The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:15 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Will Nashville get rained out???

Hi all. Wondering if anyone is familiar with the venue they are playing at tomorrow night in Nashville. Weather says heavy rain. I mean I'll go with ponchos and a umbrella, don't get me wrong, but I really hope the show doesn't get cancelled.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does the ticket say "rain or shine"? Chastain Park in Atlanta does NOT cancel for rain so it was On With the Show!
Old 06-22-2017, 08:23 AM
Junior Ledgie

It does say rain or shine, but cancellations for severe weather, and I think flood watches are being posted. Was it still a good time in Chastain even though it rained?
Old 06-22-2017, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmcneese View Post
Hi all. Wondering if anyone is familiar with the venue they are playing at tomorrow night in Nashville. Weather says heavy rain. I mean I'll go with ponchos and a umbrella, don't get me wrong, but I really hope the show doesn't get cancelled.
Don't bring your umbrella, because Ascend doesn't allow them(visibility for other fans). Poncho is fine, though.

It's been pouring here all morning today. If you have lawn seats, wear crappy shoes, because it can become a muddy mess (this is the first show I've gone to there, that I didn't have lawn seats).
Old 06-22-2017, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine and Lindsey were just spotted by a friend, at a restaurant in downtown Nashville. I was invited to go stalk them, but I declined.

No, I won't say the name of the restaurant, for a couple of hours, anyway.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Christine and Lindsey were just spotted by a friend, at a restaurant in downtown Nashville. I was invited to go stalk them, but I declined.

were they naked?
Old 06-22-2017, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The fact they are dining together is an ocean apart from the virtual and real walls that are constructed between members on FM tours.

I love seeing some genuine unity and that cohesion will show through as they play more shows together.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

What?! Why?! Were they kissing?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
What?! Why?! Were they kissing?
Because everyone deserves their privacy. You couldn't pay me to be a celebrity.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
The fact they are dining together is an ocean apart from the virtual and real walls that are constructed between members on FM tours.

I love seeing some genuine unity and that cohesion will show through as they play more shows together.
I know. It speaks volumes about the integrity of their friendship. That "making of" video had my eyed filled with tears, several times.

There's no drama on their ship.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because everyone deserves their privacy. You couldn't pay me to be a celebrity.
Yeah, I was just joking. With the whole comment.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yeah, I was just joking. With the whole comment.
I wasn't. And I demand to know if they were naked!!!
Old 06-22-2017, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The name of the restaurant is Etch, and I hope neither was naked. They're way too old me to want to imagine them like that now!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 06-23-2017 at 01:56 AM..
Old 06-22-2017, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have seen multiple concerts at Ascend. The last one I saw there was Duran Duran. It was pouring rain at the beginning of the show, and they had the concert.

I am going to the show tomorrow night as well. I am hoping the weather improves as the day goes. I will be armed with a good poncho.

Etch is a wonderful restaurant! One of my cousin's best friends is the owner and chef. I would highly recommend it, if you are looking for a place to eat in Nashville. Sure wish I had been there today. Very cool!

I hope everyone has a great time at the show in Nashville. I am super excited!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 06-22-2017, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 View Post
I have seen multiple concerts at Ascend. The last one I saw there was Duran Duran. It was pouring rain at the beginning of the show, and they had the concert.

I am going to the show tomorrow night as well. I am hoping the weather improves as the day goes. I will be armed with a good poncho.

Etch is a wonderful restaurant! One of my cousin's best friends is the owner and chef. I would highly recommend it, if you are looking for a place to eat in Nashville. Sure wish I had been there today. Very cool!

I hope everyone has a great time at the show in Nashville. I am super excited!
Me too, on the multiples, and also Duran Duran. I actually snuck a small umbrella into that, and got away with using it.

They're saying 100% chance during the day, but down to 60% chance of "scattered" in the evening, now. I don't care if it does rain! I'll be at the best show in the world for me. Yes, better than OWTS! I can't wait!

I need to try Etch, but unless I'm on a date, I tend to be a cheap bitch with myself!

Are you down front? I'm 4th row center, with another friend a row or two behind me, then 3 more friends a few more rows back. I grabbed the best(only) available seat, and threw my friends under the bus. I feel a little guilty, but what the F, I'm up front!