Originally Posted by chiliD
No. But, I AM taking all donations.
PM me for God sakes...

I'll mail you a copy of the CD myself!
Old 01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown
the reality of radio today is sinking in for her.
And everybody else...radio is just too compartmentalized. Maybe there'll be either a Fleetwood Mac Channel or Stevie Nicks Channel on either Sirius or XM in the near future.

Quote:
Speaking of Patti, I wonder what "Dancing Barefoot" would sound like as a Stevie cover...
Probably pretty similar to Concrete Blonde's...or Patti's own. I'd rather hear her do "Pissing In A River" or "Free Money"...or one with an appropriate Stevie Nicks title..."Ghost Dance".

Last edited by chiliD; 01-25-2006 at 02:05 PM..
Old 01-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And everybody else...radio is just too compartmentalized. Maybe there'll be either a Fleetwood Mac Channel or Stevie Nicks Channel on either Sirius or XM in the near future.

Probably pretty similar to Concrete Blonde's...or Patti's own. I'd rather hear her do "Pissing In A River" or "Free Money"...or one with an appropriate Stevie Nicks title..."Ghost Dance".
Actually I'm surprised that there isnt a Fleetwood Mac channel now.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Give her another shot at writing some new material with Lindsey and I bet we're all really pleasantly surprised.
I'd love it if the both of them gave us a chance to hear some new material that they'd written together. Lindsey seemed very keen on the idea after recording Say You Will. I remember some quote from him from some interview or other that he hoped Fleetwood Mac would record another album, but this time all together from the ground up, with him and Stevie actually writing together, with their harmonies in mind.

Of course, we're now almost three years removed from that album and a year and a half removed from the tour, and at least publicly, neither of them has mentioned anything about this kind of project. Lindsey's gone into another cycle of "No, seriously, I'm releasing a solo album this year... okay okay, honestly, though, this year I'm going to release it..." and Stevie's off embracing her inner nostalgia act.

Fingers crossed, of course...
Old 01-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
I'd love it if the both of them gave us a chance to hear some new material that they'd written together. Lindsey seemed very keen on the idea after recording Say You Will. I remember some quote from him from some interview or other that he hoped Fleetwood Mac would record another album, but this time all together from the ground up, with him and Stevie actually writing together, with their harmonies in mind.

Of course, we're now almost three years removed from that album and a year and a half removed from the tour, and at least publicly, neither of them has mentioned anything about this kind of project. Lindsey's gone into another cycle of "No, seriously, I'm releasing a solo album this year... okay okay, honestly, though, this year I'm going to release it..." and Stevie's off embracing her inner nostalgia act.

Fingers crossed, of course...
I'm right there with you. But for some reason right now I'm jsut thankful we all had SYW.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Speaking of Patti, I wonder what "Dancing Barefoot" would sound like as a Stevie cover...
OOOHH! I would totally love that! And I honestly, honestly think it would be great. Or, like someone else said, Pissing in a River.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No. But, I AM taking all donations.

Too bad. You're missing out on a great collection of songs.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think you phrased this very well and I don't think I could really add to it in a million years, so I'll try.
I definitely agree with what you're saying, but remember they've been "in the biz" a LONNNNG time and have a lot of Professional Experience now. They also have some VERY expensive, modern musical equipment to play with now (the electronic keyboard, etc.) and some very talented people operating behind the scenes. Plus they have some GREAT backup musicians helping them - Sharon Celani, Jana Anderson, Taku Hirano, etc. - and there's so MANY backup musicians that it sort of "camouflages" Christine's absense. On top of that they have a LOT more time allowed to them than most young bands might; to prepare, work out the kinks, etc.
Having said all of that nonsense - yeah. I agree.

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 01-26-2006 at 11:53 PM..
Old 01-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker
Plus they have some GREAT backup musicians helping them - Sharon Celani, Jana Anderson, Taku Hirano, etc. - and there's so MANY backup musicians that it sort of "camouflages" Christine's absense.
THIS is the problem!

They are Fleetwood Mac not a f*ckin orchestra!!!

They have turned from a rock band to an overproduced stage circus.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
THIS is the problem!

They are Fleetwood Mac not a f*ckin orchestra!!!

They have turned from a rock band to an overproduced stage circus.

Oh, yeah..........M*........
PS- I want to KILL the person that DECIDED a band can no longer be 4 or 5 piece.......that it must contain 3 guitar players, 2 keyboard players, and a bevy of backup singers. It's UTTER bull****!
Old 01-27-2006, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
PS- I want to KILL the person that DECIDED a band can no longer be 4 or 5 piece.......that it must contain 3 guitar players, 2 keyboard players, and a bevy of backup singers. It's UTTER bull****!
Not that there's anything wrong with a Fleetwood Mac with three guitar players... I think that worked out rather well!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
Not that there's anything wrong with a Fleetwood Mac with three guitar players... I think that worked out rather well!
Well, yeah...especially when they're actual BAND MEMBERS...the "hired gun" mercenaries have to go, though.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bring back Billy and Rick!!!

(Sorry, I just really liked "Tare It Up" and "I Loved Another Woman.")

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Bring back Billy and Rick!!!
My point exactly. With the plethora of ex-Fleetwood Mac guitarists still kickin', why hire guys like Neale & Carlos?

A guitar army of Lindsey with your choice of Billy, Rick, Bob Welch, Dave Mason, or Bob Weston (even add Peter Green, if he's feeling up to it).

Plus, it would expand the available choices for songs to play...in addition to the two Steve mentioned above, resurrect "Hypnotized", "Sentimental Lady", "In The Back Of My Mind", "Rattlesnake Shake"...and, um...well, you know..."OH WELL".
Old 01-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
PM me for God sakes...

I'll mail you a copy of the CD myself!
I'm sure you already know this but iTunes has an exclusive acoustic version of Friend.