The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Or, instead of changing the key, she could sing in her soft "It's Only Love"/"Goodbye Baby" voice instead of her screeching/belting concert voice -- at least on the verses. It would sound better, AND be easier on her vocal cords.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well the Glasgow gig in October will be the first time I see the band live and while I'm excited about every single song I really, really hope that Silver Springs isn't dropped. It's so emotional and I would LOVE to hear it live!! It's one of the ones I'm looking forward to the most.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Actually it's quite simple- change the tuning of the guitar and bass- that is pretty much how they lowered the key to "The Chain."
Really? So when the band dropped CHAIN from E minor to D minor way back when, John continued playing the part in the same position on the fret, & only the tuning on his instrument was altered? I had no idea.

Parts of the drum kit are also tuned. How are those affected?

Quote:
Also, it should be noted that "Don't Stop" started out in a lower key at the beginning of the "Unleashed" tour and then went back to its original key after a few shows...
I have no idea what key DON'T STOP was in at the beginning of this last tour. It's usually in E major. What key was it in for the tour? Pity the poor fool on acoustic piano or B3 because he or she would have to relearn a part in a different position on the keyboard, which is more prone to error than simply learning a part from scratch. I speak from experience.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Really? So when the band dropped CHAIN from E minor to D minor way back when, John continued playing the part in the same position on the fret, & only the tuning on his instrument was altered? I had no idea.
Yes. Actually, half of the bass solo consisted of open string notes (A and E). So since the bass doesn't go any lower than E, when they took the key down, they had to take all of the strings down a whole step in order to get to D-minor.

Quote:
I have no idea what key DON'T STOP was in at the beginning of this last tour. It's usually in E major. What key was it in for the tour? Pity the poor fool on acoustic piano or B3 because he or she would have to relearn a part in a different position on the keyboard, which is more prone to error than simply learning a part from scratch. I speak from experience.
I don't know what key it was in, but if you look up videos from opening night in Pittsburgh, it was definitely in a lower key. In any case, I don't think there is an acoustic piano on the stage, so surely it was merely an electronic transposition for Brett.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Was it also not played on the last night of this leg of the tour????????