The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Eagles' reunion was the blueprint for the Fleetwood Mac reunion. However, I think the Fleetwood Mac reunion did more for the members of Fleetwood Mac than the Eagles reunion did for the members of the Eagles.

Also, there was nothing interesting about the Eagles reunion.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-08-2014, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
The last thing I ever want to hear in a live setting is a note for note studio sounding song. I love the live versions where each track takes on a new life of its own.
EXACTLY the reason I can't stand the Eagles in concert! For what they charge for tickets, I could buy a bunch of Allman Bros live albums and hear 6 or 7 different versions of "Whipping Post" played on nearly consecutive nights.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
However, I think the Fleetwood Mac reunion did more for the members of Fleetwood Mac than the Eagles reunion did for the members of the Eagles. .
Especially Don Felder!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Especially Don Felder!
That's for sure. I just finished his book today, very interesting and really good. I'm sorry to say that I really didn't know much about him and would never have been able to name him as an Eagle. I really enjoyed his book and he seems like a great guy. Don Henley and Glenn Fry are nuts however. I was mad after watching "The History of The Eagles," when they made him out to be a whiner and complainer.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Since the Dance they have moved forward with 1 album in 16 years, and since 2003 date it has sold less than a million copies.
I would say the dance was a great effort and reminded everyone of who Fleetwood mac were. But this came at a price, from that point they became more interested in the money again rather than the music. Three greatest hits would tours in 10 years backed by only one album supports this.
I could think of at least 8 songs that have to be retired from the 2014 world tour.
Most new fleetwood mac document aired on television today don't even cover the dance or say you will era. The end of tango in the night spelled the real end for fleetwood mac.
With the full Rumours line up currently in the studio working on a new album hopefully we can have a treat in store by the end of the summer. Just don't be expecting another Rumours or Tusk.
In the battle of big and small, the small machine is miles ahead, because it's not about the corporate image and profit.