User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
Is there a difference? The kind of people who yell "Free Bird!" don't really care whether a band plays it or not. They just like the sound of their own voice, and they like to think they're being incredibly clever.

Well, it's clever when I do it.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Well, it's clever when I do it.

That's true, I've heard you do that and it is funny when you do it.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 04-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I still wish I had been there to defend you - possibly wearing my Superman suit Le Sigh
You're a sweetheart, Jason... thanks for that.
What really needed to happen though, is that I should have learned to defend myself... but I was too timid back then.
Thankfully that's not a problem I have now!
Old 04-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
Is there a difference? The kind of people who yell "Free Bird!" don't really care whether a band plays it or not. They just like the sound of their own voice, and they like to think they're being incredibly clever.
What's sad, though, is that it stopped being clever the day Bevis and Butthead did it...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Do people really yell "Free Bird" at your shows? And are they kidding, or do they really want you to play it?
Only close friends of the band actually YELL it. Most people come up to us on our breaks and ask us politely. And we politely respond with a request to fill the bucket with cash.

One thing we started to do the last time we played it...we had the guy who requested it come up and we made him drop his $20 in the bucket FIRST, then we started the song. Before the second verse, we stopped. I said into the mic, "Ok, that gentleman paid $20 to hear "Free Bird", who will be the first to drop $30 into the bucket for us to CONTINUE with the song? For $40, we'll just stop now." We did that a couple of times before the big jam at the end. The original guy ended up having to pony up a total of about $60 by the time we finished the song. We ended up with more tip money than what the bar paid us.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Only close friends of the band actually YELL it. Most people come up to us on our breaks and ask us politely. And we politely respond with a request to fill the bucket with cash.

One thing we started to do the last time we played it...we had the guy who requested it come up and we made him drop his $20 in the bucket FIRST, then we started the song. Before the second verse, we stopped. I said into the mic, "Ok, that gentleman paid $20 to hear "Free Bird", who will be the first to drop $30 into the bucket for us to CONTINUE with the song? For $40, we'll just stop now." We did that a couple of times before the big jam at the end. The original guy ended up having to pony up a total of about $60 by the time we finished the song. We ended up with more tip money than what the bar paid us.
Youre no dummy! I like that Steve.