Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain2destiny View Post
Sorry, This is as good as it gets. From page 7 the West Australian Friday 11/12/2009. Stevie looks like she hasn't any make-up on
awwww, i like it, thanx for sharing!!!~
Old 12-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry, This is as good as it gets. From page 7 the West Australian Friday 11/12/2009. Stevie looks like she hasn't any make-up on
Thank you. Stevie doesn't looked like she's dressed for "glorious sunshine".

I love pics like this.

Michele
Old 12-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you for the picture!
Old 12-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she looks cute in the picture, make-up or not.

Wasn't it warm there? She looks a bit bundled up.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Was your wife converted into being a fan? Michele
Nope. Her comments included "she's such a skank" (the hug with Lindsey), "hope she falls off the stage" (that was posted on my facebook page) and "the most annoying thing is when she turns her back to the audience" (that was her post-show summary). Oh and she did say "Lindsey does all the work" so maybe she is a Lindsey fan.

I then subjected her to Then Play On and Mystery To Me on the way home.

Waste of a good $165 I'm afraid. Sadly I now have to keep my end of the bargain and have to sit through Rob Thomas with her in February.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I was kind of shocked at the photo. Yeah, you can tell she went out shopping with no makeup on and that is kind of a cool, laid back thing to do I guess, but just smacks me in the face at how time is kind of slipping away... for all of us. Before I knew it... I turned 40 this year, but feel like I am 25 in my heart/spirit.

I am puzzled though, why Stevie went out without makeup. Maybe to be low key, but you can still tell it is her and I am sure she had a whole entourage with her. I mean... for crying out loud, it is Stevie-freaking-Nicks.... who in my opinion is full of class, glamor, and talent. And a little foundation with some blush/eye make up would have been better.

I am not being argumentative, just puzzled by her actions.

I still am giving her lots of credit and "that a girl" for going out without makeup. A brave thing to do considering all her professional photo shoots and how particular I think she is about how she is photographed.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^All I can say is that whoever transforms her into her stage persona night after night should consider a job with George Lucas. Industrial light and magic, indeed . It's so hard to believe makeup can be so transformative. I mean, she is absolutely flawless in person when she's in full drag. I agree that it's kind of shocking and a little upsetting to see this.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac don't disappoint at Members Equity Stadium concert

THERE are few bands who could weather the storms that have rained down on Fleetwood Mac.

By guitarist and singer Lindsey Buckingham's own admission the band's history is "complex, convoluted and emotionally wrought".

However standing in front of an audience of 12,000 Perth fans, Buckingham acknowledged that "in the long run it's made us stronger".

Buckingham went on to say that when the band, which includes singer Stevie Nicks, bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood, decided to come together once again it was a with a feeling of "new possibility".

And while the absence of retired singer Christine McVie could not be overlooked, especially during Go Your Own Way, the crowd was willing to explore the possibilities along with their heroes.

Billed as a greatest hits concert, the set list delivered almost everything a fan could wish for.

Monday Morning from the band's self-titled 1975 album kicked off proceedings, followed by The Chain from 1977's Rumours, which remains one of the highest selling albums of all time.

It was the seemingly eternally youthful Nicks who first greeted the crowd with a drawn out shout of "Perth, Australia. Welcome." Before stating it was time to "get this party started".

Sporting her trademark gothic gypsy look of velvet and lace, long black gloves and flowing blonde tresses, Nicks looked years younger than her 61 years.

However it was clear that time has diminished Nicks' vocal range, robbing her of the ability to hit the high notes in songs such as Rhiannon and Sara. But thankfully Nicks refrained from straining and squealing, instead she stayed in her lower range using her unique voice to convey the emotional depth of the lyrics.

Sharing the spotlight with his former love, Buckingham was simply mesmerising. The lithe 60-year-old has lost none of his guitar prowess or agility as was particularly evident on I'm So Afraid and Big Love.

Nicks and Buckingham made a great show of affection, frequently holding hands and embracing, much to the crowd's pleasure. Buckingham famously refused to join Fleetwood Mac, unless they also took his partner in love and music, Nicks. While the pair split in 1976 and have endured a turbulent relationship in subsequent years, they seem to have found renewed pleasure in working together. There is no doubt a strong musical bond remains between the two and it was a pleasure to witness their love and appreciation for the music they make together.

In introducing Gypsy, Nicks spoke of her early days jamming with Buckingham in San Francisco in the late 60s and early 70s. She spoke of opening for Janis Joplin in front of 35,000 people and Jimi Hendrix in front of 70,000 and how Buckingham's constant guitar playing "drove the gated community crazy".

Prior to the brilliant Second Hand News Buckingham responded to a punter's call of "I love you Stevie" by confessing: "We all love Stevie".

Go Your Own Way ended the first set, with Buckingham taking over the vocal duties for the song he penned. The crowd were on their feet for what is possibly the band's greatest song.

While Nicks and Buckingham may be the face of Fleetwood Mac, it's the rhythm section of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie that remains its backbone.

Famously founder Peter Green named his band for Fleetwood and McVie, as attempt to lure McVie away from John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers. He finally succeeded in acquiring McVie in August 1967. On stage some four decades later, Fleetwood and McVie were still a rhythmic force to be reckoned with.

Fleetwood got his chance to truly shine in an extended drum solo during World Turning. It was also Fleetwood who introduced the band, albeit belatedly, during the encore. Fleetwood took the chance to pay tribute to the reticent McVie calling him his right hand man.

Don't Stop seemed to spell an end to the concert, but the band returned for a second encore of Silver Springs.

While no one was under the illusion that we were watching a band in their prime, what we got was more than we could have hoped for.

We got to see legends at play, reveling in their love of music. And maybe, just maybe, their enduring love for one another.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertain...-1225809648641
Old 12-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Waste of a good $165 I'm afraid. Sadly I now have to keep my end of the bargain and have to sit through Rob Thomas with her in February.
And I hope you have to listen to a lot of him beforehand to warm up. I'll start singing Lonely No More for you, if you like.

Michele
Old 12-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
Prior to the brilliant Second Hand News Buckingham responded to a punter's call of "I love you Stevie" by confessing: "We all love Stevie".
Oh no! I would have died. He is really buttering her up. I hope it works!

Michele
Old 12-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMac View Post
Well, I was kind of shocked at the photo. Yeah, you can tell she went out shopping with no makeup on and that is kind of a cool, laid back thing to do I guess, but just smacks me in the face at how time is kind of slipping away... for all of us. Before I knew it... I turned 40 this year, but feel like I am 25 in my heart/spirit.
To tell the truth, she looks like she has a cold. Her eyes look bleary and her nose is a little bulbous and discolored. I doubt she looks like this all time without make up. Plus, the angle is a strange one. People look better straight on. Kristen probably took this picture of Stevie. "Hey, girlfriend. I'll give you my Gift of Screws special!"

But I think that Stevie looks way better than this every day, without make up. The only thing that is a chronic condition is those lines around her mouth. They look like the edges of a puppet's mouth, allowing it to open and close. And I don't want her to do anything to those (other than what she might be doing). I'm tired of seeing women who were once beautiful sporting artificially plumped out faces.

I'm happy she doesn't think she has to be in full regalia to walk down the street, because when you start thinking, "I can't let people see me this way," it all too often becomes too easy to just stay home. And a recluse is born. Michele
Old 12-12-2009, 01:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

I don't think it's that bad, the picture. The thing is...my 2 idols are Stevie and Grace Slick (hence my username, heheh), and I've now fairly recently seen, for the first time, photos of both of them without makeup on. Grace's pic shocked me a fair bit...and not cause I'm not used to seeing her how she is now (white hair, larger than she used to be, older, etc. She IS 70 after all, and blah blah), but because I've never seen her without makeup on. Well, not since the early 1970s anyway, when I saw a pic of her without much on. But when I thought about it, she really didn't look that different to how she looked in the 70s pic without makeup on. Her eyes looked the same...really, it was just the skin that had no foundation/concealer coverage, etc.

So now with Stevie...I personally before this have seen VERY few photos of her without any makeup on at all...and the ones I have seen were when she wasn't wearing any/hardly any way back when she was much younger, and to be honest, she still looks much the same. Obviously she's older now, and yes, that is an inevitable fact - we all do age. But that's ok. As long as we're happy and learning, it's ok. I think she looks good actually. Not that unlike how she used to look way back. We've just seen her with makeup on all these years, and especially lately as she's gotten older, she's worn more makeup than she used to when she was younger...you know?

I don't know if she has a cold. People have been commenting since the Melbourne shows that she seems to have a cold, so I don't know...it's been a while. I doubt it she had one in Melb that she'd still have the same cold now, and I also doubt she'd have a different one. lol. I think (HOPE!) she's fine and healthy.

I do wonder why she would go out into a busy shopping street without makeup on...maybe she just doesn't mind?? Hmm...

One thing that pleases and excites me about this though, is that maybe she'll do some shopping in Queen Street Mall in Brisbane and we can see her!!!!!!! woo! woo! woo! lol
Old 12-12-2009, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We saw some pictures of Stevie going through the airport security and she looked pretty much like she looks in this photo.

Here's an article about the opening act for FM, the Verses

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/ent...ive-in-verses/

[Here's an excerpt]
If you get along early to Fleetwood Mac's shows at ME Bank Stadium tonight and tomorrow night, you'll see some familiar faces on stage before the 70s pop powerhouse. They belong to Ella and Jesse Hooper of Killing Heidi fame, who are launching their new Melbourne-based band, the Verses.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
We saw some pictures of Stevie going through the airport security and she looked pretty much like she looks in this photo.

Here's an article about the opening act for FM, the Verses

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/ent...ive-in-verses/

[Here's an excerpt]
If you get along early to Fleetwood Mac's shows at ME Bank Stadium tonight and tomorrow night, you'll see some familiar faces on stage before the 70s pop powerhouse. They belong to Ella and Jesse Hooper of Killing Heidi fame, who are launching their new Melbourne-based band, the Verses.
Actually the Verses weren't all that bad, although a little bit too loud (or maybe I'm too old). As soon as Ella started to sing (and we were standing in the food queue at the time) she sounded kind of like 80s Stevie. Well I thought so.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
^^All I can say is that whoever transforms her into her stage persona night after night should consider a job with George Lucas. Industrial light and magic, indeed . It's so hard to believe makeup can be so transformative. I mean, she is absolutely flawless in person when she's in full drag. I agree that it's kind of shocking and a little upsetting to see this.
And now we know why she it takes her 3 hours to get ready for a show!! I agree, too, that seeing her sans makeup is a little unsettling but she's still Stevie, makeup or not!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...