The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I made the most fabulous sweet and sour pork for dinner tonight. I even impressed myself. I even impressed SARA!!! Put it on top of brown rice. MmmMmm good! We're having leftovers tomorrow night.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Your kid ate S&S pork? Damn, it must have been really good.

I'm drinking beer right now. Long night of packing up, trying to make a decent mix CD for camping.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
^ Your kid ate S&S pork? Damn, it must have been really good.

I'm drinking beer right now. Long night of packing up, trying to make a decent mix CD for camping.
I think I'll join you. *sip*.

aww, I'll miss you. But you hardly ever post on the weekend anyway, so maybe I won't. My project this weekend is to go around and actually look inside a bunch of the restaurants I've scoped out.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I bought coconut oil today. WTH do I do with it? It looks like lard.

I was also going to buy pomegranate (sp) juice, but it expired last week. Obviously, the grocery stores here don't bother to check the healthy/organic section. But I'm sure the chicken wings aren't outdated.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
^ I bought coconut oil today. WTH do I do with it? It looks like lard.

I was also going to buy pomegranate (sp) juice, but it expired last week. Obviously, the grocery stores here don't bother to check the healthy/organic section. But I'm sure the chicken wings aren't outdated.
That is another of it's great properties is that it doesn't go bad; it has antibacterial properties in your body, as well. How is it prepared? Does it say "cold pressed" or "expeller pressed"? That is kind of important. It should melt at room temp. If room temp is like...75? Just put it on your stove for a sec, it'll be fine. I keep mine in one of those bottles that has the skinny nozzle to spread oil.
You know what is weird? I was going to buy more at safeway today, but they don't have it. At all. (I had a safeway coupon, get 50 dollars worth of food for 40 dollars.)
So, I'll get it next week.
Have you tried those Pom teas? So good. So expensive.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
That is another of it's great properties is that it doesn't go bad; it has antibacterial properties in your body, as well. How is it prepared? Does it say "cold pressed" or "expeller pressed"? That is kind of important. It should melt at room temp. If room temp is like...75? Just put it on your stove for a sec, it'll be fine. I keep mine in one of those bottles that has the skinny nozzle to spread oil.
You know what is weird? I was going to buy more at safeway today, but they don't have it. At all. (I had a safeway coupon, get 50 dollars worth of food for 40 dollars.)
So, I'll get it next week.
Have you tried those Pom teas? So good. So expensive.

ACK!!! I just took it out of the cupboard & it's liquified! Which is normal, according to you, but still freaked me out.

It's expeller pressed., refined, for medium high heat. Oh, and apparently it is "the jar to open" no matter what my need.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ACK!!! I just took it out of the cupboard & it's liquified! Which is normal, according to you, but still freaked me out.

It's expeller pressed., refined, for medium high heat. Oh, and apparently it is "the jar to open" no matter what my need.
Tolja.
I think that's the one I get. Although, I'd get the 13 dollar ones if I had more money. But for now, it's the 6 dollar jar!
What brand? Spectrum?
You'll like it, it's totally flavorless. I put it on my popcorn. I don't like the flavor of olive oil. I always had to get the olive oil that doesn't taste, but it still did, a little.

and by the way, safeway had fricking truffle oil, but didn't have coconut.

Old 07-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yup, Spectrum. And it was $5.99, mindreader. It's the only one they had.

Now that it's liquid, I think it looks like semen. And on that note, I'm going to bed. TTY all next week!
Old 07-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
My main problem right now though is I can't seem to find a store-bought bread brand that I like
Me neither!! What the hell is up with sandwich bread?! It all pretty much sucks. Let me know if you find a good 'un.

Oh, and Livia, I LOOOOOOVE Pei-Wei! -DROOLS-
Old 07-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pasta, Barilla gemelli-shaped, that's my favorite shape these days. Al dente because that lowers the glycemic index. Plus my sauce from tomatoes, basil, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil. It's the poor man's seafood pasta with sardines in it. Boneles. It's good, no really it is! Plus they have those omega 3s! And they are little so they don't have so much mercury as salmon! I put in some Romano and fresh ground pepper too. Yum.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

CARROT STICKS!!!

(I'm doing well at avoiding the donuts & pastries that people have brought in today)
Old 07-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
CARROT STICKS!!!
I'd sooner eat the lug nuts off my truck!
Old 07-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I'd sooner eat the lug nuts off my truck!
Well, you probably don't have to lose 100 lbs, do you?
Old 07-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Pasta, Barilla gemelli-shaped, that's my favorite shape these days. Al dente because that lowers the glycemic index. Plus my sauce from tomatoes, basil, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil. It's the poor man's seafood pasta with sardines in it. Boneles. It's good, no really it is! Plus they have those omega 3s! And they are little so they don't have so much mercury as salmon! I put in some Romano and fresh ground pepper too. Yum.

That sounds really good! I've never thought to cook with sardines - I may give that a try! I'm trying to cook more and healthier...good luck to me!
Old 07-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Well, you probably don't have to lose 100 lbs, do you?
I sure wouldn't mind losing 25-30! Although I've all but given up. My body INSISTS on that extra 25. I can lose it, but NOT keep it off. Not without constant starving, and constant exercise. I like to eat, and I like to drink. IMO, life's too short. I'll just carry this 25 around with me. It keeps me company!

Carrots, to me, just taste like NOTHING. The only way I can eat them, is when there's veggie dip involved(thus, probably negating any caloric savings).