The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2003, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My point was not about people wanting to hear the song. My point is HOW people have went about wanting to hear the song by POSTING and EMAILING her and its because of those reasons that the song won't be sent out to anybody (with the exception of myself .) BTW, this cd was released late in 2000 with only 500 copies ever made. That means that there are another 499 somewhere out there and I'll be damned if there isn't ANOTHER Fleetwood Mac fan who has the cd but isn't sharing the song either.

Matt

Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 01-14-2003 at 11:49 PM..
Old 01-14-2003, 11:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Street_Dreamer
song won't be sent out to anybody (with the exception of myself .)

Matt
well are we not just so humble?
Old 01-14-2003, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well if people want to be the way they're being, I'll be that way too Welcome to the board by the way!

Matt
Old 01-14-2003, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The reason this has carried on so far is because people WANT WANT WANT and it's because of this that nobody is going to get that particular song, at least for a while, and that's just fine with me thankyouverymuch!
Well if this doesn't beat all.... Your girlfriend Jessica is a pleasant young lady with a great Web site, but you're hardly the person to lecture the rest of the fans about WANT WANT WANT, Mr. Sullivan.

Not too long ago (but maybe long enough that you hoped I'd forgotten), you were given a 12-inch vinyl of Lindsey's "Go Insane" remix---GIVEN GIVEN GIVEN.

Did the person who gave it to you because you WANTED WANTED WANTED it get an offer of reimbursement for postage? Nope. Did the person get an MP3 of the remix when he asked? Nope. Did the person even get a goddamn thanks? Nope. Did the person get anything? Yep.

He got blasted by you on a public forum for saying that white text on a dark screen was difficult for him to read.

You proved yourself a real charmer on the Burnish.net board, & now you're working your special brand of magic here in this thread. But I'm a little BORED BORED BORED with it.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I apologize for not reimbursing you. But to try to humiliate me on a public message board is rediculous and very wrong. If you've got something against me, email me or private message me. I do not recall you wanting an mp3 of the song, if I somehow missed this, I'm very sorry. It was not done on purpose, most likely it was because of the very poor dial up connection I used to have which would kick me off at various random times.
The reason you were "blasted" is because of a few of the other posters whom also added their opinions to the thread whom I have had problems with before. So whatever man, I guess you said how you really felt.

Matt

Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 01-15-2003 at 12:07 AM..
Old 01-15-2003, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well if people want to be the way they're being
Being like what?? Are you getting some sort of sick kick out of doing this? Or did you wake up today and randomly decide to severely annoy almost every member of The Ledge??

There were at LEAST three members of The Ledge who put in a bid for that CD. If Neil had won the auction I can say with almost 99.999% certainty that he would have immediately allowed anyone who wanted to hear it to do so. I don't know Brass Monkey but from his/her posts I think it is safe to say that he/she would have done the same.

Yes, we have posted and even BEGGED (quoting one post) to be able to hear this song, not because we're "greedy" (??????) but because we are just as huge fans of Lindsey Buckingham as the person who won the auction, and we have been waiting for 11 years to hear a new official studio album from him.

But for reasons which I'm sure are very good to her, Souldrifter does not want to share. Fine. Thanks for making that clear. I'll wait till the album comes out and hope that perhaps this version of the song might be released as a "B-side" in Mongolia, and then order it from there.

Quote:
the song won't be sent out to anybody (with the exception of myself)
How wonderful! Why don't you give yourself a gold star?

Last edited by seteca; 01-15-2003 at 12:50 PM..
Old 01-15-2003, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ok, let's cool down a minute here.

As someone who's dying to hear "Peacekeeper," i can definitely relate to everyone who's absolutely chomping at the bit, for this to be shared... but we should also remind ourselves that no one OWES it to us to share this.

If someone has it, and for whatever reason, doesn't want to share it... that's their right, and we shouldn't get indignant and demand that they give it to us. We should just accept the situation (and hope someone else will get a hold of it, and share it!).

Although, I think it would be most polite if someone didn't advertise the fact that they have it, but can't/wont share it... because otherwise, people feel left out, and that breeds contempt.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Johnny Stew
Old 01-15-2003, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There are reasons as to why I have continued to post in this thread and its not because I'm getting some kind of a "kick" out of this. It is because I am responding to something that happened that I feel was very rude and uncalled. People are getting upset over this and for what, song, one song. Previously unheard by the masses, yes, by Lindsey Buckingham, yes but worth posting hurtful and unkind comments? I don't think so.
The reason I "hinted" about the song not being shared is because of the email. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's not going to be shared. The cd hasn't even been sent to its destination yet (at least not to my knowledge.)
The intention of what I said was in fact to displease some people because I KNEW how the response would be, however I didn't expect what happened in David's post. I do not feel that it was right to personally attack me over something that happened a year ago, especially since it was between him and I and that it had absolutely no bearing on the subject matter.
This whole thing started because ONE person decided to ask for something, then post the "response" to everyone, then a few minutes later delete the post. It led to more questions than answers which led to more confusion. I said what I felt was right and I still feel that way. If patience were used in this case, I wouldn't even have posted in the beginning but it was the circumstances under which this whole "thing" began that angered me.
Eventually everyone who wants this particular song will get it. Of course it will take a little time. I've said my peace, if you don't like it that's fine, if you do, that's fine too and if you don't care well then... I don't know.

Matt
Old 01-15-2003, 12:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

Which does bring several questions:
If you so conveniently get a copy of the song because of your nifty girlfriend, why 1) lecture us on 'greed' 2) get irate about e-mail *not even sent to you* 3) let everyone know that you were recieving it and 4) make it quite clear that you were not going to share it? Where's the motivation to even post on this thread?
-Brian
P.S. I have the full version of LB's Big Yellow Taxi and I'm not letting anyone have it :-P

*Looks below* Somone apparently does not understand sarcasm...

Last edited by bjk3047; 01-15-2003 at 01:03 AM..
Old 01-15-2003, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Irony! Don'tcha just love it?

Matt
Old 01-15-2003, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was one of the first to reply in this thread. I did ask whoever won the bid to make the song available, but my question at the time was a general one about an item that hadn't been sold yet. Even so, I hope I did not contribute to what I've been seeing as a pretty ugly thread. IMO, SoulDrifter is deserving of an apology for even HAVING to justify herself. If my bringing up the possibility helped create this situtaion, I apologize, SoulDrifter.

Anyway, let's move onto new subjects and KEEP PEACE. By the way, I just found out that the song is available at SaraRhiannon's site:

http://www.sararhiannon.com/

John
Old 01-15-2003, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: nothing's gonna change my world...

Quote:
Originally posted by SoulDrifter1949
honestly there are more important things in life to worry about...
Yeah, like thanking jwys_soapbox! And the good people at sararhiannon.com!

Thanks mate!

dloading now for a listen. Woohoo! Another nail in the coffin of any surprise element I might have experienced when buying the new album lol!!
Old 01-15-2003, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

OMG THIS IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!

Plus it makes me realise how amazing the updated GOS songs will shape up!!

This is Lindsey treading new musical territory!
Old 01-15-2003, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Joe.... your'e right this IS a good song! When I first read the lyrics I thought "ewww... yuk, whats he doing" but now having heard HOW he sings it, it takes on quite a different meaning.Very cool and very Linds like.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The intention of what I said was in fact to displease some people because I KNEW how the response would be, however I didn't expect what happened in David's post. Matt
Matt: If, as you said, you intended to deliberately provoke negative responses then you shouldn't be surprised that you got the intended result.

Were you asked by Jessica to intervene on her behalf?

A good idea would have been to let her speak for herself on the message board (if emails were becoming a problem). I've always considered Jessica to be generous and reasonable and once she explained her position, it was totally understandable. I'm not sure your input was particularly helpful.

Thanks to Sara, everybody has the song and I'm considering the argument closed.

Barbara