User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Capacities are easily manipulated. The actual capacity (in the seating configuration that FM was using) at this venue is closer to 18000-18500.

The average ticket price is ~$71, which shows just how many tickets were sold at deep discounts.
Still, Luke, you have to admit: these first series of shows were NOT the embarrasing disaster saleswise as you predicted- or even hoped .

The band still has some credit. Because they touched A LOT of lives through the years. Even if they are not what they were once (and who is after all those years), they still have some worth, even commercially.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
You all will pelt me but I saw Paul Simon in concert and I would absolutely pay that amount to see him again. His show was unbelievable.
His show is great but I don't know about $250. On another note, I didn't even know Elton and Billy Joel were on the road again.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Still, Luke, you have to admit: these first series of shows were NOT the embarrasing disaster saleswise as you predicted- or even hoped .
"Hoped"? I resent that, Gerald. I've never wanted or hoped this band to fail at anything.

One show was canceled, several (Rochester, Rosemont #2, Auburn Hills, Toronto (3/17)) were disasters, most underperformed, and only a couple were truly successful. It looks like the second leg will shape up the same way.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Hoped"? I resent that, Gerald. I've never wanted or hoped this band to fail at anything.

One show was canceled, several (Rochester, Rosemont #2, Auburn Hills, Toronto (3/17)) were disasters, most underperformed, and only a couple were truly successful. It looks like the second leg will shape up the same way.
I don't see that they underperformed. They got very positive reviews, the rythmsection and lindsey did not underperform AT ALL, Stevie had to grow into the tour, and the overall energylevel impressed a lot of people: let's be fair, this band is a 59.5+ band and they play for 10.000+ people per show.

You resent my assumption that you almost "hoped" they'd fail, but the way you look at it is as far from objective as my point of view. I'm critical too, but for Buck's sake, give them the credit they deserve. They make a million every night. People go home satisfied, so it seems.

No, they are NOT innovative anymore, Live.
No, Stevie's not in her best phase in her career, but who is after 60?
No, they should NOT have agreed to these ticketprizes, those are ridiculous.
No, they are NOT better live without Christine.

But given today's facts, it is quite an achievement to bring on a 2 hour and twenty minute show with this energylevel. I LOVE the fact that they play more vulnerable and raw than during the SYW-tour, and Mick, John and Lindsey kick major instrumental *ss.

They ARE having fun. At least 3/4th of the band.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The band still has some credit. Because they touched A LOT of lives through the years. Even if they are not what they were once (and who is after all those years), they still have some worth, even commercially.
I agree - moreover 90% capacity is pretty darn good inthis economy - not to mention it was DETROIT

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I agree - moreover 90% capacity is pretty darn good inthis economy - not to mention it was DETROIT
It was actually in Auburn Hills which is a suburb of Detroit and actually pretty ritzy....

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittermoondust View Post
It was actually in Auburn Hills which is a suburb of Detroit and actually pretty ritzy....
True (I have been there) - but not all the peeps came from there And, if they are auto execs in there, which is likely, they are hurting.

In any event, a 90% capacity crowd in likely the hardest hit city in the nation is not a bad shiow by any def. IMO.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Disaster? I don't know if I'd put it that way, but it's subjective & you're obvioulsy entitled to your opinion. When you consider the 3/17 Toronto show was announced several weeks after the 3/26 show in TO, I think it sold pretty well. Even if it was only about 2/3 full 3/17, the 3/26 show was close to (if not) sold out.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

More Tour Data: Billboard Boxscore 4/11/09

19 Fleetwood Mac
Madison Square Garden
New York, N.Y.
March 19, 2009
$1,708,005
14,955 /
1 /
$175, $45
Live Nation

27 Fleetwood Mac
Izod Center
East Rutherford, N.J.
March 21, 2009
$1,277,092
13,306 /
1 /
$146.50, $22
Live Nation

33 Fleetwood Mac
Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Uniondale, N.Y.
March 13, 2009
$1,027,022
11,210 /
1 /
$146, $46
Live Nation

39 Fleetwood Mac
Mohegan Sun Arena
Uncasville, Conn.
March 14, 2009
$904,625
8,155 /
1 /
$175, $125
Live Nation/in-house

47 Fleetwood Mac
Bell Centre
Montreal, Quebec
March 25, 2009
$841,407
9,042 /
1 /
$122.19, $40.46
Live Nation/Gillett Entertainment Group

55 Fleetwood Mac
Blue Cross Arena
Rochester, N.Y.
March 16, 2009
$717,450
8,183 /
1 /
$146.50, $46.50
Live Nation

So far based on 13 shows reported:

Average Gross:$1,150,301
Average Attendance:11,720
Average Capacity:13,514
Average Ticket Price: $98.15
Average Attendance: 87%

Total Gross - 13 Shows: $14,953,913
Total Attendance - 13 Shows: 152,358

Last edited by MacMan; 04-01-2009 at 04:31 PM..
Old 04-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Disaster? I don't know if I'd put it that way, but it's subjective & you're obvioulsy entitled to your opinion. When you consider the 3/17 Toronto show was announced several weeks after the 3/26 show in TO, I think it sold pretty well. Even if it was only about 2/3 full 3/17, the 3/26 show was close to (if not) sold out.
Moreover, if "they" (in quotes because undefined)manipulate the data to show sold out performances or portray the sales in a more favorable light than reality, why did they do that in all cases save for the one sell out?

Old 04-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
So far based on 13 shows reported:

Average Gross:$1,150,301
Average Attendance:11,720
Average Capacity:13,514
Average Ticket Price: $98.15
Average Attendance: 87%

Total Gross - 13 Shows: $14,953,913
Total Attendance - 13 Shows: 152,358
Oh My Buck! This is a disaster! it's almost embarrassing. What a bad figures! Call Calvin Theater in Northampton! Maybe they want to book them, because these arena's are empty!

10.000+ people per night 1000000+ dollars per show. For some geriatric underperformers. 150.000+ people who went home unhappy.

Come on people. Everyone who calls this a disaster is talking out of their *ss. It's like stating that selling 4 million albums is a commercial failure.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Moreover, if "they" (in quotes because undefined)manipulate the data to show sold out performances or portray the sales in a more favorable light than reality, why did they do that in all cases save for the one sell out?
Even though its all under the Live Nation umbrella, the different talent buyers, production managers, box office managers, etc. account for the clear variances. Its very easy to manipulate. The only numbers that mean a damn are the number of tickets sold, and the gross- those are the constants (and even THAT can be suspicious every once in a while, like what Live Nation's Chicago office is reporting for the Rosemont shows... but, knowing them, it doesn't surprise me).

Regarding Auburn Hills. When the Auburn Hills show was first put on sale, approximately 19000 tickets were available on the manifest that day. As the day of the show grew closer, they knew they weren't going to sell anywhere near enough tickets to justify that seating configuration/price scaling, and they adjusted both (as DavidMN described, with the curtains in the upper level, relocating people who bought tickets in the affected sections) accordingly, deep discounting tickets that were selling at $79.50 (as reflected in the average ticket price). It was in THAT configuration that they sold 90% (a large chunk not at their initial face value) of the house. If you still think that means Fleetwood Mac had a near-sellout in Auburn Hills, you can see how that's more of an opinion than a fact.

Even in this sh*tty economy, Fleetwood Mac in Auburn Hills on a Sunday should have been worth at LEAST 14000 paid tickets. Its one of the markets they hit three times on the SYW tour, and even though they wouldn't have been able to do that this time, it should have done better.

Last edited by LukeA; 04-01-2009 at 04:59 PM..
Old 04-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
Oh My Buck! This is a disaster! it's almost embarrassing. What a bad figures! Call Calvin Theater in Northampton! Maybe they want to book them, because these arena's are empty!

10.000+ people per night 1000000+ dollars per show. For some geriatric underperformers. 150.000+ people who went home unhappy.

Come on people. Everyone who calls this a disaster is talking out of their *ss. It's like stating that selling 4 million albums is a commercial failure.
If you're Live Nation, and you're in a contract that's paying the band beyond what they're bringing in, its a financial problem.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The glass is half empty in your world Luke. This band is 6 years older without an album to promote. Hell, even their supposed marketingtool isn't released yet. I never expected it, I thought you were right when you predicted it would be a failure with these ticketprices, but this band is doing incredibly well. Even if they must rearrange an arena every once in while. These figures can be manipulated in some way, but it is bogus to think that they did that for 13 shows that had quite an equal average: around tenthousand people and around a million dollars. Just stop painting black pictures dude.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
The glass is half empty in your world Luke. This band is 6 years older without an album to promote. Hell, even their supposed marketingtool isn't released yet. I never expected it, I thought you were right when you predicted it would be a failure with these ticketprices, but this band is doing incredibly well. Even if they must rearrange an arena every once in while. These figures can be manipulated in some way, but it is bogus to think that they did that for 13 shows that had quite an equal average: around tenthousand people and around a million dollars. Just stop painting black pictures dude.
I respect your opinion. But, if Fleetwood Mac/Live Nation knew that these dates- most of them in prime east coast/Midwest markets- would only average 10,000 and ~$1M per show gross, they would have adjusted, delayed, or canceled their plans. In that sense, it is a disappointment.