The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-04-2024, 09:21 AM

Arrow

I agree Lindsey Mirage is addicting. Don't like "Oh Diane" seems like it belongs on a solo album.

Love In Store is the coolest opener. From start to finish. Prove Your Love would have been great as a B side to Gypsy. That would have been a treat.
Old 01-04-2024, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I would take a Come A Little Bit Closer remake on Mirage compared to Prove Your Love. Both are fine but CALBC is better and can hear the Stevie/Lindsey harmonies better on that song.
Old 01-04-2024, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I learned that here from FuzzyPlum. When Jim Ladd died I was trying to find out if he ever interviewed Chris when she was solo. I found a very old thread here discussing a 1982 Mirage interview he did with the band. Supposedly Jim asked Chris if there was an older Mac tune that she would ever like to re-record again and she said Prove Your Love. I tried so hard to find the audio but it seems not to be on youtube. But if we can't trust Fuzzy, who can we trust? The Ledge is a wealth of Fleetwood Mac knowledge.
This has been doing my head in. For the life of me, I really can’t remember this. Maybe I did say it, but I just don’t remember
What was the thread????

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-04-2024, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
OK Book of Love i'll keep the others just don't grab me. FWIW I disliked his stuff on Tango too...Family Man is a nightmare that goes on far too long lol

--Lis
Book of Love and Eyes of the World are two of my all time favorite Lindsey songs, but Oh Diane and Empire State, I really hate.

Holiday Road would have been perfect on Mirage, especially with Christine and Stevie on backing vocals. I still can’t believe how poorly HR charted on Billboard, I mean I still hear it on the radio today.

And I totally agree about Family Man!
Old 01-05-2024, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Book of Love and Eyes of the World are two of my all time favorite Lindsey songs, but Oh Diane and Empire State, I really hate.

Holiday Road would have been perfect on Mirage, especially with Christine and Stevie on backing vocals. I still can’t believe how poorly HR charted on Billboard, I mean I still hear it on the radio today.
!
They could have Stevie doing the barking.
Old 01-05-2024, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They could have Stevie doing the barking.
Yes! And Stevie could have done the ‘love grunts’ in Big Love, too! But they probably would have sounded the same.
Old 01-05-2024, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Yes! And Stevie could have done the ‘love grunts’ in Big Love, too! But they probably would have sounded the same.
Like if a goat could bark, that's what it would be.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's interesting nobody mentioned The Dance version of Big Love. I remember when we saw the show the first time, everybody was amazed with Lindsey's guitar performance. Lot of discussions here at The Ledge about how he achieved those parallel guitar sounds. Was it his fabulous skills playing guitar? Was he helped with pre recorded sounds?

But with the passage of time many of us started to miss a Tango version of Big Love in their/his concerts. Something I think never occurred, even though we asked him for it at his social networks. So maybe we got tired of the Dance version? Still it was a great performance in 1997.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
It's interesting nobody mentioned The Dance version of Big Love. I remember when we saw the show the first time, everybody was amazed with Lindsey's guitar performance. Lot of discussions here at The Ledge about how he achieved those parallel guitar sounds. Was it his fabulous skills playing guitar? Was he helped with pre recorded sounds?

But with the passage of time many of us started to miss a Tango version of Big Love in their/his concerts. Something I think never occurred, even though we asked him for it at his social networks. So maybe we got tired of the Dance version? Still it was a great performance in 1997.
I was actually more impressed with his Go Insane version on the Dance. But both were stellar.
Old 01-05-2024, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

Yeah...I had deliberated including that but opted for NGBA. I think for those very reasons....the passage of time has dulled enthusiasm for it, though objectively it really is incredible. And something he'll probably be noted for for many years to come. There are countless Youtube clips of guitarists praising/analysing/dissecting Big Love live version.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-05-2024, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Like if a goat could bark, that's what it would be.
These analogies are starting to freak me out! Goats that bark- what next

When the goats start barking… you will know
Old 01-05-2024, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Goat Dust Woman
Old 01-05-2024, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She usually bleats. She only barks when the cocaine is in her downstairs.
Old 01-05-2024, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
This has been doing my head in. For the life of me, I really can’t remember this. Maybe I did say it, but I just don’t remember
What was the thread????
I am sorry. You get partial credit. I went back to find the thread. You were replying to Wayofthedragon but since it was your post your name stuck in my head. In any event you still deserve partial credit for the revelation. Its from 2015 and your post stuck in my head. In any event I like knowing Chris's admiration for Heroes songs because I think they are some of her best work. Its funny when Chris says her vocal on the song is horrible. Her opening singing I would imitate and drive my friends crazy duplicating her opening. Of course I did it much worse which was annoying. I did it to purposely be annoying. But I give Chris a pass.
Here is the link to the thread.
https://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/s...highlight=ladd

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-05-2024 at 07:13 PM..
Old 01-06-2024, 04:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am sorry. You get partial credit. I went back to find the thread. You were replying to Wayofthedragon but since it was your post your name stuck in my head. In any event you still deserve partial credit for the revelation. Its from 2015 and your post stuck in my head. In any event I like knowing Chris's admiration for Heroes songs because I think they are some of her best work. Its funny when Chris says her vocal on the song is horrible. Her opening singing I would imitate and drive my friends crazy duplicating her opening. Of course I did it much worse which was annoying. I did it to purposely be annoying. But I give Chris a pass.
Here is the link to the thread.
https://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/s...highlight=ladd
Awwww….thanks for that. That’s been annoying me. I’ve been searching interviews to find something I may have read or watched that would have prompted me to say something.
So she would have liked to have re-recorded Prove Your Love as she didn’t like the vocal. She would have liked to have done it with h the Rumours band, specifically Lindsey.
Yeah….I wonder what he would have done with it.

Mick Fleetwood