The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

I think the 2 Finalists should have sang a big solo again. Less star****er - more Idols!
Old 05-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After refusing to watch this show anymore, some friends crashed my place and bullied their way into my living room. Thankfully they brought party favors to sweeten the deal. So I succumbed to watching the show.

It's decided. America loves mediocrity. I was most amused with Green Day. Great song and loved that the lead singer really did not want to be there (but the money was really good).

The beatboxing extravaganza was fun and I was entertained for those few moments. I did enjoy that adorable African Happy Kids Band. Loved the shots of the studio execs giving their standing ovation and admiration. They're not exposed to this very often, so it was good for them.

Poor Bette Midler. When she popped out I could only wonder, WTF? How out of place was she? Is she shlepping a new album, again? I think Olivia Newton-John would have been a better choice. Same age and Olivia can actually still sing and she was a guest judge this season after all.

The Beatles medley was so wrong and unpleasant to listen to. Taylor Hicks is a cheeseball.

Finally, the duet between Blake and Jordin was repungant. I quickly endulged in party favors to divert "the scene."

Who is this Rueben dude? He sucked. Kelly Clarkson scared me. That was a very intense song and I think I actually liked her performance, haven't decided yet which is a good thing. Underwood chose the wrong song, Stand By You. Dreadful. Right up there with Jordin. Absolute mediocrity.

Last edited by Richard B; 05-24-2007 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: Typos
Old 05-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
After refusing to watch this show anymore, some friends crashed my place and bullied their way into my living room. Thankfully they brought party favors to sweeten the deal. So I succumbed to watching the show.

It's decided. America loves mediocrity. I was most amused with Green Day. Great song and loved that the lead singer really did not want to be there (but the money was really good).

The beatboxing extravaganza was fun and I was entertained for those few moments. I did enjoy that adorable African Happy Kids Band. Loved the shots of the studio execs giving their standing ovation and admiration. They're not exposed to this very often, so it was good for them.

Poor Bette Midler. When she popped out I could only wonder, WTF? How out of place was she? Is she shlepping a new album, again? I think Olivia Newton-John would have been a better choice. Same age and Olivia can actually still sing and she was a guest judge this season after all.

The Beatles medley was so wrong and unpleasant to listen to. Taylor Hicks is a cheeseball.

Finally, the duet between Blake and Jordin was repungant. I quickly endulged in party favors to divert "the scene."

Who is this Rueben dude? He sucked. Kelly Clarkson scared me. That was a very intense song and I think I actually liked her performance, haven't decided yet which is a good thing. Underwood chose the wrong song, Stand By You. Dreadful. Right up there with Jordin. Absolute mediocrity.
swallow the jagged little pill...she won.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
swallow the jagged little pill...she won.
Quit gloating. You can't really expect me to change my mind about that minor now that she won?

With each episode I found myself hating the show more and more, the little money machine it is. Sorry, but the reality is not so much show business as simply put: business.

I do look forward to Melinda's album, featuring a duet with LaKisha (and Blake on drums).
Old 05-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quit gloating. You can't really expect me to change my mind about that minor now that she won?

With each episode I found myself hating the show more and more, the little money machine it is. Sorry, but the reality is not so much show business as simply put: business.

I do look forward to Melinda's album, featuring a duet with LaKisha (and Blake on drums).
If I was gloating...I would be asking for my "****ing medal" - that is gloating..but I'm not.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
If I was gloating...I would be asking for my "****ing medal" - that is gloating..but I'm not.
You don't have to ask. I can see you gloating. Such a Gemini answer anyway. We are in Gemini, but are you a Gemini? You always seemed like one to me.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You don't have to ask. I can see you gloating. Such a Gemini answer anyway. We are in Gemini, but are you a Gemini? You always seemed like one to me.
Yes,I Am...
Old 05-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

wow, ITA.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I heard on the the radio this morning that someone was a last-minute no-show. Anyone know who that was?
According to TMZ, it was Paul McCartney.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
Damn Tivo! That happened to me too. I couldn't believe I had just sat through the entire two-hour crapfest, just to have it cut out after the incredibly weird Ruben version of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Who on earth thought THAT was a good idea?
Gladys Knight was the highlight for me, and Ruben and Jordin's song together wasn't entirely bad. Was it wrong of me to have been entertained by Blake and Doug E Fresh? It was hilariousy great.

ps: I love love love Kelly Clarkson, but her new song is not good.
Smokey Robinson was a highlight for me and I loved how they had the guys doing all The Temptations style moves.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
According to TMZ, it was Paul McCartney.
After seeing that horrid Beatles medley, he did the right thing.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Now that this is over, I just wanted to say that it sure was fun reading everyone's posts and hassling with some of you. All in good fun.

See you at Melinda Doolittle's concert.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ Yep. It's been fun y'all. Until next year...
Old 06-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
^^^ Yep. It's been fun y'all. Until next year...
yeah, it's been real.

hopefully, next year, I'll be one of the contestants you bitches are dogging.