ask you to pick one specifically? If you want a Peter Green version, specify where it would come from on the vault list; Otherwise, I'll put the Rumours-era version in the vote.

2. Black Magic Woman(there was a performance filmed, I think, in Sweden back in 1969. So maybe this could be a possibility but it's not listed on the Vault list)

If it's not on the vault list, I don't know what are chances are for getting it on the DVD. I'll have to remove this from your list, unfortunately.

6. Landslide(possibly from Japan or the clip they showed in the GOing Home Documentary where somone gives her a flower at the end of the song)

I need you to pick one.

11. Go Your Own Way (Rosebud or maybe from Japan)

Pick one.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.
Old 08-30-2001, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Jo/Jensen,

Another great list! Like I said to April, I need the lists to be as complete as possible, so just one lingering question for you --

1. Albatross

Can you specificy from where in the vault list this would come?

Thanks to you too for putting time and effort in to this!
Old 08-30-2001, 12:27 PM
Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
Hi Jo/Jensen,

Another great list! Like I said to April, I need the lists to be as complete as possible, so just one lingering question for you --

1. Albatross

Can you specificy from where in the vault list this would come?

Thanks to you too for putting time and effort in to this!
Hi Les!

'Albatross' is listed under "Video Comp Reel".

The Video Comp Reel is listed right under the "Going Home" listing.
It is the sixth song listed under the first 'Video Comp Reel'.

We hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2001, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Perfect. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2001, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Alrighty...

We've got the original Option 1 list, a list from John & Brian, a list from Jo & Jensen. These are the complete lists at this point and will be in the final vote.

I still want to give April a little bit more time to respond . . . . I know I said I'd only take two challenger lists, but I'll take the third too if April gets back in the next few hours. I'll post the final vote tonight around 6pm (PST).