The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Lindsey wipeout at Jones Beach - pics (sorry Lindsey!)

for some screencaps of a Lindsey wipeout in Jones Beach go here ( Lindsey but this is too good not to share) -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f..._t=photo_reply

there will be more screencaps as the time progresses, when we get to it.

@Nickslive said it best - "LB takes agility to a whole new level" - it was unbelievable how fast he picked himself up, all the while still holding the chords and playing that guitar.

i wish i turned my camera down to the floor faster, but when someone falls right in front of you, your first instinct is to try and figure out how to help them... your second instinct of course is to adjust the view and just keep filming ... especially when that person gets up so impressively fast and goes on like nothing happened.

i think he must trip over his cords a lot... he's got that fall / getting up thing almost down to perfection.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"I fall down, I get up..."

Poor Lindsey, but better him than Stevie. Those giant boots of hers would be unforgiving to her ankle(s) in a fall.

I know what you mean about wanting to help - I was at the show during the last tour where this guy climbed up on stage (I think during SS), stood between Stevie and Lindsey and put his arm around Stevie. I wanted to jump on stage and pull him off. Security addressed it, but it seemed like he was up there awhile before they noticed.

Jamie
Old 06-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL, with Lindsey it can be hard to tell, considering all the crazy stuff he does up there. Kudos for not missing a beat!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the whole wipeout sequence in slo-mo here now -

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1507240&type=1

and some representative pics:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
"I fall down, I get up..."

Poor Lindsey, but better him than Stevie. Those giant boots of hers would be unforgiving to her ankle(s) in a fall.

I know what you mean about wanting to help - I was at the show during the last tour where this guy climbed up on stage (I think during SS), stood between Stevie and Lindsey and put his arm around Stevie. I wanted to jump on stage and pull him off. Security addressed it, but it seemed like he was up there awhile before they noticed.

Jamie
Yes, I think I have a DVD of that show. Security definitely took their time in getting up there. I forget what song it was...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 06-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Junior Ledgie

Coming out of lurking because this has not been posted.

http://youtu.be/rs_gPjIr4W0

Quite impressive.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Supporting Ledgie

^Buckingham and his guitar pawing *shakes head*
Old 06-27-2013, 01:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

You know, I don't even lean that way but man Lindsey sure wears jeans well! And you gotta admit, the wipeout pics only prove that point.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

happened exactly a year ago today...

Old 06-22-2014, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

those jeans are rather tight…..

if he wasn't so old school and still using cords rather than wireless transmitters on his guitars this wouldn't have happened!
Old 06-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
those jeans are rather tight…..

if he wasn't so old school and still using cords rather than wireless transmitters on his guitars this wouldn't have happened!
although i always half-expect him to trip over the cords, i think it had nothing to do with cords in this particular case - it was the stage. most venues, FM brings their own stage, but Jones Beach already has a stage (nice boards, and much lower then regular FM stage), and they just put some of their carpets over a part of it but mainly move around on the stage that's already there. so i think it may have been more slippery or somehow else different than the FM stage he's normally used to.

here's the whole video these screencaps are taken from, maybe you can see better than me what exactly happened:

Old 06-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He got up again so quickly, you almost think he fell down on purpose for dramatic effect.

My reaction to this is to wonder why musicians don't fall down on stage more often, with all those wires and cables, and monitors, and set lists, and spilled liquids, and all sorts of tripping hazards.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
although i always half-expect him to trip over the cords, i think it had nothing to do with cords in this particular case - it was the stage. most venues, FM brings their own stage, but Jones Beach already has a stage (nice boards, and much lower then regular FM stage), and they just put some of their carpets over a part of it but mainly move around on the stage that's already there. so i think it may have been more slippery or somehow else different than the FM stage he's normally used to.

here's the whole video these screencaps are taken from, maybe you can see better than me what exactly happened:

it kinda seemed to me like he reached the end of the cord's length, and he tried to keep going and got a bit yanked backwards by the cord… but hard to say