The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:38 PM

Default Stevie at 1983 Us Festival remastered clip

For those who don't know, indie director Glenn Aveni has resurrected and almost completed the project of the documentary about the first Us Festival and decided to launch a crow-funding campaign on kick-starter here to clear the rights for more music, specifically that of the second edition of 1983, and put it on the DVD as an extra bonus disc. Already many full performances for 1982 have been cleared but Stevie's set is from 1983 so it's still to be completely cleared. Here he put a remastered clip of Stand Back from the set, if you want to have both the Fleetwood Mac full performance from the 1982 Us Festival and the whole Stevie set from the 1983 Us Festival completely remastered and on DVD please consider backing up the project or at least spread the message:

Old 11-29-2016, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Is it just me or is the "touched" or re-mastered version worse? She sounds so nasally. I remember recording this from the radio in 1983 during an US Festival special. I thought she sounded horrible then. It was not until many years later when I heard the original and was like.....WOW, this sounds so much better.
In fact, Stevie sounds really good at the US Festival except Rhiannon. My gosh what happened backstage to change her voice so much. The US Festival Rhiannon is so different vocally from the other songs. Her voice is raw and fried compared to all the other songs.
I love her US Festival footage. She is so cute with her coke fueled banter about giving out the Wild Heart album as Girl Scout Cookies and her windshield wipers wave during How Still My Love.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-29-2016 at 02:52 PM..
Old 11-29-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Is it just me or is the "touched" or re-mastered version worse? She sounds so nasally. I remember recording this from the radio in 1983 during an US Festival special. I thought she sounded horrible then. It was not until many years later when I heard the original and was like.....WOW, this sounds so much better.
In fact, Stevie sounds really good at the US Festival except Rhiannon. My gosh what happened backstage to change her voice so much. The US Festival Rhiannon is so different vocally from the other songs. Her voice is raw and fried compared to all the other songs.
I love her US Festival footage. She is so cute with her coke fueled banter about giving out the Wild Heart album as Girl Scout Cookies and her windshield wipers wave during How Still My Love.
Stand Back and Stop Draggin' My Heart Around went onto the official dvd of the 1983 Us Festival and they got redubbed because of technical sounding problems during the show.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Stand Back and Stop Draggin' My Heart Around went onto the official dvd of the 1983 Us Festival and they got redubbed because of technical sounding problems during the show.
Oh that explains it. It was something technical that you don't hear during the concert footage. Funny you mention those 2 songs because the national US Festival broadcast (pre-recorded) featured Outside the Rain, Stand Back, and Stop Draggin My Heart Around.
In 1983 I thought that was her setlist since the radio broadcast pretended it was broadcasting LIVE from the event
I also love when she gets lost in the crowd during Stand Back and is quite late back to the microphone. When I heard that long guitar on the radio, I had no idea what actually was going on.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Oh that explains it. It was something technical that you don't hear during the concert footage. Funny you mention those 2 songs because the national US Festival broadcast (pre-recorded) featured Outside the Rain, Stand Back, and Stop Draggin My Heart Around.
In 1983 I thought that was her setlist since the radio broadcast pretended it was broadcasting LIVE from the event
I also love when she gets lost in the crowd during Stand Back and is quite late back to the microphone. When I heard that long guitar on the radio, I had no idea what actually was going on.
Exactly, the DVD and the broadcast are from the same source; the problems arised only at a certain point during the show, in fact Outside the rain (that was at the beginning of the set) didn't need dubbing, but if you listen to the bootleg you can hear that at some points during songs the sound of the microphones drastically lowers and Stevie is forced to scream, hence why towards the end of the set her voice is in bad shape.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Too bad American TV was in its pre MTS Stereo days before it went stereo not long after.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-29-2016, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly, the DVD and the broadcast are from the same source; the problems arised only at a certain point during the show, in fact Outside the rain (that was at the beginning of the set) didn't need dubbing, but if you listen to the bootleg you can hear that at some points during songs the sound of the microphones drastically lowers and Stevie is forced to scream, hence why towards the end of the set her voice is in bad shape.
That makes sense because she is screaming on Stop Draggin and does not sound particularly well.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Love seeing Lori's "disco dancing & finger pointing" that Waddy hates so much!
Old 11-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For years my only source of the US-festival (as a non-americas I always thought US stood for the name of the country) was a tape traded NTSC-to-PAL-converted VHS-tape, so the quality was worse in the first place :-)

No I do have a more decent, digital recording and very looking forward to a remastered version ...
Old 12-01-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
For years my only source of the US-festival (as a non-americas I always thought US stood for the name of the country) was a tape traded NTSC-to-PAL-converted VHS-tape, so the quality was worse in the first place :-)

No I do have a more decent, digital recording and very looking forward to a remastered version ...
Unfortunately Stevie's footage can be included only if the crowdfunding is successful.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:13 PM

Default Cute Stevie on the poster

Old 12-03-2016, 12:45 PM

A picture of Stevie and Lindsey at the Us fest posted by a fan in the comments:

Old 12-04-2016, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For those who don't know, indie director Glenn Aveni has resurrected and almost completed the project of the documentary about the first Us Festival and decided to launch a crow-funding campaign on kick-starter here to clear the rights for more music, specifically that of the second edition of 1983, and put it on the DVD as an extra bonus disc. Already many full performances for 1982 have been cleared but Stevie's set is from 1983 so it's still to be completely cleared. Here he put a remastered clip of Stand Back from the set, if you want to have both the Fleetwood Mac full performance from the 1982 Us Festival and the whole Stevie set from the 1983 Us Festival completely remastered and on DVD please consider backing up the project or at least spread the message:

Thanks for posting.I love her hair on this show.The video link is dead.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thanks for posting.I love her hair on this show.The video link is dead.
Strange, for me it works...
Old 12-04-2016, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Strange, for me it works...
Oops its my Firefox with the flash player and Java crap.That crap should be banned in making websites.

It plays fine with my Google Chrome browser .

How nice and crisp .I want her whole set to be done over.I have the complete blurry YT version somewhere here.