Old 03-27-2019, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Not true Steve. When I heard radio advertisements for FM's
concert they were using Lindsey's voice. For me, that
would be a clear misrepresentation. And I'm talking about
his songs.
And ticket websites frequently used old promo shoots which of course included Lindsey but no Mike or whatshisname

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Tina Turner was never inducted as a solo artist.

Madonna plays guitar.

Thanks for playing.
LOL Well, Madonna is as well known for her guitar playing as Stevie Nicks is for her piano playing. And you made no comment about the Supremes, who played no instrument. So no, one doesn't have to play a musical instrument to be in the RRHOF.

And button-lip, thank you for playing
Old 03-27-2019, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
LOL Well, Madonna is as well known for her guitar playing as Stevie Nicks is for her piano playing. And you made no comment about the Supremes, who played no instrument. So no, one doesn't have to play a musical instrument to be in the RRHOF.

And button-lip, thank you for playing
Nicks isn't known for her piano playing. At all. She even said she doesn't play piano. I always knew Madonna plays guitar. Maybe because is a bit more important in the music industry than Nicks.
Group efforts are not discussed here. The Supremes doesn't count. I also didn't mention The Temptations. Is different with groups.

As long as you have someone ready to PAY for your induction, you don't even need to distinguish the musical notes. That's why genuine ROCK women like Chrissie Hynde, Ann and Nancy Wilson, Tina Turner, and the list goes on and on and on, were never inducted as solo artists.

Coincidence that the same year she kicked Lindsey out of the band she was inducted as a solo artist? I don't think so.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
And ticket websites frequently used old promo shoots which of course included Lindsey but no Mike or whatshisname
ITunes still have a Rumours 5 pic. Seriously....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-27-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Nicks isn't known for her piano playing. At all. She even said she doesn't play piano. I always knew Madonna plays guitar. Maybe because is a bit more important in the music industry than Nicks.
Group efforts are not discussed here. The Supremes doesn't count. I also didn't mention The Temptations. Is different with groups.

As long as you have someone ready to PAY for your induction, you don't even need to distinguish the musical notes. That's why genuine ROCK women like Chrissie Hynde, Ann and Nancy Wilson, Tina Turner, and the list goes on and on and on, were never inducted as solo artists.

Coincidence that the same year she kicked Lindsey out of the band she was inducted as a solo artist? I don't think so.
It's hard for people to understand how corporations work. I'm glad you do. You are spot on.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Madonna is not known for her guitar playing, c'mon. But I agree she is definitely more important to the music industry than Stevie Nicks. Although Fleetwood Mac is more on par with Madonna, at least in importance to the music industry.

I'm not sure why you say groups don't count, or are different. Seems to me you're picking and choosing if you say the Supremes or Temptations can be inducted despite not playing a musical instrument, but Stevie shouldn't be. And Tina Turner will be inducted sometime, and I'm sure you'll be fine with that. The feeling I'm getting is you just hate Stevie, so that's why you brought up the instrument thing, as I'm sure you'll agree Tina should be inducted, despite not playing an instrument.

I wasn't aware Chrissie Hynde, Ann Wilson, or Nancy Wilson have released many solo albums, so I agree with you, it's not likely they'll ever be inducted for their solo work. The one significant thing about Steve being inducted as a solo artist is that the door will finally open for other women, including Diana Ross, even though she doesn't play an instrument, either. Or Cyndi Lauper, Belinda Carlisle, Florence Welch, Celine Dion, Gwen Stefani, Cher, and plenty of women who don't play an instrument, or aren't known for that. And I would include Madonna in that category. She may know how to play guitar, but that's not something she's well known for doing. To be clear, I'm not saying all the women I've listed deserve to be in the RRHOF, but there are a lot of women who are known primarily for their singing.

I don't really know how the RRHOF inductions work, but I'm sure you're right that, like every industry, money talks. Do you think Lindsey paid his share to be inducted with FM? And I really don't get what you mean by the significance of Stevie being inducted the same year FM fired Lindsey. It sounds like you're saying the music industry is rewarding her for that, which makes zero sense.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Madonna is not known for her guitar playing, c'mon. But I agree she is definitely more important to the music industry than Stevie Nicks. Although Fleetwood Mac is more on par with Madonna, at least in importance to the music industry.

I'm not sure why you say groups don't count, or are different. Seems to me you're picking and choosing if you say the Supremes or Temptations can be inducted despite not playing a musical instrument, but Stevie shouldn't be. And Tina Turner will be inducted sometime, and I'm sure you'll be fine with that. The feeling I'm getting is you just hate Stevie, so that's why you brought up the instrument thing, as I'm sure you'll agree Tina should be inducted, despite not playing an instrument.

I wasn't aware Chrissie Hynde, Ann Wilson, or Nancy Wilson have released many solo albums, so I agree with you, it's not likely they'll ever be inducted for their solo work. The one significant thing about Steve being inducted as a solo artist is that the door will finally open for other women, including Diana Ross, even though she doesn't play an instrument, either. Or Cyndi Lauper, Belinda Carlisle, Florence Welch, Celine Dion, Gwen Stefani, Cher, and plenty of women who don't play an instrument, or aren't known for that. And I would include Madonna in that category. She may know how to play guitar, but that's not something she's well known for doing. To be clear, I'm not saying all the women I've listed deserve to be in the RRHOF, but there are a lot of women who are known primarily for their singing.

I don't really know how the RRHOF inductions work, but I'm sure you're right that, like every industry, money talks. Do you think Lindsey paid his share to be inducted with FM? And I really don't get what you mean by the significance of Stevie being inducted the same year FM fired Lindsey. It sounds like you're saying the music industry is rewarding her for that, which makes zero sense.
Think about who the promoters and the people that run the industry need to keep happy and maybe it will click for you.

Please don't tell me you think all of these things happened in a vacuum.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Madonna is way more popular worldwide than FM. Many countries don't even know who Stevie Nicks is.

Groups are different because you're not examined individually. You can be inducted as part of a band because of one of your bandmates' effort. You're examined as a band, not as a solo singer or musician. Totally different.

Tina Turner should have been inducted..... but she hasn't yet. So why Stevie now? What have she done recently? No secret that I despise her, so what?

Many of those women deserve to be in the RRHOF, even before Stevie. And yet, here we are. If she's opening the door with her nasty behavior, I prefer for that door to be close for a long time.....

Why bring Lindsey up into the conversation when you have 3 more members in the band? If someone paid for FM to be in the RRHOF it was probably Mick or most likely Azoff, like he's doing now with Stevie. Mick is the boss, remember? Clearly Lindsey is no one. He was kicked out like an old dog.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's hard for people to understand how corporations work. I'm glad you do. You are spot on.
Crystal clear for those who are not dizzy by all the gold dust and the constant twirling....
Old 03-27-2019, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Think about who the promoters and the people that run the industry need to keep happy and maybe it will click for you.

Please don't tell me you think all of these things happened in a vacuum.
Wow, I never thought about it like that before, but you're right. Its ALWAYS about money.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Wow, I never thought about it like that before, but you're right. Its ALWAYS about money.
As Metallica would say, "Sad but true..."
Old 03-27-2019, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know... why IS $tevie being inducted???

$he put out two good albums, almost 40 years ago, and a ton of sh*t since then.

Who did $he pay off for this to happen? I'm 100% serious... WHY is $he being inducted???
Old 03-27-2019, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Not true Steve. When I heard radio advertisements for FM's
concert they were using Lindsey's voice. For me, that
would be a clear misrepresentation. And I'm talking about
his songs.
You mean Fleetwood Mac played a Fleetwood Mac song that Fleetwood Mac still plays during a Fleetwood Mac concert to promote a Fleetwood Mac tour???? Those bastards!!!

I remember in 1993 that “Don’t Stop” was used to promote Lindsey in the ads for the Tina Turner show.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-27-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You mean Fleetwood Mac played a Fleetwood Mac song that Fleetwood Mac still plays during a Fleetwood Mac concert to promote a Fleetwood Mac tour???? Those bastards!!!

I remember in 1993 that “Don’t Stop” was used to promote Lindsey in the ads for the Tina Turner show.
They used Don't Stop and Little Little LIes for the BuckVie shows.

Then Too Far Gone, Red Sun and something else...
Old 03-27-2019, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Groups are different because you're not examined individually. You can be inducted as part of a band because of one of your bandmates' effort. You're examined as a band, not as a solo singer or musician. Totally different.

Tina Turner should have been inducted..... but she hasn't yet. So why Stevie now? What have she done recently?

Why bring Lindsey up into the conversation when you have 3 more members in the band? If someone paid for FM to be in the RRHOF it was probably Mick or most likely Azoff, like he's doing now with Stevie. Mick is the boss, remember? Clearly Lindsey is no one. He was kicked out like an old dog.
No one in the Temptations or the Supremes played instruments... their recordings and live performances were with studio and backing musicians. The members only sang.

Tina Turner, like Stevie Nicks, doesn't play an instrument, but you say she should be inducted. I'm glad you said that, but that weakens your argument that Stevie shouldn't have been inducted because she doesn't play an instrument, if you have no problem with Tina being inducted.

I mentioned Lindsey because he was inducted with FM, and if you say people have to pay to be inducted, I figure Lindsey would have paid his fair share, too. Unless you think he doesn't understand how the music industry works, either? So, like the other members of FM, you must think Lindsey paid his way into the RRHOF, too. Just kidding. I really have no idea, but I'd like to think FM got in on merit alone.

I know we disagree, but I'm glad we can discuss this topic without getting nasty.