Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2006, 04:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Like the saying goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Wasn't it John Lennon who said that most music critics are really just musical artists who couldn't make it...or something like that.
"Those who can't...Teach"

or like I say

"Those who can't...Critique"
Old 10-15-2006, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuigirl View Post
Yeah, maybe I should have posted my review over on this thread intead of the "official "one. This is the exact problem, I have with this CD and honestly, I can understand how ur girlfriend can walk out of the house (because of the vocals).I hate to say it but there came a point where I had to just turn it off .It's just me, I love his quirky, upbeat, dark stuff and all this (for me) is just a bit too mushy.It's only my opinion, and on the whole it's nice to see all the positive reviews in general about it.I could actually try and listen to it numerous times in the hopes of it "growing " on me, but honestly, truly, I don't think I can do it (or really want to) Guess, this one is just not my cuppa tea...can't wait for it's sequel though
Still....give it a chance Tuigirl, the "screwed up"-production, like the man said himself, can be irritating on the surface, but it REALLY covers alot of musicality that's in there when you listen through it. On that point it adds a certain tension that makes it all worth while. I'm beginning to LOVE the production now although I had second thoughts at first listen.

Old 10-15-2006, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Still....give it a chance Tuigirl, the "screwed up"-production, like the man said himself, can be irritating on the surface, but it REALLY covers alot of musicality that's in there when you listen through it. On that point it adds a certain tension that makes it all worth while. I'm beginning to LOVE the production now although I had second thoughts at first listen.
See, I'd like to( but my mind is telling me no, one listen is enough for me)..but I can't! I really can't physically find myself putting a copy in my player (as I'm unlikely to go out and buy it).I know, that if I did buy it, I'd never play it.Very annoying I know.Of course I wouldn't give up on him altogether, nooo...I'll just have to wait longer for the next one!
I'm glad you like it so much, I'm sure you are the fans that LB really wants to make his music for and I'm sure he appreciates all the positive comments from.The problem with me is...I like his alter ego too much to give this Cd another shot.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Under The Skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Gerald - I deleted the other thread I posted w/ the same review - I didn't notice this one. You asked me what I thought of UTS - I haven't bought it yet! I like what I've heard so far, but I think I can already tell I won't like it as much as OOTC.

Yeah, me, too. I've heard some of the songs on his website. I really love OOTC. In fact, I've been playing it a lot lately, all last week. From the songs I've heard on UTS, I'm just not convinced I'd like it. And I've read the reviews & they seem to be mixed, so that is kind of keeping me on the fence about buying it, too.

Lee