Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I love this thread. Just appreciating the hard work you've put into documenting this part of the tour, Nicole. It's really special to have it all archived.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

23/04/2013 - Ottawa

Song

Intro

???

24/04/2013 - Newark

Intro/Song

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/4f...ark_(7.00).mp4 [07.00 minutes, 33 MB]

What Was Said

S: So anyway, this is the nicest – Are you there, Lindsey? I don’t see you. Aha, there you are, you devil! You’re hiding from me – Anyway, so Lindsey and I both agree that this is the nicest, most beautiful song ever written and I have to give you some credit because you did put it together and produce it and make it into a song. All I did was write the little poem and play the little Landslide thing that I do on every single song I write. He is the one who takes it and makes it into something really beautiful. So the song itself was a really pretty poem about how amazing our relationship was and how much fun we were having, how crazy, you know, we were in love, we were young, it was fantastic.

S: So we found it, I brought it to Lindsey and said ‘Listen to this’. And he listens to it and we’re both ‘we know this song’ and we know it so well we don’t even have to practice it.

S: These were the voices and the phrasings that attracted him to us – besides Lindsey’s fantastic guitar playing; they needed that – but on the other side of that, the voices and the phrasing was what he really loved when he heard us. So, um, thank you Mick, so much, for pulling me away from being a waitress. *to Lindsey* He did.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love this thread. I know how much work goes into this so I wanted to thank you. Have we figured out yet in which city Lindsey says, "no wait! What FM was looking for was a great guitar player. Not another girl singer?"
Old 11-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I love this thread. I know how much work goes into this so I wanted to thank you. Have we figured out yet in which city Lindsey says, "no wait! What FM was looking for was a great guitar player. Not another girl singer?"
Great question! I've wondered that too.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I doubt that he said that. Maybe he said that to her off stage. I know she said he said it in front of thousands of people, but if we didn't have the video, we'd have had the contemporaneous review from someone in attendance.

When I say contemporaneous, I am sure there are people who will remember it was said after the fact, but I don't really trust those belated recollections, coming after Stevie has talked about it. We would have read about it at the time.

Michele
Old 11-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he never said it on stage, at least not on this tour. Mick said something like that in New Orleans, i believe.

SN tried to make LB say it in Glasgow but he wouldn't bite.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he never said it on stage, at least not on this tour. Mick said something like that in New Orleans, i believe.

SN tried to make LB say it in Glasgow but he wouldn't bite.
Well we don't really know because we don't have full videos of every WY introduction.I can't imagine why Stevie would include that in her speech if she was making it up?
Old 11-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well we don't really know because we don't have full videos of every WY introduction.I can't imagine why Stevie would include that in her speech if she was making it up?
hm, i seem to recall NOLA was identified as the place where he supposedly said it, and we do have WY intro from there, with Mick saying something like it.

but may have been just a speculation on these boards, because of the audience size that would fit (which was by far the largest compared to all other venues on this tour). although guess we should know better considering how accurate with numbers members of the mac usually are.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We have people who were there though. They are our Youtube. Maybe her recollection was skewed. I can't imagine that he did say it on this tour without someone who was in the audience mentioning it, video or not.

Now, someone will come shuffling along and claim that they were there the night he said it, six months after the fact, but I won't believe them. I think it would have been noted when he said it. I can see him saying that to her and he obviously doesn't mind being attributed with having said it on stage because he bows and preens and makes his funny faces when she says he did, so he's having a good time and probably would have said it on stage if he'd thought of it, but I think he must have said it to her off stage or when they were walking to the mics or somehow said it when the audience could not and did not hear.

Michele
Old 11-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Now, someone will come shuffling along and claim that they were there the night he said it, six months after the fact, but I won't believe them. I think it would have been noted when he said it. I can see him saying that to her and he obviously doesn't mind being attributed with having said it on stage because he bows and preens and makes his funny faces when she says he did, so he's having a good time and probably would have said it on stage if he'd thought of it, but I think he must have said it to her off stage or when they were walking to the mics or somehow said it when the audience could not and did not hear.
All of this I would accept as fact and the part I highlighted really made me laugh because it is soooo true that such a thing will probably happen.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
hm, i seem to recall NOLA was identified as the place where he supposedly said it, and we do have WY intro from there, with Mick saying something like it.

but may have been just a speculation on these boards, because of the audience size that would fit (which was by far the largest compared to all other venues on this tour). although guess we should know better considering how accurate with numbers members of the mac usually are.
Definitely NOLA, to my mind. *We* don't actually hear Lindsey OR Mick say it, however. I'll post it when it comes up in the chronology but we have the usual intro, Mick pointing at Lindsey, Lindsey pointing at himself and STEVIE saying that actually, her&Lindsey's voices etc were completely secondary because it was LINDSEY they wanted. And we get our first ever Lindsey!exclamation of saying Mick had to take his girlfriend too.

And thanks for the thanks - glad you're enjoying the thread, folks.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Definitely NOLA, to my mind. *We* don't actually hear Lindsey OR Mick say it, however. I'll post it when it comes up in the chronology but we have the usual intro, Mick pointing at Lindsey, Lindsey pointing at himself and STEVIE saying that actually, her&Lindsey's voices etc were completely secondary because it was LINDSEY they wanted.
just rewatched the NOLA intro (can't believe it was only about 2 mins at the time !)... you are right.

i don't feel like listening again to catch the exact wording but i think it may have been the first time that anybody did anything on stage to point out it was not exactly Without You and blend of voices that Mick wanted at the time - with Mick pointing out to Lindsey like "didn't i want you?" and Lindsey going "me?" - and then Stevie reacting to it and saying "right, Mick only wanted guitarist" (or whatever the exact words were). so i guess Stevie said it in the mic in front of however many thousands of people, not Lindsey and not Mick. and Mick started the whole commotion with pointing to Lindsey.

or something like it... lolol.

remember at the beginning of the tour there were threads on this board where people were confused, trying to figure out how come all of the sudden WY was the song Mick first heard when for decades the story was that it was Frozen Love?

Old 11-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
just rewatched the NOLA intro (can't believe it was only about 2 mins at the time !)... you are right.

i don't feel like listening again to catch the exact wording but i think it may have been the first time that anybody did anything on stage to point out it was not exactly Without You and blend of voices that Mick wanted at the time - with Mick pointing out to Lindsey like "didn't i want you?" and Lindsey going "me?" - and then Stevie reacting to it and saying "right, Mick only wanted guitarist" (or whatever the exact words were). so i guess Stevie said it in the mic in front of however many thousands of people, not Lindsey and not Mick. and Mick started the whole commotion with pointing to Lindsey.

or something like it... lolol.

remember at the beginning of the tour there were threads on this board where people were confused, trying to figure out how come all of the sudden WY was the song Mick first heard when for decades the story was that it was Frozen Love?
Well, based on this video that you posted, Stevie was right all along. I'm guessing Mick first said it to Lindsey and then Lindsey corrected her (not through the microphone) and then she says in the microphone that Lindsey was right. What they needed blah blah blah. So he did remind her of that in front of thousands of people.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm guessing Mick first said it to Lindsey and then Lindsey corrected her (not through the microphone) and then she says in the microphone that Lindsey was right. What they needed blah blah blah. So he did remind her of that in front of thousands of people.
i'm not seeing Lindsey correcting her or reminding her but you might have much better eyes than me if you are able to catch that.

would Stevie hear through her ear thingy what the others are saying onstage if it's not said in the mic?

Old 11-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i'm not seeing Lindsey correcting her or reminding her but you might have much better eyes than me if you are able to catch that.

would Stevie hear through her ear thingy what the others are saying onstage if it's not said in the mic?
C'mon, you can't see that??
Stevie can hear Mick and Lindsey and what they are saying to her.