Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I think I need to add more context so my post is clearer. Several months ago when the channel was on, it played all kinds of Mac music including lots of Stevie solo and Christine solo. They even played Billy Burnette from BTM. I think Mick's solo "I want you back" was also played. A recurring comment was no one heard anything from Lindsey's solo career. Lots of speculation of oversight or comparison to former member's solo stuff not being played.
They really moved fast in making sure Lindsey was a former member.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-25-2018 at 10:47 AM..
Old 10-25-2018, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think I need to add more context so my post is clearer. Several months ago when the channel was on, it played all kinds of Mac music including lots of Stevie solo and Christine solo. They even played Billy Burnette from BTM. I think Mick's solo "I want you back" was also played. A recurring comment was no one heard anything from Lindsey's solo career. Lots of speculation of oversight or comparison to former member's solo stuff not being played.
Well I'm certain of that. I guess $he showed him who the boss was.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't know, I guess I just wasn't surprised. The news had broken already and with not hearing anything solo from anyone else no longer with the band, it didn't seem unusual to me. Yes, if there had been a lot of former member's outside work featured but not his, I would have thought it would have been odd too. But that didn't seem to be an issue.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I don't know, I guess I just wasn't surprised. The news had broken already and with not hearing anything solo from anyone else no longer with the band, it didn't seem unusual to me. Yes, if there had been a lot of former member's outside work featured but not his, I would have thought it would have been odd too. But that didn't seem to be an issue.
You were spot on, Feather Blade- the station only played solo songs by people who were currently in the band, which would have been Stevie, Christine, Neil, Mick, Mike, and John. The station did not play solo songs by former members, such as Lindsey, Billy, Rick, Bob, etc. And this was noted several times in threads back when the station was airing, and it was also noted then that Library's firing was probably why the station was delayed, because they had to record Neil and Mike's interviews.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
You were spot on, Feather Blade- the station only played solo songs by people who were currently in the band, which would have been Stevie, Christine, Neil, Mick, Mike, and John. The station did not play solo songs by former members, such as Lindsey, Billy, Rick, Bob, etc. And this was noted several times in threads back when the station was airing, and it was also noted then that Library's firing was probably why the station was delayed, because they had to record Neil and Mike's interviews.
Library's firing is a hilarious typo. I wish Sirius would have kept that channel.